Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? (2030 Views)

2023: APC Should Give Its Ticket To A Southwest Muslim - Yoruba Muslim Scholars / Akinwunmi Adesina, 2023: We Want Yoruba Muslim As President - MURIC To Obasanjo / MURIC: Why Has No Yoruba Muslim Ever Occupied Aso Rock? (2) (3) (4)

Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2023
I'm a proud yoruba moslem from Osun but I keep wondering why we the yoruba moslems continue to play second fiddle to the fulani.

It's not as if fulanis brought Islam to yoruba land but what I don't understand is why I can't break my fast until the fulani sultan orders to do so, I also don't understand why a yoruba moslem cannot lead prayers in a fulani dominated mosque. Are we truly a conquered people? Why are we always inferior to the fulanis?

Could this inferiority complex be the reason why the gambari emir of ilorin banned us from practicing our culture in our own land?

Sometimes I feel ashamed of identifying as a yoruba man because it's so shameful how we kow-tow to the fulani and worship at their feet. Are we truly a tribe of conquered cowards?

Just look at how the fulanis slaughter us in Lagos, oyo and ogun at the slightest provocation and even push our people to become refugees in Benin Republic.

I would like NL members to proffer a lasting solution to this fiasco because it's become such an embarrassment to us as a people.

Cc
Helinues
FreeStuffsNG
Madridguy
Yarimo
Afamed

How do we solve the issue of fulani dominance over us as a people? Can we actually have our own sultan to dictate our affairs as yoruba moslems?

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by helinues: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2023
Yoruba becoming Sultan? Is Sultan title Yoruba's title?.

What's some of una obsession with the great Yorubas?

You for kuku ask why Yorubas can't be Eze Ndigbo then

Go and ask for refunds from your teachers, your education is useless

The impersonators can never be proud of their lineage

Radarada

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
helinues:
Yoruba becoming Sultan? Is Sultan title Yoruba's title?.

What's some of una obsession with the great Yorubas?

You for kuku ask why Yorubas can't be Eze Ndigbo then

The impersonators can never be proud of their lineage

Radarada

If sultan is not a yoruba title, why then do we take orders from the fulani sultan in sokoto? Could it be that we are truly cowards that can't look fulanis in the face and tell them off? I was hoping you'd provide a workable solution going forward, I'm so ashamed to identify as a yoruba moslem

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by helinues: 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

If sultan is not a yoruba title, why then do we take orders from the fulani sultan in sokoto? Could it be that we are truly cowards that can't look fulanis in the face and tell them off? I was hoping you'd provide a workable solution going forward, I'm so ashamed to identify as a yoruba moslem

Chinedu, why not be proud of your lineage.

Imagine as how inferiority complex is doing you shaka shaka

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by endsarrrs(f): 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
There you go again....
Please, go and read your Bible and adhere to its teaching.

Leave Yoruba moslems alone. They can be Sultan in Benin, but not Nigeria tongue grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
helinues:

Chinedu, why not be proud of your lineage.

Imagine as how inferiority complex is doing you shaka shaka

I'm a proud omoluabi from Ede, Osun state and it's obvious you have no reasonable solution to this embarrassment we face as a people. I wonder why you bring in the great Igbos into this conversation that has nothing to do with them, it seems fulanis has more respect for Igbo moslems than yoruba moslems. Are we truly a conquered people? Because I'm beginning to believe that to be the case.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by helinues: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

I'm a proud omoluabi from Ede, Osun state and it's obvious you have no reasonable solution to this embarrassment we face as a people. I wonder why you bring in the great Igbos into this conversation that has nothing to do with them, it seems fulanis has more respect for Igbo moslems than yoruba moslems. Are we truly a conquered people? Because I'm beginning to believe that to be the case.

Don't you have an atom of shame?

Imagine you creating a new moniker to be posting nonsense thread.

Is that how idle you have been?

Issues affecting their home region is none of their business, they would rather be shooking mouths in others matter.

Na only them get solution to others problems but are just clueless in solving theirs ..

Iranu abasha

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Chucks13: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
They have started agzin asking table shaking question.

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2023
endsarrrs:
There you go again....
Please, go and read your Bible and adhere to its teaching.

