Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This (3838 Views)

The Pharaohs Of Egypt Are More Stable - Aigbogun / Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons / Super Falcons Are Out Of The Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by semid4lyfe(m): 12:05am On Jul 04, 2011
Alright, for all of you who say the Super Falcons players no sabi ball and the team needs better players, I have just unearthed a gem.

Apart from being skillful and a very good footballer, she also very alluring, down to Earth and she's NIGERIAN to the core as shown by her FB and you can be sure she's the age she claims. The Babe despite repping Switzerland at U-19 level still wants to play for Nigeria. . . .   

Exclusive: Nigerian wonder-kid ESEOSA AIGBOGUN joins FC Basel
Published: July 03, 2011
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=5144

The Switzerland Under 19 international Eseosa Aigbogun is on the brink of a transition to FC Basel, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively reveal.

Next week, the 18 year-old striker will sign a one-year deal with an option for an additional year. FC Basel beat off competition from clubs in Germany and Switzerland for the signature of the phenomenal striker.

Eseosa spent the summer helping the Swiss team qualify for the 2012 FIFA Under 20 Women's World Cup in Uzbekistan. The Switzerland girls lost in the semi-finals of the UEFA Under 19 Championship to Germany.

[b]'' I still want to play for the Nigeria Women's National Team, but I am yet to hear from the Falcons handlers. When the opportunity to play for Switzerland came, I grabbed it with both hands. The coach of the full Swiss Women's Team has contacted me, but I told her I would love to play for my fatherland - Nigeria. My international future is with Nigeria. I only hope to continue doing well at club level to attract the attention of the coaches.

'' The Falcons could have made use of my speed at the on-going Women's World Cup in Germany. I think they did not use their speed and that's surprising because they are so fast and physically fit. Looking at the two games played against France and Germany, they could not have found themselves in this precarious position if they had converted their chances. The strikers lacked cutting edge upfront, they could have done better, '' Eseosa, who has scored three goals in seven appearances for the Swiss Under 19s told allnigeriasoccer.com.

Eseosa Aigbogun has drawn comparisons with the former Ufuoma Babes forward, Mercy Akide.[/b]
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by semid4lyfe(m): 12:14am On Jul 04, 2011
Babe fine die but nor be African cornflakes ie. garrium sulphate a.k.a garri [b]+[/b]sugar[b]+[/b]milk she dey lem for there? Shey una don see wetin I mean by ''she's NIGERIAN to the CORE'' grin grin

Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by honeric01(m): 12:20am On Jul 04, 2011
Fine bini girl lipsrsealed

But is her bones strong? undecided
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by semid4lyfe(m): 12:25am On Jul 04, 2011
honeric01:

Fine bini girl lipsrsealed

Yeah, you can say that again

But is her bones strong? undecided

The ones wey dey chop akpu 247 and their bones strong like BAGCO super sack, wetin dem don achieve for una outside Africa? undecided

African footie is bone to bone, but world stage na different ball game, my broda grin
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by semid4lyfe(m): 12:40am On Jul 04, 2011
Apparently, she's not exactly new as she's been in the news for sometime. All these are older reports from last year. . . . .

Introducing Nigeria's next big Thing,ESEOSA AIGBOGUN
Published: August 09, 2010
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=2228

* Eseosa Aigbogun (17 years) plays for the female team of FC Zurich in Switzerland.Our contacts in Switzerland unearthed the diamond.The 17 year old wonder-kid has told allnigeriasoccer.com that she is ready to play for any of the female teams of Nigeria.

''I was born 23rd of May,1993 in Switzerland to a Nigerian father and a Swiss mother.I also live in Switzerland and play for the Under 18 female team of FC Zurich.Though,i play for the full team,especially if some squad members are unavailable,maybe due to injury.

''It's my dream to play for any of the female national teams of Nigeria.I see myself as a Nigerian.My father never allowed me to forget my roots.I was so proud watching the Falconets on television.They gave a good account of themselves and i felt happy to be a Nigerian.I have been following female football in Nigeria and one of my idols is the FC Saarbrücken striker,Cynthia Uwak.'' Eseosa revealed to allnigeriasoccer.com.

Eseosa Aigbogun scored 12 goals last season for the Under 18's and has been voted the best striker in two consecutive seasons for the youth team of FC Zurich.She has been likened to the former Ufuoma Babes striker,Mercy 'Marvelous' Akide-Udoh(record goal- scorer for the Falcons).

Highly talented and very promising youngster, and she is only 17 years.Eseosa is the 'Next Big Thing' to happen to female football in Nigeria and she could be playing for Nigeria for the next two decades.''We said so''.

