Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Investmenthub� - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investmenthub� (1731 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
[quote author=Edglad post=112058868][/quote]

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 3:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
[quote author=Edglad post=112058879][/quote]

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 3:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
[quote author=Edglad post=112058889][/quote]

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
Here’s why you’re NOT making money in crypto, and how you can take action to change that today

When I first got started in crypto, I had no process, did no diligence and aped into “calls” based on influencer telegram chats. I lost money buying Safemoon and Pitbull late because my friends were shilling them to me and made a lot of money.

What were my major problems?

1: I had no structured process. I didn’t have a standardized idea funnel, I didn’t know how to spot scams or watch wallets and my entries and exits were all emotionally charged.

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
Edglad:
Here’s why you’re NOT making money in crypto, and how you can take action to change that today

When I first got started in crypto, I had no process, did no diligence and aped into “calls” based on influencer telegram chats. I lost money buying Safemoon and Pitbull late because my friends were shilling them to me and made a lot of money.

What were my major problems?

1: I had no structured process. I didn’t have a standardized idea funnel, I didn’t know how to spot scams or watch wallets and my entries and exits were all emotionally charged.

3: Activity. When you first get started making trades on DEXs, you think you’re a VC and should pull the trigger on as many ideas as possible. The problem is if you’re over active, you are NOT doing proper diligence on each project, you don’t know the catalysts.

You don’t have conviction and you aren’t keyed into the communities or know where to look for alpha. Being over active also means you tend to be buying high and selling low, and moving too fast.

My best results in crypto have either come from (1) moving fast but only on key new launches or (2) buying very, very slowly. Buying slow on a project smooths out your average cost, which in alts that move +/- 20% per day, can be your best friend.
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
Edglad:

3: Activity. When you first get started making trades on DEXs, you think you’re a VC and should pull the trigger on as many ideas as possible. The problem is if you’re over active, you are NOT doing proper diligence on each project, you don’t know the catalysts.

You don’t have conviction and you aren’t keyed into the communities or know where to look for alpha. Being over active also means you tend to be buying high and selling low, and moving too fast.

My best results in crypto have either come from (1) moving fast but only on key new launches or (2) buying very, very slowly. Buying slow on a project smooths out your average cost, which in alts that move +/- 20% per day, can be your best friend.

4: I had no network! Being in good discord communities can help you network with peers, diligence projects together, share whale wallets and share alpha.

Once I turned these key issues into strengths, my crypto results changed drastically (massive outperformance vs ETH). Funny enough, ETH is flat vs when I initially got into crypto, so all pnl I’ve put together has been alpha.
Re: Investmenthub� by ElectronicMoney(m): 11:05pm On May 04, 2022
Edglad:
$100,000 in a bank account earns less than $100 per year,

$100,000 invested in an S&P 500 index fund can earn over $10,000 per year.

You cannot save your way to wealth, you must invest.

The wealthy understand this.

True!

To make money you need to be ready to take calculated risks
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 7:21pm On May 13, 2022
For those of you going through alot of hurt and having no visibility into whats going on. I got this from a friend. Please share with the community. I'm sure alot of people have no clue wtf is going on. Prayers to you all.
Calculations for $UST and $LUNA (#copied)
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2022
Edglad:
For those of you going through alot of hurt and having no visibility into whats going on. I got this from a friend. Please share with the community. I'm sure alot of people have no clue wtf is going on. Prayers to you all.
Calculations for $UST and $LUNA (#copied)

UST has a circulating supply of 12.12B
- It has a market cap of $7.4B
- To restore peg 12.12B - 7.4B = 4.72B of UST needs to be burned
- Terra validators have overwhelmingly agreed that this is what must be done, UST must be burned and peg must be restored
- To burn UST

and restore peg), you need to mint new LUNA
- To burn 1 UST you need to mint $1.00 worth of LUNA
- Let's do some simple math
- To burn this 4.7B of UST we would need to mint $4.7B worth of LUNA
- At the current price of LUNA ($0.03), this means we would have to mint ~156B LUNA
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 7:24pm On May 13, 2022
Edglad:

