Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings (5768 Views)

When Allawee Refuse To Enter And You Have To Go For CDS / Are "International" Students Given Any Preference During NYSC Postings? / Nysc Postings And The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by Dsage1: 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2011
The fresh graduates at OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY who were just received their call up letter for batch B 2011 NYSC programm has refused to go to BORNO STATE{i.e BOKO HARAM STATE}for their youth service due to the present situation and incessant killing of people by great boko haramist in the state.The demand made by this people not to go to any nothern state,especially borno state which is the sources of Boko Wahala are yet to be answered. What you people think,are they in right position to diside themself where to exercise their NYSC or not,do you support their resistance to such offer?TO ME I CANT GO TO WHERE THEY WILL KILL ME FOR MY PARENT,simple.What about you?
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 03, 2011
NYSC is stupid for posting people to troubled states,

Most Nigerians in my school don't want to go to Nigeria for youth services, When I finish I want to go to Nigeria and reconnect through NYSC but in western states only!!

is NYSC really blind to what is happening? They still posted people to these nonsensical place?

Too much trouble on the ave for real!!
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2011
nigeria self

I still can't believe this nysc people will send students to trouble states where boko guys are! That is totally in-human, i bet if any of their child were to be involved as students to be sent to this state, they'l refuse or do something to prevent their child/wards from going.

I commend those students that stood their ground, that is what nigeria needs and until its ressolved or change, they should keep holding on.
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by OAM4J: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2011
They should write a protest letter through their State Governors to NYSC Director. I want to know which of the southern states Governors will not support them.

It is obvious that the Federal Government cannot guarantee the safety of these guys. Why put them at such risk?
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by HighChief4(m): 1:17am On Jul 04, 2011
Let every corps member serve in their various regions. Cos going up North is a sheer suicide
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by blank(f): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2011
If they can afford it, they should go and do a masters n den return. Thank God dem no post my brother go there.

BTW, which part of the country is safe? When I was serving, it was Niger Delta but they posted me there and I survived. Then it was East n Benin with the kidnapping n people survived. It just depends on what is reigning at that time.
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by macmoyor(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2011
When there are violence, well organized countries will issue travel alert warning to her citizens traveling to a violent prone countries and affected areas. In Nigeria,it is the opposite. why going to get your self killed in the name of NYSC?.
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by carnal: 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2011
i fully supprt them,my advise they should write a protest letter through their state govt. to NYSC
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by kingchild(m): 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
going to Borno state for NYSC is like embarking on a suicide mission, exemption letter is an option. abi na by force? hah
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by redsun(m): 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
No sane youth corper will travel up notrh for service,since they are subject targets of d dark minded moslem sects
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by beespak7(m): 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2011
Way to go  they did the right thing sending fresh graduates to serve in the troubled north is pure murder other graduates posted to boko haram areas should all join in this protest if they love their lives
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by jason2010(m): 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
It goes to tell you that our leader no send una. I betcha that their children upon return from overseas will be serving in Lagos or Abj. We can go hoarse all we want via screaming our lungs out on the internet or we can type all we want with the largest fonts. Ain't nothing gonna happen. What all the corpers should be doing is start thinking along the lines of setting up an account on NL or facebook, and try to get as much/many people as possible to register, and let their objective be to take a trip to Abuja and baricade the National House Assembly in Abuja. Imagine the effects if over 100,000 young peope block the entrances to the NHA. Thats the only way to resolve all these nonsense. The recent revolution in the middle east started from Facebook.
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by redsun(m): 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
It is not just borno state,d whole of north will not be safe for anybody wearing that uniform who is not a chronic moslem
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by ow11(m): 2:49pm On Jul 04, 2011
All the stooopid NANS, SUG, EXCOs are busy sharing money! This is an opportunity to barricade the national assembly or at least go on NTA and news organisations to redeploy all corps members from Borno state to start!
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by sley4life(m): 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2011
suicide mission. Y would a sane person accept to serve in Borno. In the past 1month in that state over 500 have lost their lives
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by dustydee: 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
I think the NYSC DG is taking this thing far. I would have expected that no one will be posted to Borno state. And by the way why hasn't a state of emergengy been declared in Borno state?
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by dayokanu(m): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2011
OAU are always the frontrunners in everything

