Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,141 members, 7,860,106 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

How Do I Cut Down On My Fuel Costs? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Cut Down On My Fuel Costs? (448 Views)

Strange Items In My Fuel Tank / My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling / What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Cut Down On My Fuel Costs? by ConceptNova: 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Contrary to popular belief, fuel costs in Nigeria are manageable and they don’t have to overwhelm your business. Do you want ways to cut down on your fuel costs? These 4 pro tips can help.

In recent times, the costs of running a business in Nigeria keep increasing, and when you own or manage a fleet of vehicles, fluctuating fuel prices can seriously affect your profit.

Research shows that fuel costs can constitute 60% of a company’s operating budget, so it is essential for fleet managers to get maximum returns on investment on their fuel spending.

Contrary to popular belief, fuel costs in Nigeria are manageable and they don’t have to overwhelm your business. Do you want ways to cut down on your fuel costs? These 4 pro tips can help.

1. Improve Your Record KeepingWays To Cut Down On Your Fuel Costs
Unless you know exactly what you are spending on fuel, you won’t know whether to cut back on your fuel spending. So, it is important that you keep detailed records of fuel costs.

You should know how much fuel you need per month to the exact litre and to that effect, how much you buy, and how much you use precisely.

Record keeping is important because it exposes thefts and other fuel inefficiencies affecting your profits.

2. Track All The Vehicles In Your Fleet
Vehicle Tracking is important because, in addition to knowing where all your vehicles are at any given time, it also helps you eliminate wasteful driving habits.

Unnecessary idling might seem like nothing big, but those minutes your vehicles spend doing nothing with the engine running add up, and the results will definitely reflect on your fuel consumption and by extension, your fuel costs.

With TIKON Track and Trace, you can now adequately manage all the vehicles in your fleet.

Ways To Cut Down On Your Fuel Costs
3. Service Your Vehicles and Generators Regularly
A well-serviced machine is running in the best shape, and that includes making the best possible use of the fuel in its tank. When you maintain your vehicles and generators regularly, you cut down expensive repair costs in the long run, and these machines make effective non-wasteful use of your fuel.

4. Invest in a Fuel Manager
While it might seem expensive to commission and install, a fuel manager will really help your fuel costs in the long run.

With Concept Nova’s Fuel Control System – FCS, you get accurate reports on how your fuel is being used. You can get alerts on instant fuel drops, turn your engines on and off remotely, and get reports of how every single drop of fuel in your stationary and mobile tanks is being utilized.

concept-nova.com

(1) (Reply)

Truck For Sale / In Need Of A Car For Bolt In Portharcourt / Things To Know About Your Chrysler Lemon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.