Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Scary Things That Happen In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scary Things That Happen In Marriage (392 Views)

The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary / Is This Chemistry Or Is It Bound To Happen In Marriage/relationship? / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scary Things That Happen In Marriage by Yanaty1: 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
I am undergoing an internship with a private Surveyor and I happen to be close to the wife. I am not married but we became close because I go to their all week days so she is like an elder sister to me now.

There is a friend of her husband, he is an Engineer. I first met him when we were working on one site in one of the universities in the state and I later discovered we attend the same church. One day I saw the Engineer in church so I went to greet him, the way a responded I was a bit worried. He acted like he didn't know me. This same thing occured another day. One day I and my boss's wife were gisting so I told about what the engineer did. She started laughing and told me it is because I wear trousers and maybe the way I was dressing. But I wasn't dressing bad infact my church is local church and if you dress anyhow the ushers will ask you to go home and change. That's not even the means gist, here comes the gist.

Today my boss's wife showed me a message the engineer's wife and sent to her. She sent a picture of her self dressed in a transparent nightie. She said her husband has asked her to leave his house that he has freed her now so she can be dressing the way she likes. I was so shocked, this man is staying in his compound with just his family and the house is fenced. Which one is dressing any how there?

This man does not allow his wife wear trousers, infact she can never sew a cloth for 6k, the man terms it wastage. There was a time a church member gifted her a lace, when she took it to the tailer she was charged 5k. When she got back the husband started shouting that how can she use 5k just for sewing. He prefers the wife use Solive vegetable oil to cook than Kings. He said his mother used that to train him. His children eat only yam, rice and swallow, nothing like tea, noodles, spaghetti and all those.

She was very happy when she was getting married because she was marrying an engineer and this is what she faces. He uses every opportunity to insult her, she had intentions of going back to school because she only finished her secondary school. The response she got from the husband was that she wants to waste money because she doesn't know anything and she will never know.

This a a man that sees himself as God fearing, if he sees you wearing trousers you are automatically a sinner. I know I have been praying for a God fearing man to marry, but not this type. Infact marriage itself na wahala. Because you married one man now you won't even have the freedom to dress or act yourself again.

Does anyone here have a spouse like that? Because this is really strange to me, God knows I won't be able to bear such.
Re: Scary Things That Happen In Marriage by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hmmm.
Re: Scary Things That Happen In Marriage by SmileDance(f): 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Different strokes for different folks, things people endure just to stay married. But then the woman must have noticed some of these things about the man but she ignored
Re: Scary Things That Happen In Marriage by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
you cant blame a man for having an opinion.... i dont see anything wrong with the desires of this man, i see something wrong with two people NOT discussing such issues before getting married. i doubt this is the 1st time this man said something about the way she dressed, and she must have known beforehand but decided to be quiet in the name of "marriage"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time To Go For Antenatal / A Brother Survived Poison / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.