Nigeria's Next Big Thing,ESEOSA AIGBOGUN on fire for FC Zurich
Published: August 30, 2010
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=2567

* The Nigerian wonder-kid Eseosa Aigbogun(17 years) scored a hat-trick in the last pre-season friendly before the start of the league season in Switzerland.

The female Under 18 side of FC Zurich defeated Bodensee-Rheintal 5-1.Bodensee-Rheintal are the top female team in Switzerland having won the league last season,so it was a good exhibition game in readiness for the new season which started last weekend.

The Under 18 league kicked off on August 22 and FC Zurich won their first match 3-2 against FC Thun.The 17 year old Nigerian scored two late goals for FC Zurich to seal the tie,in the 79th and 89th minute.

Aigbogun is eligible to play for Nigeria through her father.She is in the form of her life and a call up to any of the female national teams is beckoning for 'Nigeria's Next Big Thing'.

Nigerian Wonder-Kid ESEOSA AIGBOGUN Handed First Team Chance
Published: November 18, 2010
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=3736

The Nigerian wonder-kid, Eseosa Aigbogun (17 years) is on the brink of promtion to the first team of FC Zurich, allnigeriasoccer.com can reveal.

Eseosa has been invited by the Zurich coach, Markus Kummer to the first team because of injuries to four members of the squad - Letizia Bonfardin (bone injury), Nadine Baker ( blocked lumbar vertebrae), Fabio Humm (calf injury) and Flavia Dalla Costa (ankle sprain).

The 17-year-old special talent was in action on Sunday in the second round of the Swiss Cup against FC Aarau. Unfortunately, FC Zurich ladies lost the match (1-2), but Eseosa got rave reviews after the game and praises from her coach.

Eseosa is delighted with her progress in a chat with allnigeriasoccer.com from Switzerland.

''It was my official debut for the first team of FC Zurich. The coach of the team said I was one of the best players on display. I feel very honored to get praises from the coach, and I hope to continue to work hard in training and justify the reason why he included me in the first team.

''The traveling supporters of FC Zurich were also delighted with my performance. They came to meet me after the game, told me I worked hard for the team, and I had good vision on the field of play, '' Eseosa told allnigeriasoccer.com.

The brilliant Nigerian forward has been included in the first team squad for the game with FC Yverdon Féminin on Saturday. If she gets to play as expected, it would be her debut appearance in the league.

FC Zurich are third in the standings, 11 points behind Young Boys, but they have played two games less.

Meanwhile, allnigeriasoccer.com gathered from a top Swiss journalist that Eseosa may be invited to the national team of Switzerland, once she establishes herself in the first team of FC Zurich. However, Eseosa has assured that her international future is with Nigeria.
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by honeric01(m): 12:44am On Jul 04, 2011
Dem take win nations cup and dem use am reach U 20 abi na u17 world cup final lipsrsealed
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by semid4lyfe(m): 1:12am On Jul 04, 2011
At times, I wonder how our National team coaches scout players and invite them to the National teams undecided

Uche Eucharia saw ''a supposedly 16yrs old'' Uchechi Sunday who plays for FC Neunkirch in Switzerland and took her to the world cup despite her being uncapped and never representing/playing for Nigeria at any age-grade level but did not see this girl who plays for a more prominent club in the same switzerland and had been more in the news. undecided

Reminds me of how Eguavoen kept inviting Nosa Igiebor to the U-23 Olympic team from day one but did not extend the same courtesy to Anthony Ujah who was more prolific and making all the headlines in Lillestrom/Norway until he was forced to do so when his team was depleted by injury

Is it a tribalism/ethnicity thing cos yeye dey smell nor be small cry
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by henry101(m): 1:19am On Jul 04, 2011
semid4lyfe:

At times, I wonder how our National team coaches scout players sefundecided

Uche Eucharia saw ''a supposedly 16yrs old'' Uchechi Sunday who plays for FC Neunkirch in Switzerland and took her to the world cup despite her being uncapped and never representing/playing for Nigeria at any age-grade level but did not see this girl who plays for a more prominent club in the same switzerland and had been more in the news. undecided

Reminds me of how Eguavoen kept inviting Nosa Igiebor to the U-23 Olympic team from day one but did not extend the same courtesy to Anthony Ujah who was more prolific and making all the headlines in Lillestrom/Norway until he was forced to do so when his team was depleted by injury

Is it a tribalism/ethnicity thing cos yeye dey smell nor be small cry

I dnt want to believe thats what it is but every coach needs a player s/he feels would do a good job to win a particular game. Would you say the same for Prof. Yemi tella on his U-17 squad? Tribalism in our football is never the reason for inviting players in Nigeria but closeness to individual players, I think.
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by megapro(m): 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
At times, I wonder how our National team coaches scout players and invite them to the National teams

Uche Eucharia saw ''a supposedly 16yrs old'' Uchechi Sunday who plays for FC Neunkirch in Switzerland and took her to the world cup despite her being uncapped and never representing/playing for Nigeria at any age-grade level but did not see this girl who plays for a more prominent club in the same switzerland and had been more in the news.

