Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday (479 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Mikel Obi, Ighalo Return For Nigeria (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by IsraelOA(m): 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
I knew I was in for some real show yesterday, when at the bus stop, a bus that was supposed to pick 50 people to the stadium was packed full of desperate anticipating spectators of about 200. Omo, me that was planning to do gentle man style brought out the 'Benin boy' in me oo, see struggle... Eh, at the same time I was protecting my devices and my pockets to avoid double 'breakfasts'.
Some flew in from the windows, others hung to the doors, it was not funny at all.
Finally, the bus loaded with tonnes of people managed to start moving, after about 45mins, we got to the stadium, see crowd!
Fast forward... I was able to to enter the stadium after like 40minutes of perambulating on the outside. It was even quicker because I had plenty tickets as egbon brought many home the previous day...
Me wey be sharp 'benin boy', knowing the nature of the stadium I went to were it won't be difficult to 'japa' when things happen..

Of course, Nigerians didn't disappoint, things sup�... So as I was saying... I was snapping and catching cruise na, watching different entertainers as they presented till the game started, even my cousin we were supposed to watch the game together had to travel back home due to the stress of entering.
The atmospheric situation from inside the stadium will give you goosebumps, even Wembley Stadium in England, Camp Nou and Santiago Bernabeu Stadia in Spain are learning... A 60,000 capacity stadium had no choice but to carry over 100,000 people, plus overflow on the outside.

Since it was not my first or second time at the National, I wasn't much thrilled, until I Ekong scored, I almost screamed my ass off, then Osimhen scored again and the stadium was thrown into pure joy - joy cut off when the goal was disallowed.
Anxiety started setting in when I saw 83' minutes spent on the scoreboard and realised that the Ghanaians away goal was about to hunt us.
Before the final whistle, Nigerian started throwing water bottles to the Ghanaians stands, and pouring different contents on them from the top stands...
Knowing what could happen at the end of the game, I starting arranging myself for a 'run'... ��
After the final whistle like this, I saw like 10 to 15 people rush to meet players to get their Jerseys or get their autographs, I knew something was building up... I don near exit, no time...
Within a short time, everywhere burst... but me, like an experienced Israelite that travelled on foot in the wilderness, I went through the bushes of the stadium, straight to the outer gate. See pedestrians, eh... that was were our journey started ooh.
Outside the stadium now, cars could barely move, the traffic jam was legendary...
Men and brethren, I trekked, I trokked, and trakked...���‍♂️
The only reason was not tired was the fact that I saw ladies trekking too. Not exaggerating, I trekked over 8 KM... of course, Nigerians were still vandalizing the stadium, security carry president Buhari run�.
My people, I had 3 stop overs while trekking, a well-meaning Nigerian bought water for me sef, ko funny at all.

After several failed attempts to stop a vehicle, one finally stopped and we rushed in... which drove over the last 22KMs... I sha got home some minutes past 11pm...�
Well, whether Nigerian qualify or not isn't even the issue now, but the fact that I survived it...�
As I speak to you right now, I just finished a ration or bread and egg... I can't come and go and kee myself... eh.
Obviously, we are in some sort of sh*t and we need to pray or watch things go from bad to worse.

Thank you all for reading.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by decatalyst(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
You still waited to finish the match sef cheesy

For this naija, nah big risk you take ooo
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by ignis: 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
Go and watch match again...
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by IsraelOA(m): 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
decatalyst:
You still waited to finish the match sef cheesy

For this naija, nah big risk you take ooo

My guy....
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by IsraelOA(m): 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
ignis:
Go and watch match again...

This'd be the last...
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by Padipadi(m): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
I switched off TV on 83rd minute.
Super Eagles should be caged for the next 10 yrs.
I no wan hear football matter for like 10yrs

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by Aflix(m): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
IsraelOA:

My guy....
Was Buhari at the stadium?
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by IsraelOA(m): 8:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
Aflix:
Was Buhari at the stadium?

No
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by HealerH: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Damn Niggar.
Issoright
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by paulolee(m): 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
u even try watch finish...next time, u leave d pitch 10-15 mins after d game..e for save u plenty stress
or were u expecting comebk miracle from those unserious players?
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by paulolee(m): 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
Padipadi:
I switched off TV on 83rd minute.
Super Eagles should be caged for the next 10 yrs.
I no wan hear football matter for like 10yrs
I switched to Senegal vs Egypt at 75 mins after I got frustrated watching our players acting asif dey dnt know about away goal rule In d game..
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: My Stadium's Experience Yesterday by Padipadi(m): 11:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
paulolee:

I switched to Senegal vs Egypt at 75 mins after I got frustrated watching our players acting asif dey dnt know about away goal rule In d game..
I knew Eguavoen can't qualify us.
The formation he used in the second leg was meant to be used in the first leg.
We needed like two strikers up front

(1) (Reply)

See Week 48 Pool Fixture For Sat 4, June 2022- AUSSIE 2022 / If You Could Only Pick One In Their Prime Then Who Would It Be? / Martinez Wins United's Player Of The Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.