Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria (3105 Views)

HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019 Review— King Of Midrange? + Camera Samples / Debate : Konga Vs Jumia, Best Online Shopping Platform in nigeria?? / Is This the King of Budget Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Djtconceptblog: 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
When it comes to Nigeria ecommerce, you cannot shove aside Konga or Jiji, having dominated the ecommerce space for many years now, many people want to know which platform is better and safer to shop online in 2022. With the likes of Konga and Jiji, you can easily shop all you need without moving a muscle. These ecommerce platforms serve as a bridge between producers and consumers, they have brought massive sales to producers in the last couple of years and met the need of consumers, especially during the lock down era of covid-19.In this article, we will be exploring two giant ecommerce platforms in Nigeria, Konga and Jiji, looking at their differences, similarities, business models and genuineness of products and much more. Relax and enjoy the ride!
Show us some Love, Kindly share our post

Table of contents

Jiji vs Konga – Overview

Jiji vs Konga -Definitions

Jiji vs Konga – Differences and Similarities

Jiji vs Konga – Comparison Table

Jiji vs Konga- Which is better?

Jiji vs Konga – What customers are saying? (Reviews)

Jiji vs Konga – Alternatives

Jiji vs Konga- Summary

Konga vs Jiji – Definitions
What is Konga?

Konga.com is a Nigerian e-commerce company founded in July 2012 with headquarters in Gbagada, Lagos State. It offers a third-party online marketplace, as well as first-party direct retail spanning various categories including consumer electronics, fashion, home appliances, books, children’s items, computers & accessories, phones and tablets, health care and personal care products. The company also has logistics service (KXPRESS), which enables the timely shipment and delivery of packages to customers.
What is Jiji?

Jiji is an African online marketplace that provides buyers and sellers with an avenue to meet and exchange goods and services.

Jiji was founded in 2014 by Anton wolyanksy, jiji started as jiji blog providing visitors with information on business, technologies, entertainment, lifestyle tips, life stories, news , it has grown and expanded into five (5) african countries; Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Tanzania.
Jiji Vs Konga – Differences and Similarities

Although marketplaces and classified ads have similarities, the main differences is the way they handle transactions. Jiji as a classified marketplace does not process transaction between buyers and sellers. They only use their platform as a meeting point between the buyer and the seller, whereas Konga operates a different business model, they process payment of the transactions through their platform, this means when you buy a product from konga, you are not dealing with a vendor, you are dealing with Konga directly, they take part in the transactions , thus increasing their liability.

Konga has not found an effective way of vetting vendors on their platform, some of their vendors are scammers, same goes with jiji, although jiji makes customers liable for their transactions, konga on the otherhand takes up the responsibility, this has soiled the brand of konga over the years.

Lots of customers have expressed gross displeasure at the products sold by konga, they are either fake or substandard, in statistics, almost 4 out of every konga products delivered are fake or substandard , this is a real eyesore.

It has led to the emergence of ecommerce startups like Djt Smart Accessories, making trust , reliablility and what you order is what you get their priority.

Read full article : https://accessories.djtconcept.ng/konga-vs-jiji2022-which-is-a-better-platform-to-shop-online/

1 Share

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Oblitz(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
Jumia

2 Likes

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
Konga should be put in same talks with Jumia, not Jiji.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Onyeka90210(m): 6:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
Obviously konga is safer but you can get sweeter deals on jiji, just that it's not safe
You shouldn't be comparing the two, one is pure e commerce(konga) while the other(jiji) is p2p consumer to consumer.
You should be comparing jumia and konga, but jumia is obviously the biggest and best in Nigeria.
Jiji has the potential to the the best, if they can adapt some features from eBay(which would reduce fraudulent sellers) but they are just after money.

22 Likes

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by chinonyinye: 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
Djtconceptblog:

Lots of customers have expressed gross displeasure at the products sold by konga, they are either fake or substandard, in statistics, almost 4 out of every konga products delivered are fake or substandard , this is a real eyesore.

It has led to the emergence of ecommerce startups like Djt Smart Accessories, making trust , reliablility and what you order is what you get their priority.

Read full article : https://accessories.djtconcept.ng/konga-vs-jiji2022-which-is-a-better-platform-to-shop-online/

It's like this op was paid to badmouth Konga. I've used both Jumia and Konga and i can say confidently that Konga is better and more organized than Jumia

So, it's Jiji that most people complain about being scammed there that is now safe abi?

