Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Twitter Office In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Office In Nigeria? (803 Views)

Months Gone,where Is The Twitter Office In,nigeria? / Twitter Ban: Is Twitter Office In Ghana Starving? / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Celebrating At INEC Office In Osogbo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Office In Nigeria? by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tomorrow is the last day of the 1st quarter 2022. We were told by our Minister of Information that Twitter had agreed to open an office in Nigeria by end of 1st quarter 2022 as part of the conditions for lifting the twitter ban, as well as paying taxes.
I remember a fellow who supports this government telling me then he'll remind me when twitter opens an office in Nigeria before end of March.
So I ask if anyone know the office address of Twitter in Nigeria. I will be glad so I can share with job-seeking youths I know.
Thank you

cc: Seunmsg
FreestuffsNG
garfield1
fergie001
Other Buhari supporters

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by Zonefree(m): 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
Anyone thinking Twitter will open office in Nigeria should have his or her brain examined.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
Yeah there is one in Nigeria.. grin wink
Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by obiekunie01: 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
grin grin
Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by Racoon(m): 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lai Mohammed was just dishing out his usual lies back then on the alleged opening of office in Nigeria by twitter.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by fergie001: 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
The month ends tomorrow, let's just tarry.

I don't think our Minister of Information will go on air to lie.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by dfrost: 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
fergie001:

cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
fergie001:

grin grin grin grin

You mean twitter will come to Nigeria to tomorrow, get registered as a business entity and get an office space, all tomorrow?
Wetin dem dey wait for before tomorrow?
The point I'm just making is the open and clear deceit by the government of its citizens. We all know there was no serious negotiations in our national interest with twitter.
It was all about making the bad decision look like it had some bigger intention than personal vendetta
The government has no respect for its citizenry nor the country itself for that matter

1 Like

Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by inoki247: 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
Yes dey av open one Virtually...
Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by OneTwoOne(m): 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
angry
Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by Parachoko: 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

grin grin grin grin

You mean twitter will come to Nigeria to tomorrow, get registered as a business entity and get an office space, all tomorrow?
The point I'm just making is the open and clear deceit by the government of its citizens. We all know there was no serious negotiations in our national interest with twitter.
It was all about making the bad decision look like it had some bigger intention than personal vendetta
The government has no respect for its citizenry nor the country itself for that matter
They might still be working on it.

Even if they do not open it in the first quarter, they can still open it in the second or third

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by Advocate500: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
How can a government be lying to its citizens?
Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
Parachoko:

Even if they do not open it in the first quarter, they can still open it in the second or third

If the lifting of the ban was conditional, failure to meet the ban should be met with a cogent reason from Twitter with assurance of intent to meet the conditions as time goes by, or the ban is reinstated.

I can just imagine how folks at Twitter are laughing at Nigeria now. Do you know how many countries have actually negotiated with Twitter and gotten something tangible without having to resort to a ban? Yet our government banned them. Their supporters claimed it's so we can get jobs and the govt can get revenue. Nothing is showing up!!
Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by jlinkd78(m): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lai will tell us Twitter has since opened office virtually in Nigeria cos the physical presence not possible now cos of Covid
Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by fergie001: 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

grin grin grin grin

Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by colorsofrainbow: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
Parachoko:

Una APC terrorists don dey shift goalpost already grin
Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by Alexpre11: 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
Scam Government. We never learn. They Just open Twitter because of election.
Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by Parachoko: 6:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
colorsofrainbow:

Una APC terrorists don dey shift goalpost already grin
I doubt you are okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Office In Nigeria? by ambale(m): 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Is there no punishment for government officials who swore by oath and lie on the discharge of their duties

Cos we've seen officials lie without remorse and any fear whatsoever.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Women Are Hardworking,I Take Pride In Being Nwayi Anambra-Soludo Wife / Military Refuses To Bomb Bandits’ Hideout – El-rufai / How Simon Ekpa Took Charge Of IPOB And States More Affected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.