Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,193 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations (2308 Views)

APC Has Been Reduced To A Laughing Stock – Emeka Beke / Dele Momodu: Buhari’s Government Style Is Horrible, Taken Nigeria To Stone Age / Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by guobe: 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
I was in South Africa about two years ago where I went for a study tour and what I saw was mind blowing.The Road network was superb,the traffic light was mind blowing as I have never seen that type of traffic system ever in Nigeria.Every where clean in South Africa and Johanessburg and Pretoria precisely.I did not see police one day as I only sighted their vehicles stationed in a few junctions.I went to their security control room that monitors all the vehicular movement in South Africa as cctv cameras are installed everywhere to monitor both vehicular and human activities.If there is robbery incident the control room quickly notifies the police and within few seconds they are with you so also is when accident occurs.I saw alot of big time manufacturing industries as I didn't see a single church or mosque during my stay.The cars driven by even receptionist in the hotel I stayed were very new.Indeed Nigeria no be southAfrica mate as they have left us behind as we are still in the stone age.While South African politicians are thinking of how to develop their country,our own is how to outsmart themselves during elections with embezzled funds.The repercussions are now showing as even big men in kaduna Nigeria can't even use flight and train as they are no longer safe.only God will help us in this country as the decadence is just too much and we are now a laughing stock in the league of nations.credit uyimarshal@yahoo.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Gentlerespect76: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
Stating the obvious.

This place nah kingdom for political witches and wizards. If you know you know. (Grind my teeth and throway my face).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
Nigeria is finished..just enjoy your time.. grin
Probably if you have a chance to move out..pls do without hesitation.. kiss

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by guobe: 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
Stating the obvious.

This place nah kingdom for political witches and wizards. If you know you know. (Grind my teeth and throway my face).
something have to be done fast as all sectors are currently collapsing

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by guobe: 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
I failed to mention that there was constant light all through my stay.The hotel authorities did not one day say they want to buy diesel.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by siofra(f): 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
No one even cares about Nigeria sef.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Sergio101(m): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
One nijeria forever.
Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by guobe: 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
siofra:
No one even cares about Nigeria sef.
yes certainly because of its abysmal attitude.
Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by guobe: 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
Sergio101:
One nijeria forever.
hmm
Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
guobe:
I failed to mention that there was constant light all through my stay.The hotel authorities did not one day say they want to buy diesel.

Did it occur to your thick skull full of self hate and inferiority complex that the reason South Africa is the most advanced nation in Africa is historical in nature?

Do you even know when SA began to develop vis a vis Nigeria?

Let me educate you and your fellow ignoramuses drowning in low self esteem.

South Africa began to be developed from at least the early 1800s

Nigeria began to be developed from 1960 after independence.

The colonialists had seen SA as 'their' country, with millions of European settlers having made their way there due to the temperate climate etc. So the colonial regime did not simply loot the resources and deposit the national earnings in Europe, as happened in Nigeria and other parts of Africa under the British, French etc.

They used a substantial part of the national income to build engineering institutes, universities, power plants, infrastructure etc, right from the 1800s. So SA's first university was the University of Cape Town, established in 1829. Nigeria's first was University of Ibadan, established in 1962!

A 145 year gap!

Same applies to everything else, from roads to schools to hospitals and power plants.

Their first power plant? Read: ''The first central power station was established in 1891. The discovery of gold on the Witwatersrand in 1886 led to Johannesburg installing its first electric lighting plant in 1889.''

https://www.eskom.co.za/heritage/

When was NIGERIA's first power plant established?

1964. Kainji dam. Commissioned by the Balewa administration.

I mean, Nigeria is a newcomer to modern development. The rest of black Africa is playing catch up in EVERYTHING, including infrastructure and modern governance standards, because the continent was seized and comprehensively LOOTED by colonialists for 200 years prior to its independence. The ONLY country that was not looted by colonialists was South Africa, for reasons earlier given.

So to visit SA today and start comparing them to Nigeria is the very height of ignorance.

Lesson: Be THANKFUL that colonialism was ended in Africa and Nigeria. If the whites were still in charge, you'd be a village illiterate like your grandpa, stuck to a farm, as they invested near zero in public education.

What YOU need to do, instead of pointing fingers and feeling inferior, is ask what YOU can do to build your country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Cholls(m): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reflect7:

Did it occur to your thick skull full of self hate and inferiority complex that the reason South Africa is the most advanced nation in Africa is historical in nature?

The colonialists had seen SA as 'their' country, with millions of European settlers having made their way there due to the temperate climate etc. So the colonial regime did not simply loot the resources and deposit the national earnings in Europe, as happened in Nigeria and other parts of Africa under the British, French etc.

They used a substantial part of the national income to build engineering institutes, universities, power plants, infrastructure etc, right from the 1800s. So SA's first university was the University of Cape Town, established in 1829. Nigeria's first was University of Ibadan, established in 1962!

A 145 year gap!

Same applies to everything else, from roads to schools to hospitals and power plants.

Their first power plant? Read: ''The first central power station was established in 1891. The discovery of gold on the Witwatersrand in 1886 led to Johannesburg installing its first electric lighting plant in 1889.''

