Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue (265 Views)

FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses / Herdsmen Kill Scores Of People In Benue / Ogun Gov, Tinubu Express Grief As Ex-deputy Gov, Ogunleye Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue by Enny8: 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
By Esther Daniels

Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has expressed grief over the sustained invasion and killing of Benue people by Fulani herdsmen.

The governor who was reacting to the recent murderous activities of Fulani herdsmen in Benue with scores hacked to death in unprovoked attacks called on Benue communities to rise up and defend themselves.

There were coordinated attacks on Guma, Kwande and Gwer West local government areas of the state on Tuesday, March 29th, 2022.

A report from the team leader of security agencies in Kasekyo near Tse Torkula village in Guma local government said that suspected Fulani herders at about 0930 hours on Tuesday, March 29th, 2022 shot one Turner Ajar and an unidentified elderly man who were on a motorcycle going to the farm.

The team of Agro Rangers who were on patrol in the area ran into the attack,  unfortunately, the victims had already been killed. Their corpses were taken and deposited at a hospital in Gbajimba, Guma local government area of the state.

In Kpankeeke, a suburb on the outskirts of Naka, headquarters of Gwer West local government, gory images of persons killed by another set of herdsmen littered the streets.

The Agro Rangers team were alerted and they moved to the location alongside the Army and Police.

The patrol team found the body of one   Ahemba Apeelu, an aged man at a sawmill from Saav/Ukusu council Ward who was slaughtered and his throat slit.

Others identified to have been killed by the invaders include Tersoo Yasough and that of a young lady known as Martha Ukange.

Eye witnesses alleged that the herders were dressed in military camouflage as a decoy.

Another body of a young man yet to be identified was later sighted along the road.  Another body yet to be identified was recovered too. 

The search for more persons who are said to be missing is ongoing in affected communities.

Re: Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue by Baawaa(m): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Aboki want to finish themselves
Re: Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue by KingOfTheDamned: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
Benue people are lazy a f....

They are always in the news for being slaughtered like chickens... Generally I have noticed that Christian Northerners /Hausa men are very indolent lazy , and cowardly..

From southern Kaduna to Jos and Benue these bunch of lazy arse cowards are.always.cryimg and getting slaughtered like mice .

All they know is to get high, have sex with men and women then sleep like logs of wood.

This is why they are the easiest targets for Fulani marauders.
Even the few Christian Northerners I have met in Edo state are the same.. all their men know is sex and alcohol. Lazy loud mouthed dudes
Re: Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue by Zonefree(m): 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
Benue people are lazy a f....

They are always in the news for being slaughtered like chickens... Generally I have noticed that Christian Northerners /Hausa men are very indolent lazy , and cowardly..

From southern Kaduna to Jos and Benue these bunch of lazy arse cowards are.always.cryimg and getting slaughtered like mice .

All they know is to get high, have sex with men and women then sleep like logs of wood.

This is why they are the easiest targets for Fulani marauders.
I agree with you.

ABA women riot
Bakassi group
ESN

Igbos rise to defend themselves without waiting for help from anyone.

Bakassi group was formed by Igbo shoemakers to stop the mafias from terrorising their customers, mostly Northerners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue by dasparrow: 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
As long as Nigeria remains the way it is, these killings will continue. Break up Nigeria to save lives. Yesterday's survivors are today's victims.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue by Parachoko: 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
The Benue State Government and House of Assembly needs to work together, towards creating a state vigilante like Amotekun
Re: Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue by Beremx(f): 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
A report from the team leader of security agencies in Kasekyo near Tse Torkula village in Guma local government said that
I did my NYSC in Torkula village in2005/2006. During my stay there that village didn’t have electric poles not to talk of electricity supply. The village looks more like a hinterland. No network coverage at all. The last time I heard about the village, Fulani terrorists have almost occupied the area.

It is well with Benue people
Re: Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue by tit(f): 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
For peace to rain,
Re: Gov Ortom Grief As Fulani Herdsmen Kill Scores In Benue by Anieke77(m): 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ortom stupid man

(1) (Reply)

Dozens Killed As Boko Haram Clashes With ISWAP Fighters / So People Will Still Vote For Apc In 2023? / Brain Drain In Nigeria: Nigeria Is Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.