UST has a circulating supply of 12.12B
- It has a market cap of $7.4B
- To restore peg 12.12B - 7.4B = 4.72B of UST needs to be burned
- Terra validators have overwhelmingly agreed that this is what must be done, UST must be burned and peg must be restored
- To burn UST

and restore peg), you need to mint new LUNA
- To burn 1 UST you need to mint $1.00 worth of LUNA
- Let's do some simple math
- To burn this 4.7B of UST we would need to mint $4.7B worth of LUNA
- At the current price of LUNA ($0.03), this means we would have to mint ~156B LUNA

In this scenario, the circulating supply of LUNA would increase from 3.5B to ~160B (increase 45x)
- The price of LUNA will decrease to ~$0.0006
- Now you could in theory begin to slowly burn down that 160B circulating supply of LUNA (does this sound terrible?)

(IT SHOULD SOUND IMPOSSIBLE AND LIKE A TERRIBLE INVESTMENT)
- The scenario described above is a made up fantasy and is not possible
- What's really going to happen is actually worse
- First problem: You can't burn all 4.7B UST at once because you can't mint 156B LUNA at once

There is a limit on how much LUNA can be minted in one day
- Right now, they are voting to increase the limit
- This leads us to problem #2
- Second problem: As you mint LUNA, the price of LUNA goes down (LUNA is diluted), which means to burn more UST,
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 7:26pm On May 13, 2022
Edglad:

In this scenario, the circulating supply of LUNA would increase from 3.5B to ~160B (increase 45x)
- The price of LUNA will decrease to ~$0.0006
- Now you could in theory begin to slowly burn down that 160B circulating supply of LUNA (does this sound terrible?)

(IT SHOULD SOUND IMPOSSIBLE AND LIKE A TERRIBLE INVESTMENT)
- The scenario described above is a made up fantasy and is not possible
- What's really going to happen is actually worse
- First problem: You can't burn all 4.7B UST at once because you can't mint 156B LUNA at once

There is a limit on how much LUNA can be minted in one day
- Right now, they are voting to increase the limit
- This leads us to problem #2
- Second problem: As you mint LUNA, the price of LUNA goes down (LUNA is diluted), which means to burn more UST,

you need to mint even more LUNA, until you descend into a vicious feedback loop of all out LUNA minting madness
- This is referred to by validators and people who understand the protocol as the "death spiral"

Right now you can burn $1B UST by minting 33B LUNA
- The circulating supply of LUNA goes from 3.5B to 38.5B
- The price of LUNA is now 0.0027 (lower now)
- You then burn your next $1B UST by minting 1,000,000,000/0.0027 = 370B LUNA

You burned your first $1B UST by minting 33B LUNA. The next $1B UST by minting 370B LUNA
- The next $1B UST would take trillions and trillions of LUNA
- $1B chunks just as an example
- Obviously the size of the burns would be much smaller as it depends on UST holders' bags
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 7:27pm On May 13, 2022
Edglad:

you need to mint even more LUNA, until you descend into a vicious feedback loop of all out LUNA minting madness
- This is referred to by validators and people who understand the protocol as the "death spiral"

Right now you can burn $1B UST by minting 33B LUNA
- The circulating supply of LUNA goes from 3.5B to 38.5B
- The price of LUNA is now 0.0027 (lower now)
- You then burn your next $1B UST by minting 1,000,000,000/0.0027 = 370B LUNA

You burned your first $1B UST by minting 33B LUNA. The next $1B UST by minting 370B LUNA
- The next $1B UST would take trillions and trillions of LUNA
- $1B chunks just as an example
- Obviously the size of the burns would be much smaller as it depends on UST holders' bags

The point is, LUNA can't recover unless they just decide to fundamentally change how the protocol works, which would result in Do Kwan and everybody else on the project being instantly indicted for fraud
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 10:05am On May 14, 2022
��Terranomics ��

�Low Tax for moon �
�Big hype comming soon�

✅2% rewards
✅1% Liquidity
✅2% Marketing
�BASED and DOXXED DEV on VC
✅ Contract Verified
� LP 1 week Locked

TG: @terranomics
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 10:07am On May 14, 2022
13th May 2022 Upcoming Launches - Invest Wisely - Fairlaunch/Presales/Whitelist/IDO/LA

⚠️Disclaimer: Any token can be a scam, do your own research of their Contract, Website, social group before investing on the project. Consider our post only as information not as Financial advise.

