Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help (1182 Views)

Price Of 3mz Toyota Highlander Engine / Advice Needed For A Sienna: 2gr Engine Or 3mz Engine / Price of direct tokunboh 3mz Engine For replacement in Lexus Rx 330 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by megafox: 9:54am On Mar 30, 2022
Good morning My people, to the Top Engineers in the House I have a question ❓

I want to change my Car Engine, TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 06 HYBRID.
The car uses 3MZ engine.

When I contacted a seller in Lagos on phone, he told me the 3MZ half and Top engine costs more than the other 3MZ used by other Highlanders.

I tried to tell him it's same, he said that Hybrid uses a different 3MZ. He is confusing me here. Abi he is trying to rip me off?

Please I need profs here to help me clear this.

Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by megafox: 9:59am On Mar 30, 2022
Please MOD marpol, help me move this to front page before they Rip me off. I really need assistance urgently
Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by nurey(m): 11:44am On Mar 30, 2022
From what I gathered, they are similar but hybrid has another electric power attached to the 3mz

Also the 3mz in the hybrids have reduced power meaning something is different between it and regular non hybrid vehicles using 3mz

2 Likes

Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by homeboy205: 11:50am On Mar 30, 2022
megafox:
Good morning My people, to the Top Engineers in the House I have a question ❓

I want to change my Car Engine, TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 06 HYBRID.
The car uses 3MZ engine.

When I contacted a seller in Lagos on phone, he told me the 3MZ half and Top engine costs more than the other 3MZ used by other Highlanders.

I tried to tell him it's same, he said that Hybrid uses a different 3MZ. He is confusing me here. Abi he is trying to rip me off?

Please I need profs here to help me clear this.

Just curious, what happened to the original engine ?
Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by magnumwhales(m): 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
Na same thing
The only difference is hanger for alternator and kick starter mounted on normal engine
Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by megafox: 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
homeboy205:

Just curious, what happened to the original engine ?

It's down.. knocked.. instead of repeating repair, I want to change it.
Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by megafox: 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
magnumwhales:
Na same thing
The only difference is hanger for alternator and kick starter mounted on normal engine

Wow.. thanks dear.. this is helpful before they chop me
Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by Onyx2T(m): 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
megafox:

They are not the same,
The hybrid uses an Atkinson cycle platform, block might be the same but the top cylinder is different. Instead of trying to use unconfirmed sense to buy engine, why not by the direct engine hybrid 3mz engine, loosened from the transmission

3 Likes

Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by Kingdemu: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
megafox:

So you only chose to reply to the comment that said exactly what you want to hear abi? Ok na... Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by sultaan(m): 10:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
What makes you think you won't knock the next engine, or how do you know the engine has knocked?

1 Like

Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by megafox: 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
Onyx2T:

They are not the same,
The hybrid uses an Atkinson cycle platform, block might be the same but the top cylinder is different. Instead of trying to use unconfirmed sense to buy engine, why not by the direct engine hybrid 3mz engine, loosened from the transmission

Thanks, I got the one that came from hybrid. It still has the converter.

1 Like

Re: Does Hybrid Cars Use Different 3MZ Engine? Please I Need Help by megafox: 2:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
sultaan:
What makes you think you won't knock the next engine, or how do you know the engine has knocked?

I've been offline. Hahahaha, i didn't allow it knock completely. I don't just want to work it again.

I got a direct engine that came from hybrid

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Am Urgently In Need For A Nissan Xterra Mechanic........ / Does Putting On Car Air Condition Affect Its Fuel Consumption! / Brake Indicator Appearing Intermittently On Dashboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.