In case you're not aware, there's a return policy on Konga. You don't get scammed there.

Please if you want to advertise your business, do it without badmouthing others. Thank you.

BTW, I'm not a Konga staff, just a loyal customer.

7 Likes

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by rtdCivilservant: 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
Op was paid to tarnish Konga. At least with the return policy, u are sure of getting back ur money if u are displeased with an item purchased.
Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by motipass: 7:05am On Mar 29, 2022
I still prefer jiji anyday, anytime but you must be smart sha, so you dont into the hands of scammers.

1 Like

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 8:08am On Mar 29, 2022
Out of the two, one have been completely taken over by fraudsters!
Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by porthouse7(f): 8:47am On Mar 29, 2022
jiji any time anyday, jiji don support my hustle in d past

1 Like

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by porthouse7(f): 8:48am On Mar 29, 2022
Oblitz:
Jumia
I actually delete jumia yesterday,very fake and unproductive
Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by swaqq(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2022
It should be
konga vs jumia
Jiji vs olist

4 Likes

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by sunjai(f): 9:29am On Mar 29, 2022
Djtconceptblog:

When it comes to Nigeria ecommerce, you cannot shove aside Konga or Jiji, having dominated the ecommerce space for many years now, many people want to know which platform is better and safer to shop online in 2022. With the likes of Konga and Jiji, you can easily shop all you need without moving a muscle. These ecommerce platforms serve as a bridge between producers and consumers, they have brought massive sales to producers in the last couple of years and met the need of consumers, especially during the lock down era of covid-19.In this article, we will be exploring two giant ecommerce platforms in Nigeria, Konga and Jiji, looking at their differences, similarities, business models and genuineness of products and much more. Relax and enjoy the ride!
Show us some Love, Kindly share our post

Table of contents

Jiji vs Konga – Overview

Jiji vs Konga -Definitions

Jiji vs Konga – Differences and Similarities

Jiji vs Konga – Comparison Table

Jiji vs Konga- Which is better?

Jiji vs Konga – What customers are saying? (Reviews)

Jiji vs Konga – Alternatives

Jiji vs Konga- Summary

Konga vs Jiji – Definitions
What is Konga?

Konga.com is a Nigerian e-commerce company founded in July 2012 with headquarters in Gbagada, Lagos State. It offers a third-party online marketplace, as well as first-party direct retail spanning various categories including consumer electronics, fashion, home appliances, books, children’s items, computers & accessories, phones and tablets, health care and personal care products. The company also has logistics service (KXPRESS), which enables the timely shipment and delivery of packages to customers.
What is Jiji?

Jiji is an African online marketplace that provides buyers and sellers with an avenue to meet and exchange goods and services.

Jiji was founded in 2014 by Anton wolyanksy, jiji started as jiji blog providing visitors with information on business, technologies, entertainment, lifestyle tips, life stories, news , it has grown and expanded into five (5) african countries; Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Tanzania.
Jiji Vs Konga – Differences and Similarities

Although marketplaces and classified ads have similarities, the main differences is the way they handle transactions. Jiji as a classified marketplace does not process transaction between buyers and sellers. They only use their platform as a meeting point between the buyer and the seller, whereas Konga operates a different business model, they process payment of the transactions through their platform, this means when you buy a product from konga, you are not dealing with a vendor, you are dealing with Konga directly, they take part in the transactions , thus increasing their liability.

Konga has not found an effective way of vetting vendors on their platform, some of their vendors are scammers, same goes with jiji, although jiji makes customers liable for their transactions, konga on the otherhand takes up the responsibility, this has soiled the brand of konga over the years.

have you tried buying from Goodspac.com? Try them you will never regret it.
Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 29, 2022
No lies konga deals are cheap but too many substandard products

3 Likes

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Brushstrokes20: 10:45am On Mar 29, 2022
Jiji is awesome!...I've traded a lot of stuffs there, but you must be smart not to fall prey to fraudsters.
Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by billyadam(m): 11:25am On Mar 29, 2022
They are both good. I think they can merge together and form KONJI grin and become the biggest and a formable online marketplace in Africa �.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by MrAndre07: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
motipass:
I still prefer jiji anyday, anytime but you must be smart sha, so you dont into the hands of scammers.
How smart can you get esepcialy a platform that doesn't have a return money policy to curtail scammers. Once you send the money, it is as good as gone if the seller is fake. And most sellers want the money to be paid before delivery especially on Interstate purchase.

