Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,985 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

13 Pins Transmission Issues. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 13 Pins Transmission Issues. (788 Views)

Urgent! Can 10pins Gear Works Perfectly On 13 Pins (camry 07/08/09? / Honda Accord 2008 Transmission Issues / Honda Civic Transmission Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Pins Transmission Issues. by For44: 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
I had issues with my transmission and I contacted a gear mechanic. He told me that the oil pump of my transmission failed and as a result the fiber got burnt together with the 13pins, and that the only good part remaining is the metal. He gave two options, buying another transmission or repairing the old one.
But I keep hearing that 13pins transmission is not repairable. Please gurus in the house help me, I am a novice when it comes with automatic transmission. I don't want to spend 150k on something that's bound to fail. Thanks
Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by Mrkumareze(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
I repaired mine over 2 years, it's still working . It didn't cost me above 90k then.. what is your location
Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by platinum131(m): 5:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mrkumareze:
I repaired mine over 2 years, it's still working . It didn't cost me above 90k then.. what is your location

It's like the guy above is talking about My situation.Pls where did u get yours done?I am in Lagos.
Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by Mrkumareze(m): 5:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
platinum131:

It's like the guy above is talking about My situation.Pls where did u get yours done?I am in Lagos.

I did mine in Asaba, I regretted selling the first faulty one at the rate of 30k.. I bought another one, within a year it developed the same fault.. so I had to make inquiries on the repair, that was how I got to know the mechanic . Over 2 years now no single problem

3 Likes

Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by Zidoh(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hmmm run ooooo!!!
My brother go and buy another transmission jejely and make sure an expert fix it for you. Ask them to check for all electrical parts of your car to ensure there's no conversion because that's what always cause transmission damage plus ensure a very good and original oil Is used. You have to ensure they troubleshoot the innitial causes of damages to the formal transmission if not the next one you buy will still have issue again. Also don't allow any mechanic to cajole you to repair.....it's doesn't end well(dem go use you chop ogunfe and Amala finish).....I no fit talk wetin my eye finish.

1 Like

Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by Aanumi16: 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mrkumareze:

I did mine in Asaba, I regretted selling the first faulty one at the rate of 30k.. I bought another one, within a year it developed the same fault.. so I had to make inquiries on the repair, that was how I got to know the mechanic . Over 2 years now no single problem

Oga come and complete this your statement for some of us that will need the service in future.

Where in Asaba did you fix it?

Can you share the technician address/contact?
Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by For44: 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author=Mrkumareze post=111445907]I repaired mine over 2 years, it's still working . It didn't cost me above 90k then.. what is your location [/quote. I dey
Owerri
Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by Mrkumareze(m): 8:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author=For44 post=111450630][/quote]

I will only direct you to the location, I don't base there.. its just by express road, Asaba, stop at OKWE JUNTION. Ask of Sylvester that repaires gearbox..
Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by melviniyke2002(m): 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mrkumareze:

pls can u share d mechanic location in asaba n contacts, my brother rav4 gearbox is faulty n he is based in asaba bonsaac area
Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by diportivo: 10:00pm On Mar 28, 2022
For44:
I had issues with my transmission and I contacted a gear mechanic. He told me that the oil pump of my transmission failed and as a result he fiber got burnt together with the 13pins, and that the only good part remaining is the metal. He gave two options, buying another transmission or repairing the old one.
But I keep hearing that 13pins transmission is not repairable. Please gurus in the house help me, I am a novice when it comes with automatic transmission. I don't want to spend 150k on something that's bound to fail. Thanks

the entire 13 shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 13 Pins Transmission Issues. by Mrkumareze(m): 12:40am On Mar 29, 2022
melviniyke2002:
pls can u share d mechanic location in asaba n contacts, my brother rav4 gearbox is faulty n he is based in asaba bonsaac area

He should go to Okwe Junction,(not the general hospital side) ask of Oga sylvester that repairs Gear Box. His boy's number 09039440123..

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2005 Problem P0606 / PRE-ORDER ANY VEHICLE OF your CHOICE FROM D USA WITH STILL DAWN NIG LTD IN 4WEEKS / Vin Checks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.