Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

What Was The Problem With Rohr - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Was The Problem With Rohr (22209 Views)

Ex-egypt Coach Cuper Disappointed With Nff’s Decision To Stick With Rohr / World Cup: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr / Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by Duru009(m): 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
This COUNTRY is in a mess ....
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by otipoju(m): 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
redcliff:

Una mumu never do to move forward? Nigerians always retrogressing "forward". That is how everybody thinks Jonathan was a good option than Buhari forgetting that Jonathan was quite incompetent himself...

I tell you. If Jonathan was good, people will not have demanded for Buhari. Jonathan was not wicked like buhari but he was clueless and powerless.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by VEHINTOLAR: 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kayyy:

He will sack Eguaevon and his crew soon, he would employ another new face , and everybody will applaud, what was the end of Rogers at Liverpool for the fans was that the season before he was sacked he performed badly and was close to the axe but rather than take the blame, he sacked all his backup crew (assistants, and technical guys ) and got.new ones, the fans could not stand his betrayal of his own appointed staffs and was already divided concerning him, the results in the new season was the nail in the coffin

Amaju Pinnik like any Nigerian politican or boss would find the fall guys , blame them, employ shinning new ones and his fans would clap for him and the corruption and ineptitude continues

You're right my brother,it's really sad!
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by kessydaddy(m): 11:00pm On Mar 29, 2022
Last last Eguaveon na scam, the guy to cut his own national cake,I left millions of football lovers in Nigeria tears,#bring back Rohr #
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by edosignature(m): 11:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
Modern football left Eguavoen in 2004 & the incompetent NFF brought in back to spite us. Joseph Yobo that has not completed his coaching cause was also drafted in to assist a failed coach.

So sad.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by jagorinho: 11:13pm On Mar 29, 2022
phemmyfour:
Who's defending Eguavon? The joke is on you if you think qualifying to make up numbers at the World cup is the pre requisite for choosing a national team coach
Then you must be dumb to assume playing beautiful football and achieving nothing is a pre requisite of a good coach, please I don't want your likes to quote me, your thought process is like a pre historic man.........too mediocre
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by just2endowed: 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
ppogba:
Throwing away a four goal lead against a minnow like Seirra Leone is enough to be a problem for any coach.

Staying as long as he stayed without a silverware is enough to be a problem.

Always saying Nigeria is not amongst the favorite at the commencement of major competitions is enough to be a problem.

If the Super Eagles were to be Chelsea FC, he would not have stayed a quarter of the time.

The gensis of Nigeria football problem is picnik... He would have hired a world class coach immediately sacking rohr but he didn't?
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by Litmus: 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
I was against Rohr leaving but I doubt Nigeria would have beaten Ghana had he been in charge. I predicted Ghana would defeat Nigeria. I stated that the majority of African teams would defeat this Ghana team, they are that weak, but not Nigeria. This is because Ghanaians seem bitter about Nigeria for reasons best known to them. Majority of African teams up thire game when playing Nigeria and it's as if they become twice the team they usually are. With Ghana, it's as if they become four times as strong.

Nigerians arnt bitter towards Ghana and consequently are often outfought by Ghana. I personally believe Nigeria stood better chance of defeating Senegal, with World Cup place at stake, than defeating Ghana.

Soon as I discovered Nigeria were going to face Ghana for a World Cup slot, i switch my expectations to the Nigeria female team.

Beating Ghana, for Nigeria, in future requires Nigeria adopting a Principal by which to live by in addition to the normal footballing stuff.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
jagorinho:

Then you must be dumb to assume playing beautiful football and achieving nothing is a pre requisite of a good coach, please I don't want your likes to quote me, your thought process is like a pre historic man.........too mediocre

Oga the Idiot is so annoying. I read his previous comments and was nearly moved to tears on just how stupid some people can be.

The clown is an embarrassing he-goat.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by Gamesmart: 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Was there any target this man didn't meet...this man took us from the scraps after a local coach undecided, Sunday Oliseh dismantled the team into pieces. He made us good again, he made us believe, he brought the best out of players like Iwobi, Iheanacho, Ighalo, etc...we qualified to the "2018 WC Russia" in style beating the then Africa champions Cameroon 4-0 at home, beating Algeria 3-1 at home also.

We also played well in the WC compared to other African teams, although we didn't make it out of the group stage (solely because of Argentina and Messi) but we played with confidence.

We also played well in the 2019 AFCON but we were just unlucky to finish third after losing in the semi finals to eventual winners Algeria. The fact that Nigeria was one of the favourites to win this year's AFCON was because of what Rohr's side did in the past.

