Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,626 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Closed thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Closed thread (3297 Views)

Buhari's And Covid-19: Why Is That Closed Thread Pinned To Top Politics Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed thread by Cocosig: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2022

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Closed thread by LordIsaac(m): 11:30am On Mar 31, 2022
Nigeria!
Re: Closed thread by Ahmed0336(m): 11:40am On Mar 31, 2022
From the manager to everyone on duty that fateful day should be sacked.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed thread by ufuosman(m): 11:43am On Mar 31, 2022
Oga at the top for every level in naija govt

2 Likes

Re: Closed thread by ozo13(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2022
I have always ask myself same question when ever i enter the train.
From the top down to the bottom, they are jus robbing the country.ticket racketing are majorly done by the railway staffs.
Immediately i realized the number of people on the train i knew something was fishy wn they refused to release the names of passengers that were on the train.
That is to say some of the people that were taken away by the terrorist whose name are not on the list are on their own.Nigeria my country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed thread by juman(m): 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
Buhari is stealing Nigeria dry.
He brought nothing new.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed thread by Gadaluck(m): 12:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nigeria has hit the point of no return. Even corruption itself is now shocked at the level it's being abused in Nigeria. The status quo in this country needs to be totally flushed or a total breakup becomes inevitable.

4 Likes

Re: Closed thread by oz4real83(m): 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
The country is on autopilot, everybody is doing what pleases him or her. Nigerian leaders are a great curse to the country.
Re: Closed thread by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
Cocosig:
God just exposed the corruption in the railway ticketing, no wonder that they don't want to introduce online booking, when it was eventually introduced, it was always said to have been fully booked especially the business class. Currently, they are having problems with the Chinese bc the Chinese want to be running the train and to introduce real online booking !!!

Now 970 were on board of the attacked train but only 398 were on the manifest.

From my inbox :

NRC SCAM:
398 tickets sold
372 of ticket holders boarded.
Head count is 970 on board.
Do you now see why it took NRC 56 hours to produce the manifest?
Even this figures are unbelievable.
They are doctored.
A thorough audit (forensic) will reveal that not up to 150 ticket fares were remitted to the government coffers.
A whooping 820 fares are stolen.
Let us assume the fare is N2000.
That will be N1.64m per trip. A minimum of 4 trips a day will be N6.56m.
In one month N196.8m going to someone's pocket.
Yet, we pay him salary, give him a car, give him a cook and gardner, pay for his vacation.
All he does is to do this to us.
The minister is on media cursing us for not giving him N3b for some bogus security nonsense.

Evil people everywhere !!!

Terrible corruption. !!!
Before you climb the altar, can you show us evidence that 970 people were onboard?

2 Likes

Re: Closed thread by West1side: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
There is no need for prove on this every Nigerian at the civil service is a human devil.

Agbegbaorogboye:

Before you climb the altar, can you show us evidence that 970 people were onboard?

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by 9gerian: 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
AH!!! shocked

ozo13:
I have always ask myself same question when ever i enter the train.
From the top down to the bottom, they are jus robbing the country.ticket racketing are majorly done by the railway staffs.
Immediately i realized the number of people on the train i knew something was fishy wn they refused to release the names of passengers that were on the train.
That is to say some of the people that were taken away by the terrorist whose name are not on the list are on their own.Nigeria my country
Re: Closed thread by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
West1side:
There is no need for prove on this every Nigerian at the civil service is a human devil.

I don't agree with it. It was just wild speculation just like the 60 killed. Not every Nigerian in civil service is evil though. There are good people though I must add they are in the minority.

