Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! (17696 Views)

Germany Opens Electric Highway For Trucks To Curb Pollution (photos) / Innoson Delivers Operational Trucks To FRSC (Photo) / 5 Nigerian Big Boys That Were Killed By Power Bike Accidents (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by DatoDatuk: 11:30am On Mar 31, 2022
Tips for sharing the road with large trucks.

The large truck is a special vehicle. Its motor is not much larger than a large car engine and yet the load it carries can be 50 or more times the weight of a car.

When accelerating up to speed, truck drivers use up to 18 gear changes. Once they get into top gear, they do not appreciate having to start again. Therefore, avoid forcing a truck driver to slow down. Large trucks will decrease speed when going uphill. You can expect truck drivers to pick up speed when going down hills to help them get up the other side. Plan your passing manoeuvre accordingly.

It takes longer to stop a large truck than a car, so a truck driver needs a longer following distance to be safe and in control.

Do not cut in front of a large truck immediately after you have passed it. Truck drivers have problems seeing smaller vehicles. Although they have mirrors that help them to see each side, you may not be visible to the driver if you follow too closely. (Besides, you can’t see anything yourself.) Realize that in poor weather, exterior mirrors become spotted with rain and dirt and the truck driver does not have an interior mirror. Be sure to make yourself visible. Drive with your headlights on.

Truckers sit up high and the hood of the cab obscures part of the road ahead. This is why when drivers in a car are passing a large truck, they should make sure they can see the entire truck cab in their rear-view mirror before pulling in front.

If a car cuts in too soon, truck drivers are forced to react with little time or room to spare. Large trucks also have deep rear blindspots.

A good car driver's rule is that if you can’t see the large truck’s mirrors, the truck driver can’t see you.

Hope you have learnt something new today.

142 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by slawormiir: 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Nice write up

All those truck drivers after smoking gum and everything
The way them go begin match that truck....you go fear
Especially for that Benin to abuja road way nor even get enough space..that shit always scare the hell out of a real niggarrr whenever he is on his way to abuja..the only thing that give me hope and mind na the gospel song way all those God is good motor driver dey play at the beginning of the journey...although last last them dey remove am put am for secular songs
Kingdemu:
Thought you've been nabbed by EFCC
Na who get money efcc dey nab na
But sincerely sha...I need to double my huzzle this period...so that efcc nor go come we compound arrest everybody come leave me behind

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by beautyhd: 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
Those heavy duty vehicles drivers, no matter how you avoid them tend to intentionally upset other road users through their don’t you know we are the kings of the road driving.

Most of these truck drivers are usually high and intentionally stupid.

A law should be passed for their movements to be only at nights, so these unnecessary accidents and terrible traffic jams can be avoided.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by HopeNeverDies: 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
Damnnn!!!! Those truckers drive like the cars on the road mean little or nothing to them..

Sentiments apart ; I’m not being tribalistic here; most of them that drive crazy are mostly Hausas...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Knows12(m): 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
I need work pls.. hunger want kill me here. and if u no get work, pls bless me with anything, I will appreciate it.. I'm a beggar, yes I know, just forgive me..
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by wolesmile(m): 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
I fear those trucks like anything....
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Akeem79(m): 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
Safety caution is very important
But in some cases its destiny to happen
Which means .....
what will be will be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
D way some people drive as if dey are F1
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Knows12(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
boss pls run me atatal make I chop..I need work pls.. hunger want kill me here. and if u no get work, pls bless me with anything, I will appreciate it.. I'm a beggar, yes I know, just forgive me..

1 Like

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by verybadmouth(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
In developed countries, a breathalyzer is used to detect blood alcohol level in drivers especially truck drivers. This should be introduced in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by championship: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Very informative
But try numbering next time for easy read and identification

5 Likes

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by TangoPredict(f): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Stay safe always
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Nickymichy(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Good one
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by OYENIYIJK: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Nice write up
Welcome Man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by spydera: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Thanks
Also, avoid getting close or driving side by side to heavy vehicles at night...

Those truck drivers know why they always have pictures of bible characters in the vehicle's body... You'll even seen [/b]"horn before you overtake" or "many have gone"[b] behind the vehicle...

Safe Journey guys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by steep865: 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2022

6 Likes

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by greatiyk4u(m): 4:27pm On Mar 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Nice write up

U don come out?

4 Likes

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Emmypure: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
Like say efcc don release damn niggar
When ever I am in steering I am always care when ever I see truck drivers, most of them are always high on drugs, so I allow them ass jeje,I can not come and kill my self.
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Acerugs33: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2022

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Besober: 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
It is well
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Flexherbal(m): 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Thanks
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Nicepoker(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Nice write up

All those truck drivers after smoking gum and everything

I hope EFCC treated you quit well. grin

4 Likes

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Padipadi(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
Last Bullet
Thanks op
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by edosignature(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
Highly educative. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by thinkmoney(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
DatoDatuk:
Tips for sharing the road with large trucks.

The large truck is a special vehicle. Its motor is not much larger than a large car engine and yet the load it carries can be 50 or more times the weight of a car.

When accelerating up to speed, truck drivers use up to 18 gear changes. Once they get into top gear, they do not appreciate having to start again. Therefore, avoid forcing a truck driver to slow down. Large trucks will decrease speed when going uphill. You can expect truck drivers to pick up speed when going down hills to help them get up the other side. Plan your passing manoeuvre accordingly.

It takes longer to stop a large truck than a car, so a truck driver needs a longer following distance to be safe and in control.

Do not cut in front of a large truck immediately after you have passed it. Truck drivers have problems seeing smaller vehicles. Although they have mirrors that help them to see each side, you may not be visible to the driver if you follow too closely. (Besides, you can’t see anything yourself.) Realize that in poor weather, exterior mirrors become spotted with rain and dirt and the truck driver does not have an interior mirror. Be sure to make yourself visible. Drive with your headlights on.

Truckers sit up high and the hood of the cab obscures part of the road ahead. This is why when drivers in a car are passing a large truck, they should make sure they can see the entire truck cab in their rear-view mirror before pulling in front.

If a car cuts in too soon, truck drivers are forced to react with little time or room to spare. Large trucks also have deep rear blindspots.

A good car driver's rule is that if you can’t see the large truck’s mirrors, the truck driver can’t see you.

Hope you have learnt something new today.
Thank u
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Ertugrul: 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
informative
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Trapnews: 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Okay
Re: Tips For Sharing The Road With Large Trucks To Avoid Accidents!! by Ezedon(m): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Not when village people is on top of your matter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Sheriff Forced To Repay N25m After Buying An Hellcat With Seized Drug Money / 5 Warning Lights You Should Never Ignore In Your Car! / Road Rage: Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.