Now we the officially the laughing stock of Africa that 1-0 win against Egypt was a curse in disguise.

Continue reminiscing over below-average era.

Targets were met irrespective of Rohr, not because of Rohr.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by jaxxy(m): 11:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Was there any target this man didn't meet...this man took us from the scraps after a local coach undecided, Sunday Oliseh dismantled the team into pieces. He made us good again, he made us believe, he brought the best out of players like Iwobi, Iheanacho, Ighalo, etc...we qualified to the "2018 WC Russia" in style beating the then Africa champions Cameroon 4-0 at home, beating Algeria 3-1 at home also.

We also played well in the WC compared to other African teams, although we didn't make it out of the group stage (solely because of Argentina and Messi) but we played with confidence.

We also played well in the 2019 AFCON but we were just unlucky to finish third after losing in the semi finals to eventual winners Algeria. The fact that Nigeria was one of the favourites to win this year's AFCON was because of what Rohr's side did in the past.

Now we the officially the laughing stock of Africa that 1-0 win against Egypt was a curse in disguise.

Rohr had major problems bt eguavon is worse. We went don frying pan to fire sadly.

Sack them all. Disgraceful elements.

With all the Top players Rohr and Eguavon couldn't impress or deliver. See how oshimen was running round the pitch like he was the only one playing for Nigeria. Useless coaches.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by redcliff: 11:50pm On Mar 29, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
How was Jonathan Incompetent compared to Buhari?

you guys forget so quick, that is why you keep making the same mistake every 4 years or is it that you had it soooo bad that Jonathan now looks like a messiah in his time? Lool.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by Kayykayy(m): 11:53pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nigerians are never satisfied,they called for the sack of Rohr and appoint someone not as good as Rohr,Eghuavon is not just the right man for the job,his best performance was against Egypt,d reason he won that game was because it was the first game at d afcon, Egypt didn’t have the idea of how Nigeria is gonna play,why sack Rohr and bring in someone not half good as him,his tactics is so poor,no team work,the boys were just playing individually.
Same way they brought Buhari to replace Jonathan,Can you imagine the fans can’t even cheer up the team just because many of those people in that stadium today are hungry.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by eddie7: 12:07am On Mar 30, 2022
NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH ROHR.....his Chi fought & vindicated him today
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by chinchum(m): 12:16am On Mar 30, 2022
Nigerians are quite emotional people and find it difficult to exercise critical reasoning

I said it multiple times here that we had no bussiness sacking Rohr because we were not ready for a viable replacement.

A coach won all 3 away games in a world cup qualifier and fiam we were calling for his head because of some grinded results and loss. He would have taken us to the semifinal at least in the nations cup and secure a world cup spot. I am sure of that.

We overrate ourselves and expect magic bullet from no where.

It is the same approach with our politics. Anyone expecting any eldorado from a président in 2023 is deceiving him/her self.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by jagorinho: 12:26am On Mar 30, 2022
Nigeriahomebiz:

Oga the Idiot is so annoying. I read his previous comments and was nearly moved to tears on just how stupid some people can be.

The clown is an embarrassing he-goat.
This is the second time I would be noticing his crass ignorance, he seems like those guys that shout at the viewing centre with little or no knowledge of the subject matter
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by SonofLothbrok: 2:34am On Mar 30, 2022
damosky12:
Rohr too may not have qualified... This doesn't vindicate him.

It's a lie. We would have played Ghana home and away had Rohr been in charge.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by engroke(m): 3:03am On Mar 30, 2022
over sabi Nigerians that were bent on ridicling us wanted a local coach at all cost
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by Toni19: 3:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Bring back Wersterhoff.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by phemmyfour: 4:04am On Mar 30, 2022
jagorinho:

Low IQ everywhere
Underachievers always settle for peanuts
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by phemmyfour: 4:05am On Mar 30, 2022
damosky12:
Rohr too may not have qualified... This doesn't vindicate him.
Exactly, don't mind the shortsightedness Nigerians.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by schumastic(m): 5:03am On Mar 30, 2022
Temi2468:
Nigeria's problem is beyond a 90mins match we're watching on TV. It's a reflection of a failed state. Even a blind man knew Eguavoen could have changed to a 4-4-2 formation in the 2nd leg which Nigeria was always known for in the days of Okocha and Kanu. Common sense should tell him that the only striker we had had no goal scoring chances because he was out-marked by two players. He would have started him with Ighalo from first half.

Nigeria....hmmm....painful and avoidable things.

Modified:
As for your question, that Eguavoen was woeful did not still justify that Rohr was good. He was getting really poorer after the world cup as he lacked technical skills.