KYC'D Trusted Project = �
Third Party KYC = �
Scam = ❌
Potential Scam DYOR = �
Muted Chat = �
No Research was done [DYOR] = �

Trusted Projects:

[ none today ]

�Smartchain Projects:
More upcoming projects will be added to the list later today
� Live | IDO | Ookenga
� Live | IAO | @CanaBoyz_EN_Chat
� 12:30 UTC | WL | @FUNSTEPEN
� 13:00 UTC | WL | @X13Finance_Chat
� 14:00 UTC | LA | @Smart_Monkey_Global
� 14:00 UTC | LA | @officialSprintN
� 14:00 UTC | PL | @GankPad
� 14:00 UTC | WL | @PiratesLandAnnouncement
� 16:00 UTC | PL | @GymMov
� 16:00 UTC | LA | @Katakuriinuofc
� 16:00 UTC | WL | @Fuusionfinance
� 17:00 UTC | WL | @Azworld_Global
� 18:00 UTC | LA | @SWIMNGroup

�On-Going Whitelist:

� ends on 05/25 @Mobulafi

�FL: Fair Launch
�PL: Pinksale Fair
�PP: Public Presale
�LA: Launch After Presale
�WL: Whitelist
�IDO: Initial Dex Offering
�PRT: Project
�ETH: Ethereum Network

Make sure to Follow us to see tomorrow’s daily list! We post Everyday at 10AM UTC

[ More upcoming projects will be listed later today ]

1 Like

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 11:06am On May 14, 2022
@Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan

There’s been several community and validator groups discussing launching a fork of the Terra chain to make the ecosystem whole from the UST depegging event. Wanted to offer my perspective on how this should be done.

As of this time, there are still several billion dollars worth of UST, and the value of Luna token has fallen to essentially zero. Even if the peg were to eventually restore after the last marginal buyers and sellers have capitulated, the holders of Luna have so severely been liquidated and diluted that we will lack the ecosystem to build back up from the ashes. While a decentralized economy does need decentralized money, UST has lost too much trust with its users to play the role.

So what remains? While UST has been the central narrative of Terra’s growth story over the last year, the Terra ecosystem and its community is what is worth preserving.

We’ve built up one of the largest and most vibrant developer ecosystems in crypto, with some of the smartest minds in the world working on products with the best UI/UX
Terra Station has a large install base, with million+ users across the world
Although in distress, strong brand recognition and a name that almost everyone in the world will have heard about
The Terra community must reconstitute the chain to preserve the community and the developer ecosystem.

Validators should reset the network ownership to 1B tokens, distributed among:

400M (40%) to Luna holders before the depegging event (last $1 tick before the depeg on Binance should be reasonable), bLuna, LunaX and Luna held in contracts should also be recipients, minus the Terraform Labs account at terra1dp0taj85ruc299rkdvzp4z5pfg6z6swaed74e6. The new chain should be community owned. Preserving decent ownership of the network in its strongest believers and builders is important.
400M (40%) to UST holders pro-rata at the time of the new network upgrade. UST holders need to be made whole as much as possible
100M (10%) to Luna holders at the final moment of the chain halt – last minute marginal luna buyers should be compensated for their role in attempting to provide stability for the network
100M (10%) to the Community Pool to fund future development.
All Luna besides the third tranche should be staked at the network genesis state.
The network should incentivize its security with a reasonable inflation rate, say 7%, as fees will no longer be enough to pay for security without the swap fees.
Call to action

Why does this redistribution make sense? UST holders need to own a large share of the network, as the network’s debt holders they deserve to be compensated for the tokens they have been holding to the end.