Leave Yoruba moslems alone. They can be Sultan in Benin, but not Nigeria tongue grin

Lol😆 but Benin/Dahomey female warriors conquered and slaughtered us like swines, I'm not sure we have any balls left to challenge Benin, all we have to do is obey them so they don't send us back to our fulani overlords to deal with us. I'm really pained about the situation we the yoruba moslems have found ourselves in Nigeria, it's seems there's no end in sight to this perpetual servitude to our fulani masters, it keeps me up at night and I've been strategizing on how to change the narrative, maybe I'll become the first yoruba moslem sultan but I'm afraid my coward yoruba moslem brothers will betray and sell me out to the fulanis because backstabbing is our stock in trade.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Minime10(f): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sultan of Lagos🤣🤣

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Strangebuttrue(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
If care is not taken Sultan will be the one to be appointing imams and Alfas in every mosque

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
helinues:

Don't you have an atom of shame?

Imagine you creating a new moniker to be posting nonsense thread.

Is that how idle you have been?

Issues affecting their home region is none of their business, they would rather be shooking mouths in others matter.

Na only them get solution to others problems but are just clueless in solving theirs ..

Iranu abasha

Are you saying we sit and do nothing about our eternal servitude to the fulani? A whole sophisticated tribe like ours? This is shameful and below the belt even for an idle troll like you. I'll have to denounce being a yoruba moslem if this embarrassment should continue without any solution in sight.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
Chucks13:
They have started agzin asking table shaking question.

These are pertinent questions that portends to our survival as yoruba moslems, I know my cowardly yoruba tribe lack the balls to challenge the fulani that's why they take solace insulting the great Igbos who have done nothing wrong to us but good thing I'm not as cowardly as my people and I intend to challenge the current sultan so I can become the next and first yoruba moslem sultan, amin

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by muyico(m): 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
First known the meaning of sultan and his originate ?

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
Minime10:
Sultan of Lagos🤣🤣

We can't bow to sokoto caliphate for centuries only to limit ourselves to becoming sultan of Lagos, the fulani must also take turn in receiving orders from a yoruba moslem sultan but I fear my cowardly tribe will sell me out for a morsel of bread, it's unfortunate how we bend over for fulani to bang us like coochie 😢

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Queenttoast01: 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2023

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Truthday: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2023
Yoruba Muslims are not complaining to your father.

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Truthday: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
Queenttoast01:
Christianity is the only religion of Peace

https://www.nairaland.com/7754597/christianity-only-religion-peace

https://www.nairaland.com/7766527/god-father-son-jesus-christ

Luke 19:27
“But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.”
Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by 7lives: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

I know you are confused, let me help you.
The Sultanate is an empire, with the Sultan as the maximum religious and political ruler.
The Emirs are under the control of the Sultanate, Uthman Dan Fodio 's great grand children, are the owners of the empire because the empire belongs to Uthman Dan Fodio.
So for your information, ONLY the grand children of Uthman Dan Fodio, can ascend the throne of the Sultan.
Now the joke is on you, can a Fulani ascend the throne of Alafin Oyo.
Oyo empire belongs to Oranmiyan and so the throne belongs to his grandchildren.
No Yoruba that is not of Oranmiyan lineage can become an Alafin of Oyo.
Same thing applied to the Sultanate, get a copy of the west African history, read and understand.
Shalom.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
Strangebuttrue:
If care is not taken Sultan will be the one to be appointing imams and Alfas in every mosque

It's already happening, our yoruba moslem imams and alfas receive and carry out instructions from the fulani sultan but soon I'll change the narrative, it's the turn of fulanis to receive orders from we the yoruba moslems insha Allah

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Truthday: 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

These are pertinent questions that portends to our survival as yoruba moslems, I know my cowardly yoruba tribe lack the balls to challenge the fulani that's why they take solace insulting the great Igbos who have done nothing wrong to us but good thing I'm not as cowardly as my people and I intend to challenge the current sultan so I can become the next and first yoruba moslem sultan, amin

Now that you've accepted to be a Muslim. I pray all your generation revert to Islam

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
muyico:
First known the meaning of sultan and his originate ?

The fact that we the yoruba moslems receive orders and instructions from the caliphate renders the meaning and origin of sultan useless, it's the turn of the fulanis to also receive orders from we the yoruba moslems and I'll accomplish this feat or die trying.

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by helinues: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

Are you saying we sit and do nothing about our eternal servitude to the fulani? A whole sophisticated tribe like ours? This is shameful and below the belt even for an idle troll like you. I'll have to denounce being a yoruba moslem if this embarrassment should continue without any solution in sight.

Stop skipping your medicine, hope you yourself can see the effects of not taking it on time.

