Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun (22279 Views)

Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari / Secrecy, Doubts Trail One Billion Barrels Oil Discovery In North / Obasanjo Visits Abiodun Over The Death Of His Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by christistruth01: 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
diplomat058:
Eguns are a Yoruba subgroup. Aren't they the indigenous owners of Badagry? You guys from others sides should stop trying to split us Yorubas up. Even on Nairaland, some fools manufactured concepts like Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba Christians just to spur chaos which will never happen IJN. Of course, there are internal saboteurs like Muric and other strange yoruba extremists

Eguns are first Cousins of the Yorubas who Settled in Badagry in the late 17th Century as guests of the Awori Yoruba after fleeing the King of Dahimeys Wars in the Area of Whydah in Benin Republic

They are descended from the Branch of the Yorubas called the Popos

Badagry was under the Alaafin of Oyo and the Egun were Citizens of the Oyo Empire that is why many consider them as Yorubas though in fact they are Eguns

The Eguns are a mixture descended from intermarriages between both the Fon and Yoruba tribes in Dahomey Kingdom

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Nyanmiridunce: 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Sufferingboy:
Afonjas are useless.Oil that my abia state have in excess.

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by bakar007: 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nwanyiogwashi:
The guy is very wise by attaching himself to Yoruba knowing that without their back, that ijaw people will deal with them in warri grin cheesy
Attaching himself to Yoruba or benin or what ever will not save them if this mumu decide to instigate conflicts for his people. He's already acting like a kid so far with some of his words about others in Warri. Even if he nor know History make he learn from wetin dey happen for Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Nisiw366: 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
PeterUdeme:

Stop arguing what you don't know. I'm from ondo state and we were part of Benin kingdom. Being a part of Benin kingdom does not mean we are Edo. Oyo kingdom consists of other tribes that are not Yoruba.
Ondo state was never. Ondo state is not owo

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by PeterUdeme: 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nisiw366:
Ondo state was never. Ondo state is not owo
So you agree that Owo, Akure, Akoko and some parts of Ekiti was part of Benin kingdom?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Esama: 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
I'm a benin and Yoruba from royal house I never denied where I come from.
Nigerialabalaba:

abegi!! Except u come from Bini royalty, no put ur mouth. Oranmiyan b d first Oba of Bini, Oranmiyan na Yoruba and hin come from Ile Ife and d current ile ibinu oba sef say hin na descendant of oranmiyan. Dat na why d head of d past oba dey rest for ile ife.

U wey be d commoner,proletariat and serfs fit come from anywhere but Bini Royalty na Yoruba.
If u no come from Bini royalty, u no be Bini prince or princes, u no be descendant of oranmiyan, u fit no be Yoruba and abegi nobody dey drag wia u come from o but for Bini royalty dem be Yoruba.

Itsekiri na Yoruba like Ilaje, Awori, etc be Yoruba.

All dis tins dey for Yoruba oral tradition ,even d Yoruba wey own accra today, dem family house still dey Ile Ife.
Like Ooni said, u fit say anythin,e no concern us but our history wey capture our ancestors,no outsider go edit or revise am.

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Nisiw366: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
cliffypatt:

Your opc relies mostly on charms without any form of combating dexterity, they attack the vulnerable.

Years back during the intertribal crisis, opc attacked other tribes at okoko and Mile 2, other tribes including the military tried to pacify the opc but pleas fell on deaf ears, it was one grenade from a combatant soldier that ended the whole thing.

Their charms failed them.
Opc have charms and combat skills than iyc. Ijaws also have egbesu
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by TAO11(f): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nicho118:
no, the itsekiri people are from Ijebu.. it is their monarch that is from Benin.
they speak a yoruboid language that is very similar to ilaje.
The general Itsekiri populace are of the Yoruba stock directly from Ijebu and from some other parts of Yorùbáland.

The Itsekiri royal house, however, claims its descent is from the Benin royal house.

The Itsekiri royal house makes it clear, however, that the Benin royal house (from which it came) is of IFẹ origin/roots.

So any how you look at it, this king is correct about his assertion that Itsekiri is part of the Yoruba stock.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Transcriber: 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
Sufferingboy:
Afonjas are useless.Oil that my abia state have in excess.
you are stupid
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Transcriber: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
southsouthking:

U've been blabbing and spewing gibberish.
#Shuuuut the fuvk up.
E pain am
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Nisiw366: 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
PeterUdeme:

So you agree that Owo, Akure, Akoko and some parts of Ekiti was part of Benin kingdom?
Owo, some parts of ekiti were trading with the benins then. Doesnt mean under
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Transcriber: 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
DCmonster:
Ipokia is Egunland and not Yoruba land. He is talking about oil discovery in Yoruba land not Egunland.
ipokia is egunland? I see you've taken some bad weed cheesy

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Transcriber: 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
ButterBurger:
When some better countries are already developing green energy and manufacturing electric cars.
Nigeria is still bent and broken on oil wey dem no use the money develop the useless country since all these years.

