Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man (541 Views)

AI's Responses To Why Nigerians Elect Incompentent People As Presidents / Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts / "The North Never Told Us They Do Not Like Suffering And Poverty" - Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by ganisucks(f): 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
The Anambra-born film star argued that top leaders from the ethnic group can end Nigeria’s socio-economic woes.

Edochie spoke during a BBC Igbo programme highlighting concerns about political marginalisation and Igbo people.

He lamented that Nigeria has not had more than one Igbo head of state, more than sixty years after independence.

“Igbo people are Nigerians. In 1956 when Queen Elizabeth came, it was the vehicle of an Igbo man Odumegwu Ojukwu that was used to convey her, since he was one of the richest black man at the time,” the actor said.

“He never asked to be paid. Successful Nigerians in those early times were people of Igbo extraction: Power Mike in boxing, Chinua Achebe in literature. Even Ben Enwonwu, the Nigerian who painted the queen at the time, is Igbo.

“I myself as a successful actor am an Igbo man. Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba are the major ethnic groups in Nigeria. Only once in the history of Nigeria has it emerged that an Igbo person became the head of state in Nigeria.

“That was Aguiyi Ironsi during the military government and his headship was short-lived. Since then, the north and the Yoruba have been sharing power between themselves, apart from Goodluck Jonathan who isn’t even Igbo.”

Edochie, who described Igbos as being resilient by nature, said Nigeria needs Igbo ingenuity and sound leadership.

“Why has power not returned to the Igbo people? Is there a plot by the political elites to sideline the southeast? I’ve lived in the north. I speak Hausa. But it’s long overdue for Nigeria to have a leader of Igbo extraction,” he added.

“You can’t justify marginalising the Igbo people. Igbo can deliver strategic leadership that will transform Nigeria. That is the Igbo way. We’re resilient by nature. The looting of Nigeria’s resources will end with Igbo leadership.

“The problem in Nigeria is greed. Leadership is dominated by northerners but, 60 years after independence, we’ve not ended the electricity problem, when coal-based Oji River supplied power to the whole east before the civil war.
“It’s true we Igbos can’t fold our arms and wait for power to be delivered. But we can’t struggle for it all by ourselves.”

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/pete-edochie-the-looting-of-nigerias-resources-will-end-with-igbo-leadership/

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by colorsofrainbow: 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Dem no dey teli person
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by ganisucks(f): 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
That I believe. Nigerians wipe your tears. Ndigbo are coming. They are coming to Rescue Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Salvador1: 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbo man have the capacity to revive our dying economy.

Give Peter obi the chance.

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by tsinzu: 7:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
Abeg scatter the zoo make all man go answer him papa name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Odin13: 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
The easiest way for igbos To power is through Vice President

And the shortest route to Biafra is via the President

Igbos should stop putting cart before horse .

North 2023

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by seunmsg(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
No wonder there is no poverty and corruption in the south east.

freshkpomo

7 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Odin13: 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2022
seunmsg:

freshkpomo

Yes

Unlike the Yoruba people that majority of them worship corruption and will lay down dia life for corruption personified Tinubu..

Humans.. and live for smelly things

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by mighty2: 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
This old f**l don forget say his region is the poverty capital of southern nigeria, they should firstly end poverty in their unproductive region of cannibals before ending it in nigeria, after doing that we will now consider you people from that side worthy of speaker of house of rep.
ON TINUBU MANDATE I STAND
MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS TINUBU AND HIS LOVERS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by ceragon123: 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Voice of Wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
I've respected this man for his work but in this specific one, I beg to differ with him. Corruption knows no tribe and not specific to a certain group or ethnicity. It is what unites Nigerians unfortunately.... He should look for another reason as to why we should look at the east for a man because there's no saviour in any human form because of their imperfections.

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Ttalk: 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
I quite believe this, give the ticket to Eguavon and see Nigeria soar like Super Eagle
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by LILTJAY: 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lol
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
This is Vladimir Putin's thread.

Vayolence will be everywhere in few minutes to come.

Ama-ara-hia mehn

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by descarado: 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
mighty2:
This old f**l don forget say his region is the poverty capital of southern nigeria, they should firstly end poverty in their unproductive region of cannibals before ending it in nigeria, after doing that we will now consider you people from that side worthy of speaker of house of rep.
Your type is the one who asked that igbo Dr if she is dead yet cos of deep hatred
Pete didn't insist anybody, he isn't a politician but you were very quick to call him a fool.