I mean, Nigeria is a newcomer to modern development. The rest of black Africa is playing catch up in EVERYTHING, including infrastructure and modern governance standards, because the continent was seized and LOOTED by colonialists for 200 years prior to its independence. The ONLY country that was not looted by colonialists was South Africa, for reasons earlier given.

So to visit SA today and stat comparing them to Nigeria is the very height of ignorance.

Lesson: Be THANKFUL that colonialism was ended in Africa and Nigeria. If the whites were still in charge, you'd be a village illiterate like your grandpa, stuck to a farm, as they invested near zero in public education.

What YOU need to do, instead of pointing fingers and feeling inferior, is ask what YOU can do to build your country.

my brothers and sisters see excuse

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cholls:

Let me put you in a race and start you 200 yards behind other participants, and then see where you end up at the end of the race.

Simplest way to break it down for a dumb cretin like you.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Cholls(m): 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reflect7:

[s]Let me put you in a race and start you 200 yards behind other participants, and then see where you end up at the end of the race.

[/s]
My brothers and sisters more excuses from this low life cretin tongue

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cholls:
My brothers and sisters more excuses from this low life cretin tongue

Oh GET LOST. Who cares what you think? Go hang yourself or go suck on some SA dck or whatever takes your fancy.

My response is for those with brains to think and learn, not self-loathing, school dropout riffraff with rocks for brains.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Cholls(m): 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reflect7:

[s]Oh GET LOST. Who cares what you think? Go hang yourself or go suck on some SA dck or whatever takes your fancy.

My response is for those with brains to think and learn, not self-loathing donkeys and school dropout riff raff with rocks for brains.
[/s]
My brothers and sisters here we go again. More excuses from this self-loathing donkeys and school dropout riff raff with rocks for brains. Go back to school you learnt nothing tongue

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cholls:
My brothers and sisters here we go again. More excuses from this self-loathing donkeys and school dropout riff raff with rocks for brains. Go back to school you learnt nothing tongue

I learnt a lot, which is why I am schooling you and having you copy my words, being too thick and dumb to develop your own words and debating points, you recalcitrant, ignorant, empty-headed dropout.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Cholls(m): 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reflect7:

[s]I learnt a lot, which is why I am schooling you and having you copy my words, being too thick and dumb to develop your own words and debating points, you recalcitrant, ignorant, empty-headed dropout.[/s]
My brothers and sisters this school dropout, have nothing sensible to say. He keeps coming up with excuses. Get a life, you recalcitrant, ignorant, empty-headed dropout. tongue

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
Drug dealing, fraud are the trade mark of Nigerians in other countries thanks to developers wink

Na Yoruba I pity, stop allowing other tribe to control your lives, think and learn to say no and fxck you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reflect7:

Let me put you in a race and start you 200 yards behind other participants, and then see where you end up at the end of the race.

What of Singapore ? We started the race way ahead of them ? Why are they developed ?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cholls:
My brothers and sisters this school dropout, have nothing sensible to say. He keeps coming up with excuses. Get a life, you recalcitrant, ignorant, empty-headed dropout. tongue

The ''sensible'' thing for a dumbass like you is believing that God created 'Nigerians' to be naturally ''wicked, stupid, and underdeveloped''.

If that is the case, then why are you here complaining daily? God made you to be inferior so accept it and move on. Dumbo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Oshe3084: 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reflect7:
Do you know that as of the 70’s Dubai was a desert,Dubai asked Nigeria for loan and Nigeria refused citing that nothing good would come out of a desert.Check how many years from 70’s to now it’s not even up to 100 years and Dubai is world class..
Please don’t make excuses go yet Nigeria again

A 145 year gap!

I mean, Nigeria is a newcomer to modern development. The rest of black Africa is playing catch up in EVERYTHING, including infrastructure and modern governance standards, because the continent was seized and comprehensively LOOTED by colonialists for 200 years prior to its independence. The ONLY country that was not looted by colonialists was South Africa, for reasons earlier given.

So to visit SA today and start comparing them to Nigeria is the very height of ignorance.

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

What of Singapore ? We started the race way ahead of them ? Why are they developed ?

Because they were chosen by the rich, developed west as a capitalist trading outpost and transport interchange, and an important bulwark against Soviet communist encroachment, together with the other 4 or 5 Asian 'tiger economies'. These nations, after WW2, received massive technology transfer, huge financial grants and favourable loans of all kinds from Europe and the USA, to serve as capitalist bulwarks against rampaging communism in the Pacific following Soviet successes in the war and subsequent communist expansionism.

It's a bit similar to what the west has been doing in Ukraine. Pumping them with money and technology transfer to serve as a counter to Russia.

This is why Singapore is an island of prosperity in a sea of developing countries worse than many African states, such as Cambodia, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan etc etc. THAT is how Singapore would have been without the ARTIFICIAL western involvement.