Terra needs a community to continue to grow and make its blockspace valuable again – the only way to do this is to make sure that token holders before the attack commenced, the most loyal community members and builders, stick around to keep providing value.

It is a hard balance – and no easy answers in redistributing value within the network. But value must be distributed to allow the ecosystem to survive, and in its current state it will not.

The future of the Terra Network

The rallying cry for the Terra community has always been “a decentralized economy needs decentralized money”. This is an exciting vision, and while UST has not been successful the Terra community will find ways of iterating on the idea at some point in the future.

But the priority now should be to preserve this amazing ecosystem and to make as many users and builders as possible. Terra should first preserve its L1, and the community should gather to discuss decentralized money once the dust has settled.

I hope the community can achieve speedy consensus on how to revive the Terra ecosystem. I’ll always be here.
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 11:09am On May 14, 2022
Edglad:
@Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan

There’s been several community and validator groups discussing launching a fork of the Terra chain to make the ecosystem whole from the UST depegging event. Wanted to offer my perspective on how this should be done.

As of this time, there are still several billion dollars worth of UST, and the value of Luna token has fallen to essentially zero. Even if the peg were to eventually restore after the last marginal buyers and sellers have capitulated, the holders of Luna have so severely been liquidated and diluted that we will lack the ecosystem to build back up from the ashes. While a decentralized economy does need decentralized money, UST has lost too much trust with its users to play the role.

So what remains? While UST has been the central narrative of Terra’s growth story over the last year, the Terra ecosystem and its community is what is worth preserving.

We’ve built up one of the largest and most vibrant developer ecosystems in crypto, with some of the smartest minds in the world working on products with the best UI/UX
Terra Station has a large install base, with million+ users across the world
Although in distress, strong brand recognition and a name that almost everyone in the world will have heard about
The Terra community must reconstitute the chain to preserve the community and the developer ecosystem.

Validators should reset the network ownership to 1B tokens, distributed among:

400M (40%) to Luna holders before the depegging event (last $1 tick before the depeg on Binance should be reasonable), bLuna, LunaX and Luna held in contracts should also be recipients, minus the Terraform Labs account at terra1dp0taj85ruc299rkdvzp4z5pfg6z6swaed74e6. The new chain should be community owned. Preserving decent ownership of the network in its strongest believers and builders is important.
400M (40%) to UST holders pro-rata at the time of the new network upgrade. UST holders need to be made whole as much as possible
100M (10%) to Luna holders at the final moment of the chain halt – last minute marginal luna buyers should be compensated for their role in attempting to provide stability for the network
100M (10%) to the Community Pool to fund future development.
All Luna besides the third tranche should be staked at the network genesis state.
The network should incentivize its security with a reasonable inflation rate, say 7%, as fees will no longer be enough to pay for security without the swap fees.
Call to action

Why does this redistribution make sense? UST holders need to own a large share of the network, as the network’s debt holders they deserve to be compensated for the tokens they have been holding to the end.

Terra needs a community to continue to grow and make its blockspace valuable again – the only way to do this is to make sure that token holders before the attack commenced, the most loyal community members and builders, stick around to keep providing value.

It is a hard balance – and no easy answers in redistributing value within the network. But value must be distributed to allow the ecosystem to survive, and in its current state it will not.

The future of the Terra Network

The rallying cry for the Terra community has always been “a decentralized economy needs decentralized money”. This is an exciting vision, and while UST has not been successful the Terra community will find ways of iterating on the idea at some point in the future.

But the priority now should be to preserve this amazing ecosystem and to make as many users and builders as possible. Terra should first preserve its L1, and the community should gather to discuss decentralized money once the dust has settled.

I hope the community can achieve speedy consensus on how to revive the Terra ecosystem. I’ll always be here.

Kindly read and share your opinions
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 11:21am On May 14, 2022
Edglad:

Kindly read and share your opinions

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2022
4 Important Rules for Crypto:

- Do your own research
- Don't tell anyone about how much crypto you own
- Keep your crypto off exchanges and into wallets you control
- Always take profits and take your initial investment back as soon as you make it
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 6:50pm On May 17, 2022
The term “ponzi” is thrown around a lot in DeFi - particularly for protocols like $strong.