Do you even know who your dad is?
Do you have a state?
Product of 2 sec, 5 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
Yes 100% correct sir, just like how poverty and corruption has ended in the East and how they are most backward region in Nigeria, How their governors are busy looting their future funds, how they are building low standard facilities and embezzling the rest!! I can't help but laugh at this statement grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by mighty2: 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ttalk:
I quite believe this, give the ticket to Eguavon and see Nigeria soar like Super Eagle
these people think they are speaking to their fellow braind**d yeebow, they should end am first in their unproductive land before talking of ending poverty in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Maxymilliano(m): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
As if we don't have corrupt Igbo politicians.

So Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas, Theodore Orji, Obiano etc, are Fulani abi ?

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by yorubarere: 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
“Igbo people are Nigerians. In 1956 when Queen Elizabeth came, it was the vehicle of an Igbo man Odumegwu Ojukwu that was used to convey her, since he was one of the richest black man at the time,” the actor said.

And I like this man o.

These people and lies and unnecessary ego massage. The queen used the Emir of Kano car. There was no time when Igbo people are richest in Nigeria. They make their own lies, believe it and try to force it on others.

Now I know these people are made like this. Even their elders are fully involved in spreading propaganda and playing victimhood.

They don't know they are damaging their upcoming generation. If you feed them with enough hate, when they grow, they will become unnecessarily suspicious of others.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
seunmsg:

freshkpomo
Your Sarcasm made no sense

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by seunmsg(m): 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
Odin13:

Yes

Unlike the Yoruba people that majority of them worship corruption and will lay down dia life for corruption personified Tinubu..

Humans.. and live for smelly things

Well, figures don’t lie. All available statistics points to the fact that SW is still the most prosperous region in Nigeria and SE is the poverty capital of Southern Nigeria. So you see, the joke is on you and the clown that made the silly statement who couldn’t even make it as an actor in the SE before relocating to Tinubu’s Lagos.

freshkpomo

3 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by seunmsg(m): 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Maxymilliano:
As if we don't have corrupt Igbo politicians.

So Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas, Theodore Orji, Obiano etc, are Fulani abi ?

Yes o, they are all Fulani and Yoruba according to Odin13, 1bunne4lif and Pete Edochie.

freshkpomo
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Okoroawusa: 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
70 year old man!

What a shame what is coming out of the mouth of this man...
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
mighty2:
REspect has eluded you, you call your grandpa's mate a f**l, ride on. You may soon stand on Tinubu's manho*d

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Odin13: 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
seunmsg:

Well, figures don’t lie. All available statistics points to the fact that SW is still the most prosperous region in Nigeria and SE is the poverty capital of Southern Nigeria. So you see, the joke is on you and the clown that made the silly statement who couldn’t even make it as an actor in the SE before relocating to Tinubu’s Lagos.

freshkpomo

Southwest and statistics something you yoruba people the take decieve una self ... by now you know suppose mention statistics near me .

Leave your enclave and travel round Nigeria .. walahi you go shame for your tribe .. if you are an honest man.
Forget politics.. real#

Corruption is everywhere aside Heaven.
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Odin13: 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
seunmsg:

Yes o, they are all Fulani and Yoruba according to Odin13, 1bunne4lif and Pete Edochie.

freshkpomo

But I never said no corruption... “ I said “unlike Yoruba land ....”
it’s a direct one ...
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by mighty2: 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
1bunne4lif:
REspect has eluded you, you call your grandpa's mate a f**l, ride on. You may soon stand on Tinubu's manho*d
you can wail all you want, i don't give a fvck
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by IamWonderful: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Pandora Peter Obi
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by PressMyButton: 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
SilentQueen:
Yes 100% correct sir, just like how poverty and corruption has ended in the East and how they are most backward region in Nigeria, How their governors are busy looting their future funds, how they are building low standard facilities and embezzling the rest!! I can't help but laugh at this statement grin grin grin grin
They can only fool themselves. They make so much noise yet go about stealing pots of soup, I wonder if that's not poverty.

https://www.nairaland.com/6845928/stealing-pots-cooked-soup-increases

2 Likes

Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by edmaraja: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Pete Edochie is right, only an igbo man can deliver Nigeria from this mess.
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Isobug: 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
seunmsg:

freshkpomo

With your fake statistics and data. Allow for a proper survey and see all those your made up statistics negated. You think the people are foolish enough to the extent they don't know you people forge statistics to your favour. A credible Census will shock you gr**dy and self-centred people
Re: Pete Edochie: Corruption And Poverty Will End Once Nigerians Elect An Igbo Man by Think9ja(m): 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Foremost Atheist Declares For Presidency, Vows To Make Nigeria A 1st World / 2023: South-west Leaders Rally Support For Osinbajo, Want Tinubu To Support VP / Score Card Of Apc Led Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.