Anyway I agree that all Yoruba are one.
But all Nigerians are not one o alaye.
Whether na interwoven or interwined
oil will always be useful. Atleast for the next 150 years.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Lhanre(m): 2:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
foolbuster:
The rest of the world is talking about moving away from oil, this ancestor is still predicting oil discovery.

The world can work towards walking away from oil, but oil will continue to be relevant in the next century. Note that apart from PMS, AGO, DPK, and APK, there are several other products like ferterlizer, petroleum jelly, plastic etc derived from oil. These products will continue to be in high demand as population increases. I don't also envisage a solar technology that will result in Solar super-sonic passenger jets, at least not in the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by PeterUdeme: 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nisiw366:
Owo, some parts of ekiti were trading with the benins then. Doesnt mean under

Check history bro. I even have the map of the two empires. Don't argue.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by VEHINTOLAR: 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
DCmonster:
stories!
Why did jakande incorporate egun and awori language into news casting.

Do Oyo state, osun state, ekiti state, cast news in 3 languages?
Quit being stupid and answer the questions.
Forget all the fake stories by your scholars all in bid to get PhD.

Trust me,you're the one being stupid here ! Aworis quarter is in ile ife till tomorrow. Some of you will just be spewing gibberish about something you know nothing about ! We have what is called "Oriki' in Yoruba land which shows very clearly where each family/sub group comes from. The Oriki of Awori people shows very clearly that their progenitor - Olofin was from Ile ife.

Now,to answer your question about Osun,Oyo and Ekiti : If there are Ekiti people in Osun state,for instance,the news will have to be cast in Ekiti dialect too because Oyo and Ijesha dialects of Osun people are different from that of Ekiti dialect. Even though an Ekiti person will understand Oyo dialect when spoken,an Oyo person needs to listen attentively so as to understand Ekiti dialect when spoken. It is the same way;awori people understand general or Oyo Yoruba too.

Oyo,Ijesha,Ekiti,Awori,Egba,Ijebu,Igbomina etc are one and same Yoruba people bonded by the same culture and language. Awori is one of the many sub groups of the larger Yoruba ethnic group. You really need to stop exposing your ignorance about the subject matter here.

6 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Nisiw366: 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
PeterUdeme:

Check history bro. I even have the map of the two empires. Don't argue.
You have the fake map. Check original history
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Peace1993: 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hi guys,
This special piece of information goes all out to

1. manufacturers(in small and large scale) as well as my fellow islamic adherents that make use of DATES/DABINU and TIGERNUT/AYA/IMUMU as raw materials in producing their products and IFTAR respectively

2. guys that are interested in PONMO - for domestic and party use,

3. BEANS(of any type) users;

that I can supply the aforementioned products from the Northern part of Nigeria(specifically Yobe state) to anywhere within the Country.

Kindly reach me through the below contact 09038766557(for WhatsApp and Call)

Your patronage will, be highly appreciated and not be regretted
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Jagunlabiodua: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hahaha Warri is Yoruba and Yorubaland Benin, Warri, Edo Delta are all Yorubaland and part of Western Nigeria any other analysis is a false narrative to swell egos and politics.

The King is bearing Yoruba names and Warri people are from Ogun state.
DoctorOlasDesk:

Warri isn't yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by VEHINTOLAR: 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
geosegun:

There is something truly sacred and special about the Yoruba Ancestry - Lamurudu (Nimorod?) was a strong black man who seemed to start slavery (Using other people to work hard) and slavery ended with his people (Yorabas') - The Oracle came full circle over his children (Yorubas') - hence, this corroborate the proverb that says - whatever you sow - you reap. The Yorubas indeed are great people - interms of knowledge, physical Strengths and Military prowess.

Yoruba are no slaves to anyone from Nigeria to Benin republic,Togo, Ghana,Sierra Leone,
Gambia and even in the Americas ! They have distinguished themselves in all areas of human endeavors - Medicine, Engineering, Law,Commerce,Military,Education,etc And talking about war,Yoruba fought wars more than any other tribes in Africa. The records are there ! If you really want to know the real slaves in Nigeria,perhaps you may take a look in the mirror ! Yoruba are the pacesetters in both ancient and contemporary Nigeria - records are there too ! A ju yin lo,a ki n se egbe baba baba yin !