Greatest Ife
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by coogar: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2011
D sage:

The fresh graduates at OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY who were just received their call up letter for batch B 2011 NYSC programm has refused to go to BORNO STATE{i.e BOKO HARAM STATE}for their youth service due to the present situation and incessant killing of people by great boko haramist in the state.The demand made by this people not to go to any nothern state,especially borno state which is the sources of Boko Wahala are yet to be answered. What you people think,are they in right position to diside themself where to exercise their NYSC or not,do you support their resistance to such offer?TO ME I CANT GO TO WHERE THEY WILL KILL ME FOR MY PARENT,simple.What about you?

the inspector general of police should arrest the director-general of nysc for his sheer incompetence and attempting to aid in the murder of innocent corp members. in developed countries, he will be sacked for even putting borno state on the call-up letters of the nigerian youths.
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by oyinsbank: 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
They should all get themselves together and report at the National assembly with pressmen. Govt will be too ashamed not to do something about their case.
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by baslone: 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2011
coogar:

the inspector general of police should arrest the director-general of nysc for his sheer incompetence and attempting to aid in the murder of innocent corp members. in developed countries, he will be sacked for even putting borno state on the call-up letters of the nigerian youths.

Some peops are about to be millionaires!

Our leaders love to urge Nigerians not to panic and make statements like
"we will catch the perpetrators!" Then a panel will be raised and money released!

Whatz all the noise! After all “terrorist attacks” are affecting countries all over the world

I love naija!
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by juman(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
Federal government in soup.
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by mbulela: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
the NYSC director general should be confined to an asylum.
how can you with a sane mind send anyone's ward to a troubled area?
Why don't we just scrap this senseless program and design a more people friendly community service program?
just because of the money a few people make from the system,the powers that be are playing ostrich.
scrap the damn thing.
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by halfcurrent(m): 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2011
coogar:

Are you sure the IG is not even from BH state,
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by jerryben12: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2011
NYSC DG and his superiors in government should be fired!
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by coogar: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
halfcurrent:

Are you sure the IG is not even from BH state,

wherever he is from, they should all be shamed. i still don't know why the nigerian youths don't have a voice in nigeria. instead of spending cash on importing cars from america, there should be a media house for the youths to make their voices heard. issues like this should be on the front-page with the caption "nysc d-g/police i-g are mass murderers". when you shame them like that, they will sit up or pack up.
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by lolade4(f): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
Can anyone blame them, going to an area where certain elements of the community have no regard for huiman life; abeg I'd rather incur the wrath of NYSC and keep my life than oblige then and become suya meat
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2011
Why not post them to Iraq?
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by Jarus(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2011
dayokanu:

OAU are always the frontrunners in everything

Greatest Ife
Our head dey there smiley
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by cold(m): 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2011
D sage:

OP are you a graduate?Seriously?
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by gaddafe(m): 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
The NYSC has deliberately placed the lives of these Youths on DEATH ROW. The D.G & State Directors of NYSC should be fired for such act
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by 9dynasty(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Why not post them to Iraq?
make them become international corpers na bomb making go be C.D.S grin grin
Re: Fresh Graduates Refuse Their NYSC Postings by Tonyfrom: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2011
HELLO CORP MEMBERS MAKE U NA START JOINT ALUTA MARCH GO ASO ROCK,OR BONE THE SERVICE, bot if you deceide to go by faith you are On.Your.Own
OYO LO WA O so shine shocked your eye

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Batch A 2017 Corps, Have You Registered?which State Is Your 1,2,3,and 4 Choice. / Nysc Exemption Certificate For Part Time Students / Scholarship For Corpers For International UK HSE Training In Nigeria- Novelle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.