Let's not get too used to mediocrity that we call average good because of some few results. Our problems have always been judging by results only even when quality is dying and the foundational structure is eaten up, until a day the whole building collapses.

Let’s call a spade a spade and not a walking stick. Sacking gernot rohr was a huge mistake we made and I was against it, most especially two weeks Tia major tournament. If you want to sack him fine by me but wait until after the afcon and qualifiers but nooo, many Nigerians wanted him gone and this was all fueled by the sport media journalists who wanted him gone by all means. In quote they said, he won’t achieve anything in afcon and he won’t win us the ticket to World Cup. They were quick to forget that this same man made us qualify for afcon and World Cup tournament without doing that mathematics calculations we were doing back then if you can remember. I agree he wasn’t getting it right at the end of his career but he knew how to get us there when it matters most. Did we eventually do well at the afcon? No, did we qualify for the World Cup? No. I can bet you if Nigerians can see the future they will prefer he finish his job and leave than sacking him to appoint enguavon.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by COOL10(m): 5:30am On Mar 30, 2022
ppogba:
Throwing away a four goal lead against a minnow like Seirra Leone is enough to be a problem for any coach.

Staying as long as he stayed without a silverware is enough to be a problem.

Always saying Nigeria is not amongst the favorite at the commencement of major competitions is enough to be a problem.

If the Super Eagles were to be Chelsea FC, he would not have stayed a quarter of the time.

How many competitions were held under Rohr? That is the question you should be asking yourself.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by Viraltrends123: 5:50am On Mar 30, 2022
Ofolete:

People like you are the reason Nigeria will continue to be useless. You reason with your anus to use Buhari in your comparison. Tell me the leader that has broken the worst record in the world than Buhari.
Tell me the coach the have broken the worst record than egoevon
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by Dvino1: 7:08am On Mar 30, 2022
Nigeria problem is not the coaches, is not the players, but the nff, the football administrators, no plan, no good program, just want everything by luck, football has gone beyond waiting for one in two years to see our national team play, how will they play well, almost all Africa countries are not getting it right, playing football by luck, and we were not lucky. Simple answer develop ur leagues like Europe and leave national team football (political football) alone���
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by gentleguy1975: 7:09am On Mar 30, 2022
In addition,We play an inspiring 2-2draw with Brazilian team on a neutral soil! His only offence was not playing sexy football!
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by ShedrachU(m): 7:10am On Mar 30, 2022
Temi2468:

Even if he comes now, he will fail because they will use corruption to affect his free making decision. During his days, Nigeria wasn't as bad and corrupt as this. This issue is a structural problem.

Not to be invited per say
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by gentleguy1975: 7:11am On Mar 30, 2022
SonofLothbrok:

It's a lie. We would have played Ghana home and away had Rohr been in charge.
you are right,
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by Temi2468: 7:37am On Mar 30, 2022
schumastic:

Let’s call a spade a spade and not a walking stick. Sacking gernot rohr was a huge mistake we made and I was against it, most especially two weeks Tia major tournament. If you want to sack him fine by me but wait until after the afcon and qualifiers but nooo, many Nigerians wanted him gone and this was all fueled by the sport media journalists who wanted him gone by all means. In quote they said, he won’t achieve anything in afcon and he won’t win us the ticket to World Cup. They were quick to forget that this same man made us qualify for afcon and World Cup tournament without doing that mathematics calculations we were doing back then if you can remember. I agree he wasn’t getting it right at the end of his career but he knew how to get us there when it matters most. Did we eventually do well at the afcon? No, did we qualify for the World Cup? No. I can bet you if Nigerians can see the future they will prefer he finish his job and leave than sacking him to appoint enguavon.

After critically thinking it, I submit to your view, though Rohr was going from worse to worse.
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by BigDawsNet: 9:04am On Mar 30, 2022
ppogba:

Keshi got us AFCON with a quarter of the time Rohr had.

A bronze at AFCON is a non achievement by any standard for SE

The comparison is between Rohr and the current manager

I'm not saying we should get back Rohr...
But he was definitely better
Re: What Was The Problem With Rohr by ufotunang: 9:26am On Mar 30, 2022
There was no problem with Rohr ..amaiju pinnick destroyed super eagles....he should not had sacked Rohr... .at least Rohr was qualifing nigeria to tournaments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does Karim Benzema Deserve The Ballon D’or This Year 2022? / AFCON: Super Eagles Players Celebrate Their Win Against Cameroon (Pics/Video) / Who Is The Best Player In La Liga Now That Lionel Messi Is Gone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.