Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

The Exceeding Glory Of The New Testament - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Exceeding Glory Of The New Testament (413 Views)

Koinonia Global 2024: The Year Of Exceeding Great Rewards / The Glory Of Godly Women (genesis And Exodus) / "The Glory Of His Presence with Pastor Benny Hinn" In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Exceeding Glory Of The New Testament by judedwriter(m): 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2022
This is a very important message especially for these end times; please study it carefully.

2 Corinthians 3
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁷ But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
⁸ How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
⁹ For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
¹⁰ For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

Exodus 34
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁸ And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
²⁹ And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
³⁰ And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.

When God redeemed His people, the Israelites from their cruel bondage in Egypt, He brought them into the wilderness firstly to establish His covenant with them.

The word covenant means agreement.

God entered into an agreement with His people through a set of laws, namely, the ten commandments.

These ten commandments were initially handwritten by God Himself on tablets of stone, but were broken by Moses out of anger when he saw the Israelites worshipping a golden calf.

Moses was compelled to get another set of ten commandments from God on the mountain Sinai. This time around, he wrote them himself as God spoke.

After waiting in God's presence for forty days, something very significant happened. As Moses returned from God with the ten commandments in his hands, his face shone brightly with radiant light.

Moses himself didn't know that his face shone.
It was when he saw the Israelites fearfully cringing from him that he knew something was amiss.

Moses had to put on a viel over his face to cover the bright light until it faded away.

According to our Bible text, if the Old covenant or testament had so much glory, how much more the New covenant or testament?

The Old covenant, despite its dazzling glory, ended in a disaster. The people of Israel blatantly disobeyed God's covenant (especially by idolatry) and most of them are still rebelling against Him (by rejecting Jesus) even to this day.
God had to enter a New covenant with a new people, not by Moses, but by the Lord Jesus:

Hebrews 8
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁷ For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
⁸ For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
⁹ Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
¹⁰ For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people.

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant...
— Hebrews 12:24

When Moses mediated the old covenant to the people of Israel, his face shine brightly. This signified that the Old testament had a level of undisputed glory.

However, when the Lord Jesus mediated the New covenant to us, He brought it with far exceeding glory than that of Moses.

The New testament by far exceeds the Old testament in glory:

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
— 2 Corinthians 4:6

To summarize:

1. The Old covenant God entered into with the Israelites, carried much glory. This was evidenced by the shinning face of Moses.

2. However, because the Israelites disobeyed God, God sought another better covenant with the gentiles (non Jews) through Jesus Christ.

3. This New covenant mediated to us by Jesus, outweighs the Old testament in glory. We can access greater glory today than the Israelites did with Moses, through the Lord Jesus Christ.

This is why today when we spend time to read, study and confess the scriptures of the New testament Bible, we shine with greater glory.

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the READING OF THE OLD TESTAMENT; which vail is done away in Christ (in the New testament reading).
— 2 Corinthians 3:14

The New testament Bible carries greater glory than the Old testament Bible. When I first heard this truth from a renowned Bible teacher_Mel Bond, I was surprised. I noticed since then, when I spent more time studying the New testament, I accessed greater spiritual glory.

This is not to say we should ignore the Old testament, (there are lots of interesting accounts and stories in the OT) but create more time for the New testament.

Jesus Christ is coming sooner than we expect for a glorious church free from poverty, shame, demonic oppression, addictive sins, curses, backwardness, stagnation, etc.

Are you a part of this glorious church?

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
— Ephesians 5:27

Re: The Exceeding Glory Of The New Testament by Hundredfold4lif(m): 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Beautiful!
100% TRUTH!!!
Re: The Exceeding Glory Of The New Testament by judedwriter(m): 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hundredfold4lif:
Beautiful!
100% TRUTH!!!

Thanks brother

(1) (Reply)

Is It Bibilical To Divorce In This Condition? / Why Are Youths Of Today No Longer Go To Church On Sunday / Light Has Never Gone Off In Canaanland Since 1999 – Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.