Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA (16006 Views)

Wike Approves ₦1 Billion To Support Rivers Flood Victims / David Hundeyin: FG Approves ₦1.4 Billion To Buy 10 Vehicles For Niger / Police Funding: Senate Approves ₦1.3 Billion For Teargas, ₦10 Billion For Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by PharNEWS(m): 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
They all deserve to be tested by that lie machine,simply!
They are more guilty than any other culprit in this country.
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Lionnation: 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Money they will loot.

In case you don't know,
It will take a new born child 83years and few months to spend 1 billion naira if he spends 1 million naira per month.
are you kidding me
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by nemynely(m): 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Keep robbing us blind.
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by sapientia(m): 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
That won't fly in court

This is alien to our laws
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by lopeshola(m): 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
I think they need to test-run it on Mai Muhammad
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Igbunu4: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
Misplaced priority.
How can a country like Nigeria with high unemployment rate, poverty, fuel scarcity, inflation, hunger, broken national grid, bad roads and broken bridges approve a billion Naira for lie detector, mhen Buhari is wicked and heartless
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Freerhyme1(m): 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Alooter Continua grin
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by ironben(m): 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kai! The outrageous amount of money for just night vision binoculars and lie detector....check out the price of these stuffs online!!!
Even if they are buying 2 state of the art lie detectors for each state of the federation plus the FCT, that's is 74 units plus the night vision binoculars even at the retail selling price on konga plus cost of shipping!! Kilode

Make una do the maths nah! Haba!!!

Dem for kuku build the damn binoculars factories here in Nigeria with that amount!!

Awon ole gbogbo!! Bunch of crooks taking us for a ride angry

Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by hybridblood07(m): 8:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
And it is not 100% accurate
HilcomTech:
Lie detector that is not even accepted in court
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Yankee101: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Can I supply for half the price?
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Okoroawusa: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
I Love PMB
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by blazebaba(m): 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
grin grin

Ehn eh...

Una don come again abii..

Lai detector.. undecided. Awon olofooo..
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Tlyon(m): 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nah Aso Rock need the lie detector pass.
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Tundex911: 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lie detector??

At last we don get solution to Mr Lie Mohammed palava

And make dem no forget install like 5 for Aso Rock, House of Assembly and Representative too
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Burtiano32: 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
The machine will be useful for one minister sha, I no go mention name ooo���
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Bamzyriches451: 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
Damn!
And university students are still at home! This country is a joke
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by jumper524(m): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
koladata:
you don't know maths, your country failed you , one thousand million makes one billion, and there are 365 days in a year, it will only take a child about 3years to spend 1 billion if he or she spents 1million per day

bros thanks for the maths, when I searched the comment, only you out of 4 that quoted the poster did corrected the maths.
The rest didn't bother to identify wrong maths.
See the likes the comment got.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by AlphaTaikun: 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailytrust.com/fec-approves-n1-07bn-lie-detector-night-vision-goggle-devices-for-ndlea
Awesome... This would reduce the physical torture of suspects by interogators. The Lie Detectors.
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Drone95(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nonsense, digital surveillance and cctv no dey the rail ways, na lie detector them wan buy.
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by techWriter3: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lai Lai sensors
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Cognitivereason: 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nauttyprof:
These people are just wicked and clones of devil. They are not thinking of measures to bring down the high cost of food. They are not thinking of how jobs will be made available, not to mention upgrading the health sector and the educational facilities in our universities. All they think of is crime. Spending this amount alone in the agricultural sector or focusing on just a university at a time, will go a long way in helping directly the masses.

This is purely another way of looting. Crime will never stop if the government fails to address the major needs of the masses.

This government is terribly sick. God alone knows the cure.

What long way will N1bn do in agric ..or can it settle ASUU

U don't have sense ....
So government should show less focus in crime and security..
When we did DAT by not approving 3bn for railway security... What did u get
Don't worry it will soon touch u..nonsense talk

Better hussle ...with the shitty war in Europe, covid and global energy crises don't expect anything to come down in the entire world..

Besides where u blind DAT u didn't see news about CBN rolling out 42bn to grow weath..so that bread prices don't skyrocket cuz the war
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Cognitivereason: 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Good but the military needs this more
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Nauttyprof(m): 11:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cognitivereason:

What long way will N1bn do in agric ..or can it settle ASUU

U don't have sense ....
So government should show less focus in crime and security..
When we did DAT by not approving 3bn for railway security... What did u get
Don't worry it will soon touch u..nonsense talk

Better hussle ...with the shitty war in Europe, covid and global energy crises don't expect anything to come down in the entire world..