It's a concept we all need to understand, and which has nuances that are typically not explained well.

Here's what you need to know about ponzi schemes & ponzinomics in simple terms:

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 6:52pm On May 17, 2022
Edglad:
The term “ponzi” is thrown around a lot in DeFi - particularly for protocols like $strong.

It's a concept we all need to understand, and which has nuances that are typically not explained well.

Here's what you need to know about ponzi schemes & ponzinomics in simple terms:

1/ The name “Ponzi Scheme” comes from Charles Ponzi, an Italian immigrant to the US.

In 1920, Ponzi launched a money-making scheme involving postal reply coupons (PRCs)

When post was sent overseas, a PRC could be attached to pre-pay for reply mail.

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 6:55pm On May 17, 2022
Edglad:

1/ The name “Ponzi Scheme” comes from Charles Ponzi, an Italian immigrant to the US.

In 1920, Ponzi launched a money-making scheme involving postal reply coupons (PRCs)

When post was sent overseas, a PRC could be attached to pre-pay for reply mail.

2/ Ponzi noticed an arbitrage opportunity.

PRCs had different prices in different countries.

He came up with an idea of buying PRCs in a country with cheaper postal rates, and selling them in a country with more expensive postal rates.

3/ Ponzi started looking for investors.

He promised investors he'd double their money in 90 days.

Demand skyrocketed.

After 90 days, many investors decided to compound their initial investment, hoping to make even more returns

4/ However, the problem was that Ponzi didn't actually exploit the arbitrage opportunity he had told everyone about.

Instead, he was paying out old investors with money from new investors.

If new investors didn't come in, old investors couldn't be paid.

5/ Ponzi was making over $250k a day in 1920, and was living an extravagant lifestyle.

However, questions started to emerge.

Journalists at the Boston Globe and Dow Jones & Co realised that there weren't enough PRCs in the world that could sustain these types of returns.

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 6:59pm On May 17, 2022
Edglad:

2/ Ponzi noticed an arbitrage opportunity.

PRCs had different prices in different countries.

He came up with an idea of buying PRCs in a country with cheaper postal rates, and selling them in a country with more expensive postal rates.

3/ Ponzi started looking for investors.

He promised investors he'd double their money in 90 days.

Demand skyrocketed.

After 90 days, many investors decided to compound their initial investment, hoping to make even more returns

4/ However, the problem was that Ponzi didn't actually exploit the arbitrage opportunity he had told everyone about.

Instead, he was paying out old investors with money from new investors.

If new investors didn't come in, old investors couldn't be paid.

5/ Ponzi was making over $250k a day in 1920, and was living an extravagant lifestyle.

However, questions started to emerge.

Journalists at the Boston Globe and Dow Jones & Co realised that there weren't enough PRCs in the world that could sustain these types of returns.

6/ The scheme collapsed.

The scheme had become so massive that upon its collapse, six banks were brought down.

Investors lost their money, and #Ponzi was sentenced to prison.

7/ Taking a step back, we can understand a @Ponzi scheme as a financial scheme which defrauds investors by:

• promising them a high return,
• lying about what investments will be made with their money,
• paying old investors with $$ from new investors.

8/ Under this, old investors can only be paid if new investors come in.

If you're an early investor, you have a lower risk of not having your capital reimbursed.

And it's because of this dynamic that the first investors into a ponzi scheme are the ones that benefit the most.

9/ These then are the basics of a ponzi scheme.

In the DeFi space, we're seeing many protocols adopting ponzi-style methods of getting new investors.

This has given rise to a term "ponzinomics".

It must be stressed again, ponzinomics ≠ a ponzi scheme.

10/ This is because ponzi schemes involve defrauding investors.

Investors have no idea that part/all of their investments go to paying out older investors.

Most node protocols, on the other hand, are explicit about investments from new investors going towards old investors.