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by SmartPolician: 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
When you understand that no public office holder actually believes in Nigeria, including the president, these revelations won't shock you anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Closed thread by sinkhole: 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

There was a guy on Sunrisedaily of Channels TV, this morning, the guy said people have been calling the railway authority to find out about their loved ones that were on the train. He said more than 100 people had called, but that when they checked against the manifest produced by the railway authority, they could only verify nine(9)!
Ironically, the same guy claimed that the figure of 970 on the train is fake!
I think some kidnapped people on that train, especially, the children of nobody, should just go and look for their ransom money and pay quietly, if they still want to live embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed thread by duullie88(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nigeria
Re: Closed thread by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
sinkhole:
There was a guy on Sunrisedaily of Channels TV, this morning, the guy said people have been calling the railway authority to find out about their loved ones that were on the train. He said more than 100 people had called, but that when they checked against the manifest produced by the railway authority, they could only verify nine(9)!
Ironically, the same guy claimed that the figure of 970 on the train is fake!
I think some kidnapped people on that train, especially, the children of nobody, should just go and look for their ransom money and pay quietly, if they still want to live embarassed
A lady was also interviewed on Arise, one of the survivors. She said about 500 people were on the train. I personally refuse to believe that more than double the number on the manifest was on the train. Presently, we can account for less than 60 people. If we go by official figures, that will leave a balance of over 200 people. If 970 is the correct figure however, that will imply over 900 people have been kidnapped. Abeg wetin dem take move 900 people and where will they move them to? Is that not more than the population of some areas?

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by Cocosig: 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I pray that Nigeria will happen to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed thread by SarkinYarki: 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
Everyone knows that those train tickets have been hijacked by a racket

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
Cocosig:

I pray that Nigeria will happen to you

No need for such prayers. I'm in Nigeria already and I've seen firsthand what these bandits are about. And if anything happens to me, how does that further your cause? I am not even an APC supporter. But the fact remains there's nothing on ground to justify that 970 figure, just as there's no evidence 60 people were killed. Do the math. If 970 people were on board and only about 50 people have been accounted for so far, that will imply that about 900 people have been kidnapped. Can you imagine how a kidnap of 900 people will be possible?

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by Lamasta(m): 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Do you know how much has been stolen in government in the last 7 years OP
Re: Closed thread by Lhanre(m): 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nothing will be done about this exposure. So sad. Nigeria is fantastically corrupt indeed.
Re: Closed thread by sinkhole: 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

A lady was also interviewed on Arise, one of the survivors. She said about 500 people were on the train. I personally refuse to believe that more than double the number on the manifest was on the train. Presently, we can account for less than 60 people. If we go by official figures, that will leave a balance of over 200 people. If 970 is the correct figure however, that will imply over 900 people have been kidnapped. Abeg wetin dem take move 900 people and where will they move them to? Is that not more than the population of some areas?
I am neither in support of FG nor believing (in its entirety) the popular report, but at the same time, if those people could move 200 people without a trace, why can't they also move 900? Remember, FG with all her power, could not bring a vehicle to the place of attack but those people brought vehicles to that place, besides we have witnessed, in this country mass kidnap of people without anybody tracing them!

2 Likes

Re: Closed thread by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
sinkhole:
I am neither in support of FG nor believing (in its entirety) the popular report, but at the same time, if those people could move 200 people without a trace, why can't they also move 900? Remember, FG with all her power, could not bring a vehicle to the place of attack but those people brought vehicles to that place, besides we have witnessed, in this country mass kidnap of people without anybody tracing them!

This is my point. According to the survivors, they came with Sharon buses.I think if they pack them in, maybe 10 of such can carry 200. 900 however will require 45 buses!! I personally don't think 45 buses will just vanish into thin air like that. That will imply something more dangerous than just worrying about tickets. 200 is alarming enough. 900 is plain preposterous!! If the terrorists can kidnap 900 people and our security agencies can't follow their trails or give their location, then they all should be scrapped!! I simply refuse to believe the terrorists will come to the site with the aim of kidnapping 900 people. These are attacks are strategically planned and the strategy for 900 people is just like planning for a war!
Re: Closed thread by sinkhole: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

This is my point. According to the survivors, they came with Sharon buses.I think if they pack them in, maybe 10 of such can carry 200. 900 however will require 45 buses!! I personally don't think 45 buses will just vanish into thin air like that. That will imply something more dangerous than just worrying about tickets. 200 is alarming enough. 900 is plain preposterous!! If the terrorists can kidnap 900 people and our security agencies can't follow their trails or give their location, then they all should be scrapped!! I simply refuse to believe the terrorists will come to the site with the aim of kidnapping 900 people. These are attacks are strategically planned and the strategy for 900 people is just like planning for a war!
Well, 900 or not, it is very clear that tickets are being racketeered and some kidnapped people will not be found on the manifest and hence, on their own!