Besides where u blind DAT u didn't see news about CBN rolling out 42bn to grow weath..so that bread prices don't skyrocket cuz the war

You must be sick to have foolishly responded to my comment without you reasoning like an educated fellow. I doubt if you make good use of your education with this response from you. Drop your emotions and start reasoning like an educated fellow. I guess it is your gullible type that fall for Billions of Naira spent in constructing a 2km road.

Back to the issue, if you were not clear on my points, ask questions than foolishly typing nonsense all in the name of supporting looting. Where in my comment did I mention ASUU? Where in my comment did I mention the 3 Billion to be spent on railway security? If the government is serious about the masses, they will make policies that will have direct positive effect on the masses. Infact, isn't it foolish of the government to be planning on securing the railway now? It shows how clueless and without vision or foresight they can be. You know the security situation in your country and yet, couldn't secure your railway till there was bloodshed. Just as you raised a curse that is not meant for me because I didn't mention this, may the cluelessness of this government hit you on the worst side.

I repeat again spending this same N1 Billion in the agricultural sector or in upgrading universities one at time will help a lot. You are just sick for mentioning wheat. Is wheat the only thing needed? Okay, you get biscuits, semo, bread. Are these all you eat? What about the rice, pepper, cassava, yam, etc? Cassava that used to be so cheap is something else now. Tell me, if all these foods I mentioned were as a result of recent happenings or Nigerian government being foolish and wicked like yourself.
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
money wey una go use dey settle ASUU (una corrupt arm) make pipo go back school, una dey use buy night vision googles. Awon Ironman!
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by osazsky(m): 11:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thank God once lia Mohammed bends his mouth we quickly put the detector on
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Cognitivereason: 12:19am On Mar 31, 2022
Nauttyprof:

You must be sick to have foolishly responded to my comment without you reasoning like an educated fellow. I doubt if you make good use of your education with this response from you. Drop your emotions and start reasoning like an educated fellow. I guess it is your gullible type that fall for Billions of Naira spent in constructing a 2km road.

Back to the issue, if you were not clear on my points, ask questions than foolishly typing nonsense all in the name of supporting looting. Where in my comment did I mention ASUU? Where in my comment did I mention the 3 Billion to be spent on railway security? If the government is serious about the masses, they will make policies that will have direct positive effect on the masses. Infact, isn't it foolish of the government to be planning on securing the railway now? It shows how clueless and without vision or foresight they can be. You know the security situation in your country and yet, couldn't secure your railway till there was bloodshed. Just as you raised a curse that is not meant for me because I didn't mention this, may the cluelessness of this government hit you on the worst side.

I repeat again spending this same N1 Billion in the agricultural sector or in upgrading universities one at time will help a lot. You are just sick for mentioning wheat. Is wheat the only thing needed? Okay, you get biscuits, semo, bread. Are these all you eat? What about the rice, pepper, cassava, yam, etc? Cassava that used to be so cheap is something else now. Tell me, if all these foods I mentioned were as a result of recent happenings or Nigerian government being foolish and wicked like yourself.

U really don't have sense ..do u..go and read what u posted earlier...and don't contradict ur self..

Invest 1bn in university when ASUU is one strike?...
How is DAT going any long way...

How can u open ur dirty mouth to say...1bn in agriculture is a long way...
Ur truly ignorant...

Make ur research on how much CBN spent on anchor borrowers program to boast rice and maize production... Yet we still can't meet out demands..
CBN rolled out 42bn for wheat..DAT won't even meet the demand of Ghana after harvest...
And u think N1bn will make a bigger difference there than in security...

U must be very stupid to question my education and not know the value of wheat..I only pointed out bread as an example..
Do u know wheat alone is the 3rd largest import to Nigeria with $2bn+ spent yearly...is it N1bn DAT will make any difference..
Open ur head let it sink into ur head..
N1bn today isnt the same 6 months ago..the naira is losing value..
Why not do ur research on what wheat is used for then u will know y it is important..and u want N1bn to make a difference... Do u know how much CBN spent to encourage farmers to produce local rice....yet it still can't fully meet demands..only jigawa state farmers got N4bn
I have not added other states..

Ur also daft to not realise how fuel scarcity and it inflation..naira devaluation has increased food prices...

U think it until we begin importing..

Let the $1bn be spent in a relevant place where there will be differences
. In this case NDLEA..before another incident relating to crime will occur and NDLEA will now blame FEC for not approving the little N1bn

I quoted ur stupid mention..simply because it sounded so foolish...
am sure u will say the same thing if it were to be in the case of the railways...where FEC approved money for security gadget..
Fools like u will say...no let them use it create jobs and invest in agriculture...
When terrorist now take advantage of the absence of the right equipment and kill people...
Foolish and stupid people like u will still come and wail...misplaced priority..

As for the bolded
Of course I will fall for it..
If the engineering designs are provided , the nature of the construction done and the nature of the environment....

