Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game (38124 Views)

General Co-Ordinator, Bosilong: ‘Kabungo’s Death Not Due To Stadium Violence’ / Nigeria Fails To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar After Ghana Draw / Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Kayykayy(m): 6:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
So sad.

Meanwhile I have a 2007 Toyota Camry for sale 2.4M,slightly negotiable,07036587049
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by backnbeta(f): 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nigerians are hungry, angry and very aggressive at the moment. However, their anger should be chanelled towards Aso Rock, not towards innocent people...but cowardice will not allow them face the people who truly deserve their outburst undecided
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Godmademan(m): 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Sad one for his family. Poor behavior from the fans.

But all these could have been averted. This episode began with the consideration of that failed Portuguese for the coaching job and sacking Rhor at a critical footballing time. They ended up backtracking on the Portuguese coach, perhaps realizing his inadequacy and settled for Eguavoen who was never a successful coach.

A decent result from this playoff against a poor Ghana team would have given us something to cheer about. Hope the NFF learned some lessons.
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by oyeb15: 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Imagine. Who knows how many Nigerians would have been given free visa to Qatar if we had qualify.

Rip to d dead
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Santiago50: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Big Ups naija
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by chatinent: 6:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
I don't believe the stampede killed him. The field is too big and I didn't see any stampede.
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Burgerlomo: 6:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:
CAF please slam these country with heavy sanction

There's no doubt about that it's a done deal
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Swanzi(m): 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
Millimann:
I don't think he was beaten. Maybe he was stepped on during the stampede and then the teargas.

I know it's a Ghanaian that will write that he was beaten.

You talk as if is beyond u people savages..!!
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by koskilala: 6:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
Sad one, RIP to him.
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by nicedayontop: 6:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
It still pains me that buhari was not at the stadium. Why now
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
Collins is telling lies jare. RIP to the dead
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by murmee: 7:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
tsinzu:
Zoo animals will always behave like the zoo animals they are, CAF should ban the zoo for ten years.
Exactly!
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by J4parry(m): 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Confirm before you post. He died of cardiac arrest.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by We4all: 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Sad! I thought a statement was released that he has a cardiac arrest and wasn’t beaten.

Super Eagles is so messed up and couldn’t even qualify for the World Cup. During Westerhof’s reign, at least we used to make it to the second round of the tournament.

Pinnick should go already and pave way for a competent hand. Those Ajebo players like Okoye should be replaced with local squads who are thirsty for success.

I know so many street footballers who can perform better than those Super Chicken. RIP, Super Chicken!
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Deepsky(m): 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
In the stadium [live]Just after the national anthems of the two countries there was a one minute silence to honor the victims of the bomb attack
othermen:
Those that died in Kaduna, deserves more than our thoughts.

In the beginning of the match, no respect was paid to our National loss. We shouldn’t even be playing that match when the whole country is mostly broken.

And yet the people would waste their energy on this lots, when the outrage should have been towards this clueless administration.
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by tyeenigga(m): 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
An official report has been put out and he died of cardiac arrest, let's get our facts rather than misleading the public and putting out wrong notion
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Acidosis(m): 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nigeria deserves to be banned from international football for at least 20 years. A poor and terrorism-prone country like Nigeria shouldn't be playing or watching football matches. If I have my way, I would also get rid of football channels on satellite TVs. No more English premier leagues. We need to restore the brain of the average Nigerian youth to factory default. Buhari is your president and you're shouting "Up Chelsea" "We just bought Ronaldo" ?? Mad.ness. Nigerians are some of the most frustrated people on earth but they've perfected the act of masking that frustration with activities like clubbing, beer parlour, bet shops, owanbe, drugs, viewing centres, motivational seminars, even religion. We need to unmask our people.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by rippa(m): 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by JesusSaves49(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
My suggestion will be that Nigeria should be ban for some years.
Football is for unity not for destruction!!!
I spit!!!
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by JesusSaves49(m): 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
Let them ban Nigeria like for 4 years jare.
This is a country that don't value lives.
Football is for unity not for destruction
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Bbbw: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Veeryeasy(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Who is reporting this kind of speech? do you want to get us banned... Abeg Nigerians did not touch that man oh
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Zoooooo !

Killing innocent people is their blood! I thank God that igbo people didn't enter the stadium; Dss terrorists can go and die in shame!

Dead Buhari aka Jubril had been killing innocent people from day one; and always gets away with it.
For the Zoogeria, it's collapsing is at hand. Hunger will force her zombies to do unthinkable from next week, you will start hearing news!

Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by chaloskyx: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
make sure they sanction Naija but because this is CAF and not FIFA where there is a complete lack of justice and morals this would be swept under the carpet
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Sholuwa241: 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
tsinzu:
Zoo animals will always behave like the zoo animals they are, CAF should ban the zoo for ten years.
no it should ban the zoo for twenty five years that my judgment other in the court
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by ScamDemicEra: 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
..... probably vaccinated.
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by Millimann: 1:16am On Mar 31, 2022
Swanzi:

You talk as if is beyond u people savages..!!

Who be this werey?
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by ogastone(m): 1:19am On Mar 31, 2022
I even said it to nairaland before the match, sick one doesn't win games, Nigeria is sick. Bloodshed everywhere. Why will they think to win
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by mrkings84(m): 2:42am On Mar 31, 2022
Ban this yeye country from all football activities including street football.

Buhari is just a compound failure.
I learned when he was a military head of state things were worse than this.

This isn't coincidence!

Meanwhile, I congratulates Ghana for picking one on the 5 tickets to represent Africa in the FIFA world cup in Qatar.

If we had qualified, our politicians for pack go there with government funds, now let them with their private monies.

My condolences to the bereaved!!
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by 1860si: 4:18am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
It is not for Animals, democrazy has failed.
[/s]
Re: Joseph Kabungo, CAF Official Dies Following Stampede After Ghana Vs Nigeria Game by 1860si: 4:18am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Hold Amaju Pinnick accountable for this disappointing loss.

Nonsense NFF.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Zambia Cancels International Friendly Game With S’africa / Amir Khan Accuses Anthony Joshua Of Having Affair With His Wife, Faryal Makhdoom / Super Eagles Depart Austria For Russia (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.