Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

How A Nairalander Was Denied His State Award - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How A Nairalander Was Denied His State Award (424 Views)

Strange Masquerades Spotted In Port Harcourt By A Nairalander: Pictures & Video / A Nairalander Witnesses Iwa Akwa (Wearing Of Cloth) Ceremony In Igboland / how a nairalander was celebrated that got people talking in ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nairalander Was Denied His State Award by Ibadanclayman(m): 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2022
Let me start by introducing myself, I am OYELERE AKINKUNMI OLUWATOBI an ex corps member with the state code number : OG/18B/0065 who served in Ogun State, Abeokuta South Local Government. My Primary place of assignment (PPA) was at the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.

I carried out personal approved community development service - project in three Government owned Schools, in Abeokuta South Local Government ( Abeokuta Grammar School, Baptist Girls college, Lisabi Grammar School) which attracted recommendation for State Honor Award.

However, since July 2019 nothing has been said or heard from the concerned authority - NYSC Secretariat Oke Ilewo Abeokuta Ogun State.

Please, your advise and contribution on how I can claim my merited award will be highly appreciated.

Below is the link to the interview I had with Punch:

https://punchng.com/how-i-was-denied-honours-award-by-ogun-nysc-ex-corps-member/
Re: How A Nairalander Was Denied His State Award by rickpat(m): 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
so you did the project to get an award....what happened to selfless service.

besides recommendation for an award doesn't mean you must be given the award

move on please!!...stop disturbing yourself...you want to dwell in nysc matters for life?... Lol
Re: How A Nairalander Was Denied His State Award by Strongbest(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2022
rickpat:

move on please!!...stop disturbing yourself...you want to dwell in nysc matters for life?... Lol

No bro, I disagree with you on that. If you deserve it then you should be given and not denied.

I actually don't like this hypocritical attitude of Nigerians. I believe the young man is fighting for his right and shouldn't be cowed or shut up by anyone.

The institution should be very transparent, we should hold them responsible.....
Re: How A Nairalander Was Denied His State Award by Strongbest(m): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2022
Ibadanclayman:
Let me start by introducing myself, I am OYELERE AKINKUNMI OLUWATOBI an ex corps member with the state code number : OG/18B/0065 who served in Ogun State, Abeokuta South Local Government. My Primary place of assignment (PPA) was at the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.

I carried out personal approved community development service - project in three Government owned Schools, in Abeokuta South Local Government ( Abeokuta Grammar School, Baptist Girls college, Lisabi Grammar School) which attracted recommendation for State Honor Award.

However, since July 2019 nothing has been said or heard from the concerned authority - NYSC Secretariat Oke Ilewo Abeokuta Ogun State.

Please, your advise and contribution on how I can claim my merited award will be highly appreciated.

Below is the link to the interview I had with Punch:

https://punchng.com/how-i-was-denied-honours-award-by-ogun-nysc-ex-corps-member/

This is actually painful. It's not like you asked them for the award in the first place, but if they have chosen to recommend you for it and have even made such a move involving you in all of the process then they should do the needful.

Raise your voice bro. Don't let anyone tell you to move on, the system should be one we all can trust please.

I just had to go through your interview with the PUNCh.

Please, Lalasticlala and others should please have this thread placed in the appropriate section for wider views and contributions.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Denied His State Award by Ibadanclayman(m): 10:48am On Mar 30, 2022
rickpat:

It is not about been selfish here sir, it is worthy of note that service to all, not to self is very much important to me just as it is the core value of my secondary school "GCI Ibadan". I have a great understanding of selfless service and to be honest, the project wasn't carried out for personal gain but for the benefit of the young adults in the community I found myself while I was serving at Abeokuta south local government.

All I'm after is justice, why has the award not been presented to me? I was actually privileged to see the award certificate being processed, so what's now restricting them from making the official presentation of it to me.

I didn't lobby for it but it was by Merit.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Denied His State Award by Ibadanclayman(m): 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Strongbest:

This is actually painful. It's not like you asked them for the award in the first place, but if they have chosen to recommend you for it and have even made such a move involving you in all of the process then they should do the needful.

Raise your voice bro. Don't let anyone tell you to move on, the system should be one we all can trust please.

I just had to go through your interview with the PUNCh.

Please, Lalasticlala and others should please have this thread placed in the appropriate section for wider views and contributions.

Thank you sir I will not be silent as I will continue to raise my voice and please all Nigerians to join your voice with mine inorder for it to be louder and heard.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Happening To Yoruba Culture? / Oluronbi And Iroko Oluwere. Folklore/folksong. English Version / Video: Scariest Agu Masquerade Of Umunchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.