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by PeterUdeme: 2:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nisiw366:
You have the fake map. Check original history

What if I told you that I'm from owo and I know our history. We are not Edo but were under Benin empire. Drop this argument.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by TAO11(f): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
DCmonster:
stories!
Why did jakande incorporate egun and awori language into news casting.

Do Oyo state, osun state, ekiti state, cast news in 3 languages?
Quit being stupid and answer the questions.
Forget all the fake stories by your scholars all in bid to get PhD.
Incorporoted Awori language into news casting abi what did I just read? Lmao grin

Nothing person no go read on Nairaland. Wait, is this your comment also borne out of a feeling of being inferior to the Yorubas or is it borne, this time, out of gross & undiluted ignorance?? Cos it has to be one. cheesy

Awori, Oyo, Ife, Egba, Ondo, etc. are all dialects of the Yoruba language.

The languages of News casting in our Lagos state are:
(1) Yoruba language (The language of the landowners, i.e. Aworis)

(2) Egun language (The language of the non-Yoruba section of the Badagry division)

(3) English language (The colonial language of Nigeria)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by adelaja70(m): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
cliffypatt:

Which ijaws una finish, small crisis wey govt intervene put stop to am, clash wey only occur for one part of lagos na im you say una finish the ijaws, how many ijaws dey lag sef.

You know how many itsekiris hand touch, some even left Iwerre and vowed never to return cause of the clash.

U know how many of your SW people sef hand touch inside lagos?

If you want see ijaws enter the innermost parts of SS, and the creeks. Your opc wey nbm ext wipe out from sagamu years back no fit ever forget am in their entire lives.

You go just dey write anyhow just to massage your ego.

Try dey calm down.
Shut up! How old are you? Ijaws that OPC nearly wiped off in Ilaje, Ondo State. OPC went to Warri and dealt with Ijaws killing itshekiri and that brought an end to the crisis... All this small boys sef... Go siddon and ask your elders what really happened....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Nisiw366: 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
PeterUdeme:

What if I told you that I'm from owo and I know our history. We are not Edo but were under Benin empire. Drop this argument.
you are not from owo. Owo only traded with benin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by christistruth01: 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
PeterUdeme:

As long as you Accept that Benin was under Ile Ife

The Problem is when Benin try to Claim that they didn't descend from Ile Ife because it is a cornerstone of Akoko Akure and all Parts of Ekiti that they are descended from Ile Ife

Owo Kingdom has never been defeated and they also came from Ile ife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by PeterUdeme: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nisiw366:
you are not from owo. Owo only traded with benin
Lol. I'm not from Owo. Okay I'm from Togo.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by PeterUdeme: 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
christistruth01:

As long as you Accept that Benin was under Ile Ife

No history recorded that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by Nisiw366: 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
PeterUdeme:

Lol. I'm not from Owo. Okay I'm from Togo.
you are from benin

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by vRendoh(m): 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
Oil you cant refine one litre. Japan has no single oil well. Where are we compared to Japen. People should be talking intellect rather than oil oil oil
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by christistruth01: 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
PeterUdeme:

No history recorded that.

It is recorded in Oral History it is even in the Benin History book written by the Benin high Chief Jacob Egherevba

And in the 15th Century the Oba of Benin told the Portuguese that Ooni also called Ogane was his Father ,Oba of Benin even sent some Jesuit Priests to visit Ooni at Ife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun by do4luv14(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Lol ! Lamurudu l'obi Oduduwa,Oduduwa l'obi Oranmiyan, Oranmiyan ni Alaafin akoko ! All the answers you require will be found in IFA corpus. Yoruba,we are the ancient Nubians of old,the original inhabitants of Egypt. Our ancestral home is somewhere in the Middle East,between present day Egypt and Iraq. Do you think it's a mere coincidence that the written alphabets of the ancient Egyptians are found in some of the sacred forests of Yoruba land ? Yoruba history can't be twisted just to suit some primitive peoples fraudulent narratives and that's because we know who we are.

what about that of benin corpus, did the history not tell you that it was their mothers that was Yoruba, while their fathers are benins, or since they married yoruba they automatically became one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Sacks Media Aides To Deputy Governor / Beware! Bomb Blast At New Road Park, Sabon Gari, Kano. / A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.