Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI (767 Views)

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / How Can I Destroy/damage My Stolen Phone (IMEI Number With Me) / When A Phone Imei Number Is Changed, Can It Still Be Tracked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by Kaycee18: 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
Good day, my phone's screen was damaged and I requested to have it fixed by an engineer with a big phone store in Lagos.

I sent a mail to make an inquiry and he asked for the phone's IMEI. I don't really know much about that, so I have to ask. Is it advisable to send the IMEI number?

I don't know if anything dubious could be done with that information or if it's just to check certain things about the phone. I would be grateful for your expert opinion.
Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by Ahmback(m): 12:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Don't send shit dude

2 Likes

Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by eddynaira125: 12:53pm On Mar 27, 2022
There is no business btw phone screen and IME

Call him and ask if is referring to model name/number

If not look for another engineer to avoid story that touch

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by Kingpin1000: 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
It may be model number He wants not IMEI.
He needs the model number to know the exact screen..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by Kaycee18: 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
eddynaira125:

Okay, I'll place a call through to confirm, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by Kaycee18: 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:
It may be model number He wants not IMEI.
He needs the model number to know the exact screen..

Oh, I'll ask him to be sure. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by Kaycee18: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
eddynaira125:

He says it's the IMEI number, I'll find another engineer. Thank you.
Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by scarycuteface(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
Dont tell him
Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by emmy512: 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
He prolly thinks its a stolen phone or someone claims it is and wants to confirm.
Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by shaggy007(m): 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
Shebi you'll still send the phone to them for repairs?

Once they fix your screen, your IMEI can easily be seen.

So, what's the big deal?
Re: Phone Engineer Wants To Know My Phone's IMEI by Efulefu(f): 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2022
But Op, this is 2022, you can get 5 phones whos phySically are identical in any way, but internally (software/parts) are different. Eg; infinix Hot 10 comes as X657, X657a, X657b and X657c. You as a user may not know that.

For this, you need to know the exact Phone model of each before odering spare part.

Espcially in case of Screen/Touch/Sensor

only IMEI can PURELY differenciate this phones.

In IMEI, the FAC will tell you that.

So this is what ur engr mean, He want to know exact replacement part for your device.

See the image below, THE FAC, hiding it to someone is useless, because thausand of devices have the same FAC, only the last serials differ.

(1) (Reply)

Redmi Phone Users, Advice Needed / S7 Users / Original Casing For Nokia E61

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.