1 Like

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Dwightventures(m): 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
Apples and oranges comparison as a few have pointed out.

As a former seller on Jiji, I'm AMAZED how people keep harping on scammer sellers. My own experience is criminals and idle people posing as buyers and frustrating sellers. I have been defrauded ₦87,000 in 2019 by fake transfer. Somebody has bought my lens, from afar, used it and tried to claim it was faulty for a refund. I still have his meaningless video I required him to make to show the problem.

The Jiji concept is the best. Jiji is just a useless, criminally minded, incompetent, avaricious company. They stole my ₦18,000 subscription by blocking my account because I took them on as they were allowing above mentioned people frustrate my life. There was Tradestable and Olx in the past. Jumia and Konga are for new items.

In the end, the scammers are Nigerians; it's not about buyer ir seller. Our people are not a decent, upright people by their very nature, and you all hate me for saying it without stop. I've been saying it before some of you were born, but I get lectured online by small boys who have no clue what's happening.

If there's an alternative to Jiji, I need to know because even nairaland is a worse disaster for selling items. It us tough to be a sensible person in this country

2 Likes

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 28, 2022
Dwightventures:
Apples and oranges comparison as a few have pointed out.

As a former seller on Jiji, I'm AMAZED how people keep harping on scammer sellers. My own experience is criminals and idle people posing as buyers and frustrating sellers. I have been defrauded ₦87,000 in 2019 by fake transfer. Somebody has bought my lens, from afar, used it and tried to claim it was faulty for a refund. I still have his meaningless video I required him to make to show the problem.

The Jiji concept is the best. Jiji is just a useless, criminally minded, incompetent, avaricious company. They stole my ₦18,000 subscription by blocking my account because I took them on as they were allowing above mentioned people frustrate my life. There was Tradestable and Olx in the past. Jumia and Konga are for new items.

In the end, the scammers are Nigerians; it's not about buyer ir seller. Our people are not a decent, upright people by their very nature, and you all hate me for saying it without stop. I've been saying it before some of you were born, but I get lectured online by small boys who have no clue what's happening.

If there's an alternative to Jiji, I need to know because even nairaland is a worse disaster for selling items. It us tough to be a sensible person in this country
Seems u deal in tech products, u did sell faster on Instagram, especially when your 'niche' isn't over saturated.

Just boost ur following a little, and with the right targeting you did get it right. It may be costly at the onset but u did see results
Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by saysugar(m): 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2022
Jiji is best better’Jiji too sure plug grin

1 Like

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Nomaloo: 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2023
Yeah I have used jiji in the past , but something i don't like about a big company like jiji, they don't offer a free option for a long period of time. That's why I searched and came a website where anyone can post free ads for long enough, no payment required.. Nomaloo Nigeria has offered a huge opportunity for sellers and buyers to dive in the marketplace.
Do you have something to sell? Or Buy?
Post free ads & enjoy secure online payments, zero commissions, seller payouts, flash promos, refunds, easy sign-up and more at nomaloo.com.ng

Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Nomaloo: 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2023
Yeah I have used jiji in the past , but something i don't like about a big company like jiji, they don't offer a free option for a long period of time. That's why I searched and came a website where anyone can post free ads for long enough, no payment required.. Nomaloo has offered a huge opportunity for sellers and buyers to dive in the marketplace.
Do you have something to sell? Or Buy?
Post free ads & enjoy secure online payments, zero commissions, seller payouts, flash promos, refunds, easy sign-up and more at nomaloo.com.ng
Re: Konga Vs Jiji ; Who Is The King Of Ecommerce Market In Nigeria by Nomaloo: 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2023
Lol 🤣 true... both konga and jiji are good for anyone to sell stuff, but I think jiji aren't concerned about their users alot they are just in to collect payments for ad.. glady I came across a website, where anyone can post anything for free, Nomaloo amazingly offer flash promos, free ads etc. Visit nomaloo.com.ng to ease stress

(1) (Reply)

Codes For Phones / Infinix S3 Review / Tecno Camon 16 - They Finally Did It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.