Is it a tribalism/ethnicity thing cos yeye dey smell nor be small

Do you have to lie to score polemic points?
I saw Uchechi Sunday live at the Bochum stadium play for the U20 Nigerian team last year against Mexico at the U20WC and help take them to the QF.
She was the only one that could dribble in that squad, and alongside Perpetua, Sarah and Rita, the only one that can do that with this WC squad.

The only invention in the final third against Germany was done by her -including that late intelligent flick to Perpetua.

Egu cant invite everyone at the same time. He had Ighalo, Daniel Uchechi and Ehiosun already then.
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by Ibime(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2011
Chariman,

How do we know she is good. Do you have video evidence?

The Swiss full team have never made any waves in any World Cup and Falcons would prolly beat the Swiss women's team. Yet she hasnt broken into the Swiss team.

The fact she is Swiss doesnt mean she is better than the Falcons players. The main reason we should be looking at her is her age - 17.

Concerning Eguavoen's dodgy call-ups, who no know say Eguavoen is a serial bribe taker?
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by MeGaStReEt: 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2011
fine babe
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by Agnesqueen(f): 2:43am On Aug 01, 2011
all these superficial men, yes she may be fine but you are here to talk about her talent. I'm proud of this girl and her aspirations and hope she succeeds in futbol(soccer).
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by semid4lyfe(m): 7:31am On Aug 01, 2011
Seems like her intention to play for Nigeria didn't sit well with her former club hence the move to FC Basel. Read below
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=5306

ESEOSA AIGBOGUN: FC Zurich told me I can not play for Nigeria
Published: July 25, 2011

Eseosa Aigbogun, the 18-year-old Nigerian super-teen, is rated by pundits in Switzerland as the biggest prospect in Swiss football.

It was initially thought Aigbogun joined FC Basel because they are planning a major offensive in the summer market, and have gone for some of the big names playing in the Swiss League. Aigbogun has clarified to the microphones of allnigeriasoccer.com why she left her former club, FC Zurich.

''The manager and coach at FC Zurich were not fair to me. They bluntly told me I can not play for Nigeria if I want to continue playing for FC Zurich. To play for Nigeria, the club officials told me to find a new club, and they also said a lot of other things, '' Eseosa, who leaves for a training camp with the Swiss Under 19 team on Tuesday, told allnigeriasoccer.com.

Adds Eseosa: I will sign the official deal with FC Basel on August 2, and then go and live at Basel. The season starts on August 6, but definitely I shall sign the contract before then.''

FC Zurich have announced through a statement on the official website the transfer of Aigbogun to FC Basel.
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by semid4lyfe(m): 7:58am On Aug 01, 2011
Ibime:
Chariman,

How do we know she is good. Do you have video evidence?

Oga mi,

Saw a video of her goal at the European U-19 Women Championship. She's fast, has a eye for goal and truly young (no age cheating) and we could use all three attributes in the Falcons. I'm on phone so I can't help you with that right now but you can go check it out grin
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by honeric01(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2011
She's even my FB friend now and really wants to play for Nigeria. the passion is there already.
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by semid4lyfe(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2011
honeric01:
She's even my FB friend now and really wants to play for Nigeria. the passion is there already.

Typical Naija guy. . . .too much testosterone tongue

Lots of Nigerian female footballers and Super Falcon players are on FB and I can't help wondering how many you've added as friends undecided

Anyways, copy Miss Aigbogun this thread if she hasn't seen it.
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by enomakos(m): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2011
fine bini babe
Re: Eseosa Aigbogun: Super Falcons Handlers Need To Read This by honeric01(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Typical Naija guy. . . .too much testosterone tongue

Lots of Nigerian female footballers and Super Falcon players are on FB and I can't help wondering how many you've added as friends undecided

Anyways, copy Miss Aigbogun this thread if she hasn't seen it.

Wetin come dey worry you now? lol abi is there a law that states i shouldn't add any player i tend to like? okay what makes you think i don't have other female players on my list too? take time o or i blast you sharp sharp grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance / Download UCL CUP VIDEO: Manchester City Vs Monaco 5-3 2017 Goals & Highlights / Abuja International Marathon: High-Altitude Athletics Club Register 30 Elites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.