Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

What Is The Solution To Mental Health Issues In Nigeria? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Solution To Mental Health Issues In Nigeria? (205 Views)

Ban On Codeine: Lagos Unveils Comprehensive Strategy To Address Mental Health / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / Your Sexual Weakness Is Now Over! Homoforte Powder Is The Solution!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Solution To Mental Health Issues In Nigeria? by iykbethany(m): 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
I recently made a short trip to my village, and gave myself the assignment of counting mentally challenged young people in my small village. Guess what, I counted 8, imagine if proper headcount is carried out in the entire community, or maybe the whole of the LGA.

In my opinion the major cause of mental health problems in Nigeria are drug's / substance abuse and depression but when these guys run mad their family members will blame it on enemies and tag it evil projection �. Owu ihe esendiri esendi...

The rate at which young people consume hard drugs these days is so alarming. And if we don't take drastic measures to address this problem I'm afraid we will have millions of mentally challenged young people in Nigeria within the next few years.

What do you guys think we should do? Should we fold our hands and watch all our brothers and sisters run mad? The government has failed us otherwise there would have been massive campaign against drug abuse. Do they even care?

Guys, i ask again, what do we do? Fold our hands and continue to blame enemies and village people or do something? I'm planning to organise a campaign against drug abuse starting from my LGA. Would you like to get involved? In which area do you think you can be of help? Ideas, opinions and suggestions are highly welcomed please �.

(1) (Reply)

A Workout That Helped Me Loss Belly Fat �� / What You Should Know About Weight-loss Drugs / Is Moxibustion Effective For Seminal Vesiculitis Individuals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.