What you should ask is why 80% of the world comprises developing nations like Nigeria, and the reason is historical, and is tied largely to western brigandage of the Earth, from which most countries are still trying to recover.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Cholls(m): 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reflect7:

The ''sensible'' thing for a dumbass like you is believing that God created 'Nigerians' to be naturally ''wicked, stupid, and underdeveloped''.

If that is the case, then why are you here complaining daily? God made you to be inferior so accept it and move on. Dumbo
My brothers and sisters I've met people like this who blows grammar like sey tomorrow no dey, still on still, nothing to show for it. I'm really sorry if this is your situation in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cholls:
My brothers and sisters I've met people like this who blows grammar like sey tomorrow no dey, still on still, nothing to show for it. I'm really sorry if this is your situation in life.

You are a naturally inferior and wicked being in your opinion, so why are you complaining about anything?

Get lost.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reflect7:

Because they were chosen by the rich, developed west as a capitalist trading outpost and transport interchange, and an important bulwark against Soviet communist encroachment, together with the other 4 or 5 Asian 'tiger economies'. These nations, after WW2, received massive technology transfer, huge financial grants and favourable loans of all kinds from Europe and the USA, to serve as capitalist bulwarks against rampaging communism in the Pacific following Soviet successes in the war and subsequent communist imperialism.

This is why Singapore is an island of prosperity in a sea of developing countries worse than many African states, such as Cambodia, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan etc etc. THAT is how Singapore would have been without the ARTIFICIAL western involvement.

What you should ask is why 80% of the world comprises developing nations like Nigeria, and the reason is historical, and is tied largely to western brigandage of the Earth, from which most countries are still trying to recover.

So why has the western world always been developed and others poor?
Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Cholls(m): 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
Reflect7:

You are a naturally inferior and wicked being in your opinion, so why are you complaining about anything?

Get lost.
My brother you be bandit?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by IGBOSON1: 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cholls:

Don’t mind him! What of Singapore and Dubai that started developing just yesterday when compared to Nigeria!

A big part of our problem is pretending we don’t have a problem!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The western world has NOT always been developed.

The western world was the most underdeveloped and poorest region of the Earth for thousands of years up till around the 17th century, a mere 300 years ago.

The rich world in antiquity was Africa, Asia and South America.

Benin city had street lights and underground drainage 300 years before any city in Europe.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/mar/18/story-of-cities-5-benin-city-edo-nigeria-mighty-medieval-capital-lost-without-trace

Before colonial rule, Nigerians manufactured glass, and exported soap to European countries, which lacked soap making industries of their own.
In fact Portugal in the mid 1800s banned the importation of Nigerian manufactured soap in order to promote their local, fledgling soap industries.

What led to western conquest of the world was their use of Chinese gunpowder to build deadly firearms, guns, bombs etc, from around the 17th century, which changed the world military equation of 10,000 years prior in which all peoples used iron weapons for conflict.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cholls:
My brother you be bandit?
Cholls 1 burrito for you.. you really gave the guy some cold response.. grin

Imagine the way the kid keeps supporting failure.. always supporting failure.. Nigeria is a failed country except Nigerians wanna keep deceiving themself.. instead of that boy to accept that he keeps giving silly excuses...
No point debating with that boy who can't convey his point without being mindless..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Don’t mind him! What of Singapore and Dubai that started developing just yesterday when compared to Nigeria!

A big part of our problem is pretending we don’t have a problem!

Another dumb, illiterate response.

Firstly, it is ignorant beyond comprehension comparing a city, 'Dubai' to a country.

Do you even know that Dubai is a city and not a country?

How and why should Nigeria - country - look like the city of Dubai, you dumbass knucklehead?

And for those who know better, the UAE, of which Dubai is its capital, has a population of 9 million, yet is 7th in world oil exports, compared to Nigeria which is 11th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production

UAE has three times Nigeria's oil reserves, and exports around 4 million barrels a day, compared to Nigeria's 1.7 million.

Nigeria has 220 million people to cater for.

UAE, 9 million.

Simple, basic mathematics shows It is the HEIGHT OF INSANITY AND IGNORANCE to say that Nigeria ought to be as prosperous as the UAE based on its oil revenue.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by BRATISLAVA: 11:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Because they are white. It's so simple.
Re: Nigeria Is Still In Stone Age And A Laughing Stock In The World Of Nations by Reflect7: 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Because they are white. It's so simple.

A superstitious colour-based belief caused by colonial brainwashing.

Black and other dark skin is caused by the heavenly BLESSING of a chemical called Melanin.

It is what prevents you from dying of sun-related diseases and skin ailments.

God, in his infinite wisdom gave you MELANIN as a protective element, which is why people are darker-skinned the closer they are to the Equator.

India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, South America all have melanin-enriched populations.

The sunniest continent, Africa, has people with the highest concentration of the heavenly chemical from the Almighty.

WITHOUT that melanin, YOU would not be alive today because your ancestors would have perished thousands of years ago.

Every day you wake up, THANK YOUR MAKER for making you black.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Obidients Movement Officially Flagged Off In Plateau State Today / Obidient Movement Gives PDP, APC Cause To Worry About 2023 Election | The Cable / How True Is This Trending News About Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.