11/ Ponzinomics needs an increasing supply of new investors coming into a protocol in order to sustain emissions paid out to existing investors.

That is unless a protocol can convince investors not to cash out (e.g. to compound nodes).

12/ At some point ponzinomics becomes unsustainable.

This happens when the rate of new investors coming in drops below the rate of emissions that protocols need to pay out to existing investors.

I'll explain with a simple example:
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 7:03pm On May 17, 2022
Edglad:

6/ The scheme collapsed.

The scheme had become so massive that upon its collapse, six banks were brought down.

Investors lost their money, and #Ponzi was sentenced to prison.

7/ Taking a step back, we can understand a @Ponzi scheme as a financial scheme which defrauds investors by:

• promising them a high return,
• lying about what investments will be made with their money,
• paying old investors with $$ from new investors.

8/ Under this, old investors can only be paid if new investors come in.

If you're an early investor, you have a lower risk of not having your capital reimbursed.

And it's because of this dynamic that the first investors into a ponzi scheme are the ones that benefit the most.

9/ These then are the basics of a ponzi scheme.

In the DeFi space, we're seeing many protocols adopting ponzi-style methods of getting new investors.

This has given rise to a term "ponzinomics".

It must be stressed again, ponzinomics ≠ a ponzi scheme.

10/ This is because ponzi schemes involve defrauding investors.

Investors have no idea that part/all of their investments go to paying out older investors.

Most node protocols, on the other hand, are explicit about investments from new investors going towards old investors.

11/ Ponzinomics needs an increasing supply of new investors coming into a protocol in order to sustain emissions paid out to existing investors.

That is unless a protocol can convince investors not to cash out (e.g. to compound nodes).

12/ At some point ponzinomics becomes unsustainable.

This happens when the rate of new investors coming in drops below the rate of emissions that protocols need to pay out to existing investors.

I'll explain with a simple example:

13/ Let's say Serena invests $100 in a node that promises her $2.22 a day.

So in 90 days the protocol will owe her $200 - she makes a 100% profit.

That $200 has to come from 1 new investor (+ Serena's initial $100).

14/ However, let's say that after 90 days, Serena doesn't cash out but compounds her node into two nodes.

After another 90 days, the protocol now owes her $400.

15/ This means the protocol needs 3 new investors to pay out Serena (in addition to Serena's initial $100).

However, the protocol will try and incentivise Serena to keep compounding.

If Serena chooses to compound, the money stays within the protocol.

16/ This can spiral out of control.

Serena could choose not to compound further and just cash out $400 every 90 days from her two nodes.

Just to pay Serena, the protocol would then need 4 new investors every 90 days.

Serena could choose not to compound further and just cash out $400 every 90 days from her two nodes.

18/ As time goes on:

• the amount of emissions protocols need to pay investors grows exponentially, and
• the more investors there are who start taking profits (by selling tokens).

As token supply increases faster than demand, prices start falling.

19/ In order for protocols to shift away from ponzinomics to sustain these emissions, they need to innovate and create products that generate significant amounts of revenue.

The longer it takes for them to innovate, the harder it is to pay out emissions.

20/ This takes place due to two reasons.

The more time that's elapsed:

(1) the more nodes investors have compounded, and
(2) more new investors have joined the protocol and are owed emissions in perpetuity.

(Assuming no supply-side policies are introduced - eg node caps)
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 7:06pm On May 17, 2022
Edglad:

13/ Let's say Serena invests $100 in a node that promises her $2.22 a day.

So in 90 days the protocol will owe her $200 - she makes a 100% profit.

That $200 has to come from 1 new investor (+ Serena's initial $100).

14/ However, let's say that after 90 days, Serena doesn't cash out but compounds her node into two nodes.

After another 90 days, the protocol now owes her $400.

15/ This means the protocol needs 3 new investors to pay out Serena (in addition to Serena's initial $100).

However, the protocol will try and incentivise Serena to keep compounding.

If Serena chooses to compound, the money stays within the protocol.

