Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,581 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future (382 Views)

Impact Of Inflation On Investments And Effective Hedging Strategies / A TESTED Hedging Trading Strategy To Avoid Binance Futures Liquidation | Hedge / More On Vinfast Vietnam Company That Began No Better Than Nigeria's Car Makers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future by Litmus: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LvS8tuABEc

Why isn't Innoson and or other vehicles manufacturers hedging against the future by partially transitioning to electric vehicles productions? Ev's don't seem particularly complicated vehicles in comparison to combustion engines. Battery tech development is accelerating and improving range by the year and we in Nigeria Africa should be alert to the dangers and humiliation of being left behind again by history of development and pioneering.

There are even numerous small Chinese EV start-ups that Nigeria entrepreneurs like Innoson could purchase in order to leapfrog certain development stages.

Before someone mentions Nigeria's electricity supply issues, let me add that Nigeria would be exporting to Africa and other nations with reliable electric supply. Many nations are crying out for cheap electric vehicles that we, with our peculiarities, may be able to innovate, who knows......
Re: Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future by Solsix(m): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
If u think it's easy start it, it mustn't be innoson

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future by Litmus: 3:04pm On Mar 27, 2022
Solsix:
If u think it's easy start it, it mustn't be innoson

I'm not at all offended by your advice because it is a good one, especially if you meant it positively. Unfortunately, I'm not a doer type but more a visionary type. I am the type popular about ten years ago, the type often brought in by industry to advise on where to focus or ways forward. I have a gift for seeing the future .... I don't mean magically or fifth sense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future by Solsix(m): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2022
Litmus:

I'm not at all offended by your advice because it is a good one, especially if you meant it positively. Unfortunately, I'm not a doer type but more a visionary type. I am the type popular about ten years ago, the type often brought in by industry to advise on where to focus or ways forward. I have a gift for seeing the future .... I don't mean magically or fifth sense
Your response is mature, but vision without action is useless. People with great vision are always action people

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future by Kobicove(m): 6:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
Litmus:

What you know is just theory!

There is currently no market for electric vehicles in Nigeria therefore it is foolish to go and tie up scarce financial resources by investing in the infrastructure for it's assembly now.

There will still be a market for fossil fuel cars in Nigeria even in the next 20 years!
Re: Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future by Litmus: 10:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
Kobicove:

What you know is just theory!

There is currently no market for electric vehicles in Nigeria therefore it is foolish to go and tie up scarce financial resources by investing in the infrastructure for it's assembly now.

There will still be a market for fossil fuel cars in Nigeria even in the next 20 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjy9lnq9v0

Fatai Hammed
9 days ago
I wrote hyundai of recent ...they are about to lunch first locally assembled Electric Car here in Nigeria
Re: Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future by Kobicove(m): 6:58am On Mar 28, 2022
Litmus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjy9lnq9v0

This video you sent still does not prove that the electric vehicle market in Nigeria is viable as at yet!

...and I can bet a million Naira that Hyundai still has not yet launched the EV assembly plant in Nigeria.

Please tell me the number of people who actually even own an electric vehicle in Nigeria currently which they use on a regular basis.

When making business investment decisions which require large capital outlay you act based on hard facts which support economic viability of the investment and not based on sentiments!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigeria Car Manufacturers Not Hedging Against The Future by skywalker240(m): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2022
Hmmmmm

It will take a long year's for Africa to meet up with the EV market, heck even most top western countries are yet to make strides in the EV market

Even when they've all ported to Electric vehicles, which of course would still be maybe 5 to 10 years from now, then expect Africa a dumpster site to start getting affordable EVs 15 to 20 years time

In Africa, it would take almost another 40years to phase out fossils fuel vehicles

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Quick Money / Markets.com Provides An Exceptionally Personal CFD Trading Experience / 9sure - Investment Banking Platform To Make Between 15% And 230% In 7days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.