Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

“It’s Been Five Years And I’m Still In The 3rd Year” - Student Laments (VIDEO) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “It’s Been Five Years And I’m Still In The 3rd Year” - Student Laments (VIDEO) (455 Views)

NDU Student Laments As Rat "Chops" Her 30k Inside A Saving Box In Amassoma / "If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / Francis Otunta Accused Of impregnating Girlfriend & Graduating Her In 3rd Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“It’s Been Five Years And I’m Still In The 3rd Year” - Student Laments (VIDEO) by CampussNews: 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2022
Update from SIGGY .ng

Three Nigerian students have expressed how the current Academic Staff Universities union (ASUU) strike has made them learn skills while sitting at home, Siggy reports.

In a BBC interview, Nigerian students have lamented about the crisis caused by the incessant Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) strike, and how it has caused them untoward hardship.

Two young students who spoke to the BBC said that it has affected them and their time is being wasted. It should be noted that lecturers went on strike because of unpaid allowances.

One of the students, identified as Nwachukwu Goodness Chidinma, said she has been using her time to apply for scholarships abroad and get online jobs

A UI student, named, Ayomide Babalola Elizabeth, revealed that though she does not have a Plan B, she has been working on her music career

A student of the University of Ibadan (UI), Ayomide Babalola Elizabeth, said that a course she should be studying for four years may take her five to six years because of perpetual strike actions.

Ganikanwa Chukwunonso Davis, studying at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), stated that they have paid for hostels they are not staying because of the strike action.

Another undergraduate, Nwachukwu Goodness Chidinma of FUTO, added that she should have been done with university education, but despite being in school for five years, she is still in 300 level.

According to Elizabeth, she is using the forced holiday to perform as a gospel artiste. Chidinma on the other hand is working as a freelancer online. Plan B Chukwunonso has resorted to learning how to make clothes.

All of them except Chidinma said they do not have a plan B. The online freelancer said she has been applying for scholarships and will be glad to leave the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rvj6cNRM9w

Source: SIGGY

Re: “It’s Been Five Years And I’m Still In The 3rd Year” - Student Laments (VIDEO) by Treasure17(m): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2022
ASUU strike will ruin your plans.
Re: “It’s Been Five Years And I’m Still In The 3rd Year” - Student Laments (VIDEO) by Shalommy(f): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
They should learn handwork. Who school help for naija?. Bubu didn't go to school and yet he's a president. Chaii.. Naija na my country! cheesy
Re: “It’s Been Five Years And I’m Still In The 3rd Year” - Student Laments (VIDEO) by Sigggy: 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2022
Shalommy:
They should learn handwork. Who school help for naija?. Bubu didn't go to school and yet he's a president. Chaii.. Naija na my country! cheesy

Lol.
Re: “It’s Been Five Years And I’m Still In The 3rd Year” - Student Laments (VIDEO) by MikeofKd(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2022
Shalommy:

Some of you amaze me with your dumbness at times ,who told you Buhari didn't go to school ode, someone that finished from NDA Nigerian defence academy ,and was one time head of state. U just open ur mouth whoa Mumu.

If u don't go to school and map out ur future ,learn hand work, learn hand work , when the Nigerian economy finally cripples and your hand work can't even meet up with the bills that when you would realise education is important for better planning of the future.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands / We’re Not Beggars. Hunger Won’t Force Us To Resume – ASUU Tells FG / Ocpotech Slt Course Allocation 2nd Semester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.