18/ As time goes on:

• the amount of emissions protocols need to pay investors grows exponentially, and
• the more investors there are who start taking profits (by selling tokens).

As token supply increases faster than demand, prices start falling.

19/ In order for protocols to shift away from ponzinomics to sustain these emissions, they need to innovate and create products that generate significant amounts of revenue.

The longer it takes for them to innovate, the harder it is to pay out emissions.

20/ This takes place due to two reasons.

The more time that's elapsed:

(1) the more nodes investors have compounded, and
(2) more new investors have joined the protocol and are owed emissions in perpetuity.

(Assuming no supply-side policies are introduced - eg node caps)

21/ In order to generate enough revenue to continue paying out emissions without ponzinomics, protocols need to find product-market fit with their new innovations.

I go into this in much more detail here:

22/ One key nuance here:

• Charles Ponzi's scheme was paying out people in USD
• Nodes pay out emissions in their native tokens

If protocols do not obtain enough new investors, they may technically be able to "print" new tokens to pay out emissions.

23/ But printing tokens increases the supply of native tokens, and this contributes to prices falling.

This is exactly what we saw with most of the DAOs that emerged during Q4 2021.

They promised ridiculous APYs and printed tokens to pay these out.

This led to hyper-inflation.

24/ Main takeaways about ponzinomics:

• it isn't sustainable,
• it benefits earlier investors over newer investors,
• the longer it takes protocols to move away from it, the more revenue protocols need to generate, which in turn makes it more difficult to find sustainability.

25/ I hope this provides a bit more clarity around ponzinomics and ponzi schemes.

If you found this useful, I'd appreciate if you gave the first tweet in this thread a retweet.

And if you enjoyed this, make sure to follow for more econ takes on DeFi.
Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 9:30pm On May 17, 2022
Invest or pay off a mortgage? What would you do? Everyone’s situation is different, but here is one scenario with the numbers!

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
As covered in yesterday’s edition, BTC has been acting in a range between $28640 and $30750 for the past two weeks.
Yesterday, BTC went to test the upper range of around $30750.
However, it was rejected at resistance, and now it’s trending down.
The next support will be at the bottom of the range at around the $28640 to the $29000 level.
This should reset the Stochastic RSI on the bottom of the 12HR chart, which could indicate BTC is ready to attempt a move higher, and possibly out of the current range, by early next week.

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 4:39am On Jun 07, 2022
On Friday, we saw BTC retest the lower support zone again. And this weekend was pretty much just sideways action, until this morning’s opening trading session, where we have seen a nice 5% move in BTC to the upside. This took BTC into the $31,400 area.
From what I see, the next major resistance zone is sitting at $32,000, and with the indicators on the mid-term time frames currently in the overbought area, there could be a possibility of a retest to the short-term support area of $30,400 in the near future.

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
BTC has been trading in a pennant formation for the last week, stuck in a range between (support) $28600 and (resistance) $30750 for almost a month.
It has a decision to make.
Right now, there is no clear direction for BTC.
Until it decides what it wants to do, we are not trading this market!

Re: Investmenthub� by Edglad(m): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
For those of you who may be new, this chart is key: essentially, it represents the strength of Ethereum against Bitcoin. Why’s that so important?
If the chart is trending up, then ETH is outperforming BTC. If it’s trending down, it’s weaker.
However, with ETH being the leader of the altcoin market, this chart tells us a huge amount about how alts are likely to perform.
Fact is, it isn’t looking pretty for the altcoin maxis right now!
ETH broke its main supporting trend line, and then began accelerating down. And quickly.
Any push from here would likely be met with underside resistance, and most likely rejected, creating another lower high.
The trend is clearly down, with the next meaningful support a further -25% away, at 0.046.
If this is anything to go by, it tells me that any major rallies in the near future should be treated with caution.
Personally, I will watch for weakness at areas of resistance, and look for short trades on weak altcoins.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Turn Your Browsing Today Into Money Making By Playing Quiz, Reading News Etc / It's All About Bethphen Goody Package / Leading Property, Mortgage Firms, Construction Companies In Nigeria Set For 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.