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by Alexpre11: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
We always call Govt but we are the problem

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by respect80(m): 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
I'm glad this is happening under GEJ

This is just one out of the many things happening under GEJ.
This is exactly how our politicians accumulate wealth they won't be able to spend in 10 lifetimes while people go to bed every night with empty stomachs and die from all manner of diseases.
The annoying thing is that those who masterminded this terrible crime will still be allowed to hold their positions even now that they have been exposed.

If critically investigated, don't be surprised when you see the value chain of this corrupt act leading straight to the presidency or some powerful persons in the cabal.

"The reason why Buhari’s administration is the most corrupt is because those at the top don't only loot what is at the top but still place their foot soldiers at the bottom to pick up the crumbs left for the common man." - Ely 2022

2 Likes

Re: Closed thread by chuckdelis: 3:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
Cocosig:
God just exposed the corruption in the railway ticketing, no wonder that they don't want to introduce online booking, when it was eventually introduced, it was always said to have been fully booked especially the business class. Currently, they are having problems with the Chinese bc the Chinese want to be running the train and to introduce real online booking !!!

Now 970 were on board of the attacked train but only 398 were on the manifest.

From my inbox :

NRC SCAM:
398 tickets sold
372 of ticket holders boarded.
Head count is 970 on board.
Do you now see why it took NRC 56 hours to produce the manifest?
Even this figures are unbelievable.
They are doctored.
A thorough audit (forensic) will reveal that not up to 150 ticket fares were remitted to the government coffers.
A whooping 820 fares are stolen.
Let us assume the fare is N2000.
That will be N1.64m per trip. A minimum of 4 trips a day will be N6.56m.
In one month N196.8m going to someone's pocket.
Yet, we pay him salary, give him a car, give him a cook and gardner, pay for his vacation.
All he does is to do this to us.
The minister is on media cursing us for not giving him N3b for some bogus security nonsense.

Evil people everywhere !!!

Terrible corruption. !!!
If you’ve ever followed that train you will know it’s almost impossible to have 950 passengers on that train by this time of the year and not even on that last train.
People avoid the last train, most times it has empty seats all over.
Re: Closed thread by Galacious1: 3:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
This country is just terrible.
Re: Closed thread by April4th(m): 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

No need for such prayers. I'm in Nigeria already and I've seen firsthand what these bandits are about. And if anything happens to me, how does that further your cause? I am not even an APC supporter. But the fact remains there's nothing on ground to justify that 970 figure, just as there's no evidence 60 people were killed. Do the math. If 970 people were on board and only about 50 people have been accounted for so far, that will imply that about 900 people have been kidnapped. Can you imagine how a kidnap of 900 people will be possible?

The train has one first class cabin, one business class cabin and six economy class cabin. First class and business class seats 86 persons each. Economy class seats at least 120 persons, attachments and standings not inclusive. 120x6’= 700 persons. By the time you add up the 172 persons on the vip cabins, you’re having almost 900 passengers as at the time of the incident. So people saying 950 persons were on board the train, wasn’t far from the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed thread by Cocosig: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
April4th:

The train has one first class cabin, one business class cabin and six economy class cabin. First class and business class seats 86 persons each. Economy class seats at least 120 persons, attachments and standings not inclusive. 120x6’= 700 persons. By the time you add up the 172 persons on the vip cabins, you’re having almost 900 passengers as at the time of the incident. So people saying 950 persons were on board the train, wasn’t far from the truth.

May wisdom never depart from you

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
sinkhole:
Well, 900 or not, it is very clear that tickets are being racketeered and some kidnapped people will not be found on the manifest and hence, on their own!

Totall agree. But I don't think that is news. That is already common knowledge. Even those whose names are on the manifest are on their own. The KD state govt does not pay ransoms. Neither does the FG.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yorubas Dominate Every Sport Outside Football / Bishop Kukah Gives Reason For Backing Tinubu For President. / Latest Update: Yaradua Rushed From Jeddah To Nigeria, Died In St. Nicholas Hospi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.