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by BabaIbo: 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
7lives:

The Sultanate is an empire, with the Sultan as the maximum religious and political ruler.
The Emirs are under the control of the Sultanate, Uthman Dan Fodio 's great grand children, are the owners of the empire because the empire belongs to Uthman Dan Fodio.
So for your information, ONLY the grand children of Uthman Dan Fodio, can ascend the throne of the Sultan.
Same thing applied to the Sultanate, get a copy of the west African history, read and understand.
Shalom.

You don't get his question. He is not asking with respect to throne or kingship title but with respect to religious leader.

He is asking why is it that they can have their own person as the person who gives such orders as the one the sultan gives.

For example: moon sighting etc.

He is asking why must they wait for someone in another place to give them direction or order on what to do?
Why is it that someone among them can't take up that responsibility, after all Saudi is the HQ of their religion?

Well na una palava be that, it is none of my business sef.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
7lives:

Shalom.

Thank you for taking your time to explain this in such a civil manner and not like the uncouth helinues who'd rather throw jabs and insults.

With regards to your explanation, are you saying that we the yoruba moslems will remain eternally subservient to the grand children of uthman Dan fodio? Why can't we elevate a yoruba moslem to a position that rivals that of the sultan? Someone who can help us sight the moon without waiting for the fulani sultan as this has made the fulanis very arrogant and condescending towards we the yoruba moslems.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Emperormartin(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
You don't even know your history so well

The Fulanis brought Islam into Yoruba kingdom
Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
Truthday:
Yoruba Muslims are not complaining to your father.

I am a yoruba moslem and I'm complaining because the low self esteem and inferiority complex we exude towards the fulani leaves so much to be desired and you should be ashamed for making this senseless statement, I shall become the first yoruba moslem sultan and fulani will take orders from me insha Allah, it takes two to tango

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
BabaIbo:

You don't get his question. He is not asking with respect to throne or kingship title but with respect to religious leader.

He is asking why is it that they can have their own person as the person who gives such orders as the one the sultan gives.

For example: moon sighting etc.

He is asking why must they wait for someone in another place to give them direction or order on what to do?
Why is it that someone among them can't take up that responsibility, after all Saudi is the HQ of their religion?

Well na una palava be that, it is none of my business sef.

Very apt, you hit the nail on the head, thank you very much and may Allah continue to bless you. I really don't know why my yoruba moslem brothers are dancing around the subject trying to confuse me but I remain resolute. May the peace of Allah be with you and your household, amin.

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by helinues: 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

Thank you for taking your time to explain this in such a civil manner and not like the uncouth helinues who'd rather throw jabs and insults.

With regards to your explanation, are you saying that we the yoruba moslems will remain eternally subservient to the grand children of uthman Dan fodio? Why can't we elevate a yoruba moslem to a position that rivals that of the sultan? Someone who can help us sight the moon without waiting for the fulani sultan as this has made the fulanis very arrogant and condescending towards we the yoruba moslems.

Election loss could be painful sha

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Ikaeniyan0: 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:
I'm a proud yoruba moslem from Osun but I keep wondering why we the yoruba moslems continue to play second fiddle to the fulani.

It's not as if fulanis brought Islam to yoruba land but what I don't understand is why I can't break my fast until the fulani sultan orders to do so, I also don't understand why a yoruba moslem cannot lead prayers in a fulani dominated mosque. Are we truly a conquered people? Why are we always inferior to the fulanis?

Could this inferiority complex be the reason why the gambari emir of ilorin banned us from practicing our culture in our own land?

Sometimes I feel ashamed of identifying as a yoruba man because it's so shameful how we kow-tow to the fulani and worship at their feet. Are we truly a tribe of conquered cowards?

Just look at how the fulanis slaughter us in Lagos, oyo and ogun at the slightest provocation and even push our people to become refugees in Benin Republic.

I would like NL members to proffer a lasting solution to this fiasco because it's become such an embarrassment to us as a people.

Cc
Helinues
FreeStuffsNG
Madridguy
Yarimo
Afamed

How do we solve the issue of fulani dominance over us as a people? Can we actually have our own sultan to dictate our affairs as yoruba moslems?
Only Usman dan fodio lines can become sultan in Sokoto. The sultan only have power over some Fulani and Hausa territory.

President Obasanjo's Tenure: A Complete Failure? / Sikiru Ayinde Barrister Burial Plan / Nigeria: Shipwreck - Fg Needs N4.3 Billion To Remove Wreckage

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61