Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Socialite, Ogbulu Bags 27 Months Imprisonment - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Socialite, Ogbulu Bags 27 Months Imprisonment (383 Views)

Fuel Souvenir: Court Sentences Erelu Okin To 27 Months In Prison / Yahoo Yahoo Apprentice In Ibadan Bags Six Months Imprisonment (Photo) / Port Harcourt Yahoo Boy Sentenced To 6 Months Imprisonment (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Socialite, Ogbulu Bags 27 Months Imprisonment by brainycaleb(m): 7:44am On Mar 27, 2022
Ms. Ogbulu Pearl, who distributed Premium Motor Spirit, also known as fuel, as souvenir at a party, has been sentenced to 27 months in prison.

Pearl was convicted by a Lagos Special Offences Mobile Court sitting at Oshodi, on Friday.

The defendant was earlier arraigned on March 14, for the offence of distributing PMS as souvenir during her installation party on March 5.

The Chief Magistrate, Kehinde Ogundare, convicted Pearl to three months imprisonment or an option of N15, 000 fine on the first count.

Ogundare also ordered the Lagos socialite to pay the sum of N1 million on second and third count charges or face two years imprisonment.

Pearl was accused of violating section 251(1), 168 (1), 244 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 and Section 195 (2)(b) of the Environmental Management Protection Law of Lagos State 2017.

The defendant who had earlier pleaded not guilty, later changed it to guilty.

From: https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/26/fuel-souvenir-lagos-socialite-ogbulu-bags-27-months-imprisonment/

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Socialite, Ogbulu Bags 27 Months Imprisonment by Sirmuel1(m): 7:53am On Mar 27, 2022
This one don enter one chance
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Socialite, Ogbulu Bags 27 Months Imprisonment by LeoDeKing: 7:56am On Mar 27, 2022
Very good for them.

Fuel as a souvenir, not minding the risk of fire incidence and deliberately using the hiccup in the fuel situation to mock the country is nothing but a treasonable felony. If you like, start screaming tyrany for that 27 months, no country will allow that dogshit undecided

How many times have we experienced fuel scarcity since inception of this administration that they will start behaving like donkeys?

The Meth cannibals that have been adding fuel to his fire thinking they are praising him can now go appeal on his behalf or declare 27 month sit at home in sympathy. angry
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Socialite, Ogbulu Bags 27 Months Imprisonment by godofuck231: 8:01am On Mar 27, 2022
The people who reported this case sha , I hope they sleep well at night , because they would wake one day to see gifts like petrol cans and matchboxes
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Socialite, Ogbulu Bags 27 Months Imprisonment by brainycaleb(m): 12:16pm On Mar 27, 2022
For me, I simply see no difference in her choice of souvenir, it can be whatever! Diesel, water, alcohol, food, small bags, money, etcetera, so long it's safely packaged. I'm no lawyer but I feel that such an issue should have no place in criminal law, not unless it poses an imminent threat to the lives and properties of the members of immediate members of her society. I still feel that this court case was however made to siphon money from the defendant as the judgement and sentencing was seemingly done both on sentimental and emotional grounds.

You can can make me see reasons otherwise...
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Socialite, Ogbulu Bags 27 Months Imprisonment by MurderX: 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
Chidinma Pearl Ogbulu

(1) (Reply)

Police Brutality: Protest In Benin Over Death Of Youth / NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Behind N3billion Tramadol Linked To Abba Kyaris Team / Security tips that might be of benefit to you.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.