Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,848 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Throwback Record Of The Week: MI Abaga - Illegal Music 2 (2012) - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Throwback Record Of The Week: MI Abaga - Illegal Music 2 (2012) (311 Views)

Throwback Record Of The Week: Tuface Idibia – Grass 2 Grace (2006) / Throwback Record Of The Week: Weird MC - After Da Storm (2006) / Free Entry Artist Of The Week (online Music Contest Powered By Unilagmusic/adm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Record Of The Week: MI Abaga - Illegal Music 2 (2012) by amechispeaks(m): 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Throwback Record Of The Week: MI – Illegal Music 2 (2012)

Ten years ago, MI Abaga dropped one of the most critically/lyrically acclaimed projects in Nigeria's hip hop history.

This project is none other than Illegal Music 2.

As always, MI delivered razor-sharp bars on each track, and so did every other MC featured on the project.

Let’s start with the track “Ridiculous”, which features Hench and Boogey. The beat, hook, and the lyrics were absolutely insane!

The Ice Prince-assisted track “F*ck You” was also off the chain. Not just for the bars, but for the comedic, well thought-out melody.

On a more soulful tip, “Heart Of The City” featuring Show Dem Camp, and “Flower” featuring Ruby were equally bananas!

Other guest appearances on Illegal Music 2 include South Africa's HHP, Maytronomy, XO Senavoe, 5 Mics, Loose Kaynon, Pryse, and Khali Abdul.

Top notch project without a f*cking doubt!

Written By Amechi “Double Six” Okoli

If you like my weekly throwback series and you think what I’m doing is important for Nigerian hip hop, then kindly show some support and grab a copy of my book – “It’s Hard To Rap With A Gun In Your Mouth”

It’s the ONLY hip hop story-book in Nigeria's history....It’s DOPE....And it costs just N1,000.

All you have to do is send me a WhatsApp message to order - +23408033422206

Follow on IG @234hiphop and @amechi_okoli

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

#careeramebo: Los Tegger Talks About #musicproduction And #songwritting / Wilkado Niel Lukeing For Signing / Promyzce Finally Drop "Slow Motion"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.