Do u know the 1.6 km 2nd Niger bridge cost N206bn ...daft and ignorant people like u will think Julius berger is looting money without actually paying attention to the specification of the bridge and what exactly they are building on..and the environmental factors..

Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Nauttyprof(m): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2022
Cognitivereason:

U really don't have sense ..do u..go and read what u posted earlier...and don't contradict ur self..

Invest 1bn in university when ASUU is one strike?...
How is DAT going any long way...

How can u open ur dirty mouth to say...1bn in agriculture is a long way...
Ur truly ignorant...

Make ur research on how much CBN spent on anchor borrowers program to boast rice and maize production... Yet we still can't meet out demands..
CBN rolled out 42bn for wheat..DAT won't even meet the demand of Ghana after harvest...
And u think N1bn will make a bigger difference there than in security...

U must be very stupid to question my education and not know the value of wheat..I only pointed out bread as an example..
Do u know wheat alone is the 3rd largest import to Nigeria with $2bn+ spent yearly...is it N1bn DAT will make any difference..
Open ur head let it sink into ur head..
N1bn today isnt the same 6 months ago..the naira is losing value..
Why not do ur research on what wheat is used for then u will know y it is important..and u want N1bn to make a difference... Do u know how much CBN spent to encourage farmers to produce local rice....yet it still can't fully meet demands..only jigawa state farmers got N4bn
I have not added other states..

Ur also daft to not realise how fuel scarcity and it inflation..naira devaluation has increased food prices...

U think it until we begin importing..

Let the $1bn be spent in a relevant place where there will be differences
. In this case NDLEA..before another incident relating to crime will occur and NDLEA will now blame FEC for not approving the little N1bn

I quoted ur stupid mention..simply because it sounded so foolish...
am sure u will say the same thing if it were to be in the case of the railways...where FEC approved money for security gadget..
Fools like u will say...no let them use it create jobs and invest in agriculture...
When terrorist now take advantage of the absence of the right equipment and kill people...
Foolish and stupid people like u will still come and wail...misplaced priority..

As for the bolded
Of course I will fall for it..
If the engineering designs are provided , the nature of the construction done and the nature of the environment....

Do u know the 1.6 km 2nd Niger bridge cost N206bn ...daft and ignorant people like u will think Julius berger is looting money without actually paying attention to the specification of the bridge and what exactly they are building on..and the environmental factors..

It is clear that you are senseless and very foolish. I still repeat it gullible individuals like yourself are the ones who fall for just anything. So, when I mentioned road your senselessness took you to bridges. Foolish individuals like yourself will always bring nonsense to a discussion just to justify your stupidity.

You are the one who is foolish. Government taking bold steps in the universities has nothing to do with ASUU. Rather, they are to work with the VC or every Federal Universities on the issues facing them. Did you know how Obasanjo was successful in upgrading the facilities in the teaching hospitals while he was president? He took them bit by bit. A teaching hospital at a time. But foolish individuals like yourself feels no meaningful thing can be done bit by bit. Rather, it is to squander such on lie detecting machine which we all know that a larger part will be looted.

It really shows that your stupidity has no remedy as I have told you what can be derived from wheat. I also mentioned other food that are expensive but your foolishness has blindfolded you that the high cost of food came before the fuel price increase. Guy, you just want to sound intelligent but you are foolish.

Still bringing in the railway security issue into this discussion is the height of your foolishness.

Also, do you know that results from lie detectors are not admissible in court? I am sure your foolishness can't make you reason well. Why waste money on the nonsense when there are more important matters to address? Check the below fact:

Because the results of a polygraph test can mean many things and are so unreliable in detecting actual lies, they do not rise to the level of reliability required for scientific evidence in a courtroom and polygraph test results are usually inadmissible as evidence.
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Cognitivereason: 8:44am On Mar 31, 2022
Nauttyprof:

It is clear that you are senseless and very foolish. I still repeat it gullible individuals like yourself are the ones who fall for just anything. So, when I mentioned road your senselessness took you to bridges. Foolish individuals like yourself will always bring nonsense to a discussion just to justify your stupidity.

You are the one who is foolish. Government taking bold steps in the universities has nothing to do with ASUU. Rather, they are to work with the VC or every Federal Universities on the issues facing them. Did you know how Obasanjo was successful in upgrading the facilities in the teaching hospitals while he was president? He took them bit by bit. A teaching hospital at a time. But foolish individuals like yourself feels no meaningful thing can be done bit by bit. Rather, it is to squander such on lie detecting machine which we all know that a larger part will be looted.

It really shows that your stupidity has no remedy as I have told you what can be derived from wheat. I also mentioned other food that are expensive but your foolishness has blindfolded you that the high cost of food came before the fuel price increase. Guy, you just want to sound intelligent but you are foolish.

