Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen (941 Views)

Rector Of Ede Poly Installs King-size Bed In Office, Suspended.. / Meet Michael Arimanwa, Rector Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri / Adamu Abubakar Rasheed Graduates From University Of Aberdeen UK. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by Ifedayo45: 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
Martina Chukwuma-Ezike has been officially installed as Rector of the University of Aberdeen in King’s College Chapel, following in the footsteps of other notable Aberdeen University rectors including Winston Churchill, philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, and television presenter, Clarissa Dickson Wright.

She is the first woman of colour and first Nigerian to be elected Rector of the university, an ancient position that dates back to the foundation of the University in 1495 and is voted by the students.

Martina Chukwuma-Ezike is Chief Executive of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation, Scotland’s only dedicated asthma charity, which she founded in 2009. The charity set up the first Asthma Support Centre in the UK in order to provide support services for people with asthma and allergies in the northeast of Scotland. She is also a graduate of the University of Aberdeen, having completed her MBA in 2009, and has a longstanding relationship with the student body, offering mentoring, volunteering, and work placement opportunities at the Asthma and Allergy Foundation, enabling medical students to gain experience by working directly with asthmatics.

Martina co-developed the Grampian Respiratory Improvement Project for NHSG and is a sitting member of the Grampian Respiratory Improvement Group; She is a member of the Cross-Party Group on Lung Health at the Scottish Parliament and member of the Association of Chief Officers of Scottish Voluntary Organisations, mentoring and supporting newly appointed Chief Executive Officers.

She is an ardent supporter of women in business and an active mentor of business owners across the UK. She is also a fellow of The Royal Society for Arts, Manufacturing, and Commerce, received based on the tremendous work she did to support the 5.4 million people living with asthma across the UK during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The University of Aberdeen has a community of more than 130 nationalities, with almost 200 students from Nigeria. It was founded with international connections and is open to people and ideas from around the world.

The new rector is married to Uchenna Chukwuma-Ezike, a chartered chemist and chartered scientist who hails from Anambra State, Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by Franksomtoo: 12:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by Fahdiga(m): 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2022
How I wish I am an Igbo man

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by MadamVanessa(f): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2022
shocked

Congratulations dear.

When it comes to great feat achievement. I give it to Igbos and Yorubas. Forget their beef here on nairaland. Those two tribes are the best in Nigeria.

God bless them, proud of you guys.
Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by qekng40(f): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
Congratulations! cool

Bigotry statements go soon full this thread, abeg who do una

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by Malory: 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
Fahdiga:
How I wish I am an Igbo man
I thought you are an Igbo man?

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by Fahdiga(m): 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
Malory:
I thought you are an Igbo man?
No dear I'm from Ilesha
Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
E go pain some people

Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by francisco327: 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
ibo amakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
haahahahaha..wailers are coming and we are waiting with Joy..
Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by LILTJAY: 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
Small feet
Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by Lordbinsmar: 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
grin

Only YIEBO ladies are smart.

An average YIEBO man is a potential fraudster and drug dealer.

embarassed

YIEBO Amala
Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by Lordbinsmar: 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
SarakiBukola:

Yeah. The yamlegger babes aren't bad to handle.... grin

But you see the coward chestbeaters... angry

Yes oo especially the flat or cone headed ones grin
Re: A Nigerian Just Became The First Black Rector Of The University Of Aberdeen by Kingnelson9: 7:11am On Mar 29, 2022
When I saw the headline,I new the person is an Igbo.
Congratulations on her achievement.

(1) (Reply)

26 Year Old Nigerian Emerges First African-american To Earn Ph.d. In Aerospace E / 6 Ways To Out Smart Loan Sharks / United States Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.