Still bringing in the railway security issue into this discussion is the height of your foolishness.

Also, do you know that results from lie detectors are not admissible in court? I am sure your foolishness can't make you reason well. Why waste money on the nonsense when there are more important matters to address? Check the below fact:

Because the results of a polygraph test can mean many things and are so unreliable in detecting actual lies, they do not rise to the level of reliability required for scientific evidence in a courtroom and polygraph test results are usually inadmissible as evidence.

U cannot invest in universities while avoiding ASUU...u think ASUU is fighting for it salary alone...go and look for their 2009 agreement..most of the funds they are demanding for is for complete overhaul of institutions.. And it over N1trillion..
Baba N1bn in there makes no difference

Yes ..I mentioned this bridge as it is example of infrastructure just like roads...
If u want me to respond to that of road ..no problem...
The connecting roads to the Niger bridge is just 10.3km which cost N208bn...meaning about N10bn per kilometers.. Why not challenge Julius berger if u are a better engineer than they are as to y just 2km is costing them N20bn..
Now to justify y it cost so much...Julius beger is introducing a new tech and building method in Nigeria called geo textile colomn..they are also carry out land reclamation on the environment cuz it swampy...
Fools like u won't consider this before blabing ..everything isnt about looting...

The fact that I love to focus details of a project rather than judge for the final cost doesn't make me gullible...
It folks like u that think u r wise by awarding N50million to build a 2km road and will think is worth it cuz ...it just 2km.. Ode.
If u know nothing about engineering.. Keep shut and face front..

NDLEA is the most performing agency now...if bawa claims these equipments will make larger impacts...so be it...u probably don't know the disadvantages of drug in the society..

Lastly.. The lie detector might not be used to proof an individual guilty of any crime...It should probably aid their investigation... Other evidence can be provided to the court to proof a suspect guilty
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Nauttyprof(m): 9:25am On Mar 31, 2022
Cognitivereason:

U cannot invest in universities while avoiding ASUU...u think ASUU is fighting for it salary alone...go and look for their 2009 agreement..most of the funds they are demanding for is for complete overhaul of institutions.. And it over N1trillion..
Baba N1bn in there makes no difference

Yes ..I mentioned this bridge as it is example of infrastructure just like roads...
If u want me to respond to that of road ..no problem...
The connecting roads to the Niger bridge is just 10.3km which cost N208bn...meaning about N10bn per kilometers.. Why not challenge Julius berger if u are a better engineer than they are as to y just 2km is costing them N20bn..
Now to justify y it cost so much...Julius beger is introducing a new tech and building method in Nigeria called geo textile colomn..they are also carry out land reclamation on the environment cuz it swampy...
Fools like u won't consider this before blabing ..everything isnt about looting...

The fact that I love to focus details of a project rather than judge for the final cost doesn't make me gullible...
It folks like u that think u r wise by awarding N50million to build a 2km road and will think is worth it cuz ...it just 2km.. Ode.
If u know nothing about engineering.. Keep shut and face front..

NDLEA is the most performing agency now...if bawa claims these equipments will make larger impacts...so be it...u probably don't know the disadvantages of drug in the society..

Lastly.. The lie detector might not be used to proof an individual guilty of any crime...It should probably aid their investigation... Other evidence can be provided to the court to proof a suspect guilty

Guy, I have given up on your foolishness. you just type to defend your foolishness. We will only go back and forth on this matter. Just note that no one mentioned swampy area on road construction. I know details about land reclamation and its cost implication. Again, you said lie detection machine will aid investigation whereas it is unreliable in detecting actual lies. I just give up on your foolishness as you are bent on justifying this.
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by NiggasInParis: 9:29am On Mar 31, 2022
Just imagine. Useless country
Re: FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA by Cognitivereason: 9:33am On Mar 31, 2022
Nauttyprof:

Guy, I have given up on your foolishness. you just type to defend your foolishness. We will only go back and forth on this matter. Just note that no one mentioned swampy area on road construction. I know details about land reclamation and its cost implication. Again, you said lie detection machine will aid investigation whereas it is unreliable in detecting actual lies. I just give up on your foolishness as you are bent on justifying this.

I mentioned swampy area because before u judge any road construction u consider what they are doing...not the actual length of the road as u foolishly claimed

What makes u think lie detectors are unreliable... When u spend ur life watching African magic.

Switch to discovery ID and see how the machine works..

Unreliable means it accuracy rate is below 50%..which is not true....
It can't detect probably 70% which is more than enough..
Besides the machines don't detect lies per say...
There are some of attributes humans exhibit when telling a lie...these parameters are what the machine measures..

These machines are conversant with most security agencies in western world even their common police...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Govt’s Response Will Determine Duration Of Protest — NLC / Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors / Oshiomhole Signs Amodu Shuaibu Condolence Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.