Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Please Help Me Choose A Right Career Path..... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help Me Choose A Right Career Path..... (274 Views)

Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) / Science, Art Or Commercial? How To Choose The Right Career Path For Your Child / What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Choose A Right Career Path..... by lorenzoinsi: 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hi guys ...please I need career direction from the house..its a lengthy read but please helpful advice is needed and it will be appreciated....

I'm a graduate of industrial chemistry class of '18/19 and I'm done with service. The lack of a substantive job or prospective source of income has had me on my toes.( The normal design of flyers and co has not been paying as it used to). I'm currently running a program on UI/UX design as a way to acquire a skill and make income...I like to design flyers and stuffs.. i want the IT skill to be a side gig that funds the career path......but I really like my course and it's my passion to pursue it...my dream career is working on an oil rig and I know and believe nothing can come between me and it.....
But the career path is what confuses me and I'm a bit confused on the right one to take.....
I'm planning on taking an M.eng program next year in petroleum engineering (drilling)...and while taking the course I will also run drilling programs from oil technical institute...and hopefully by the end of the M.eng program I will start applying for jobs outside the country (seeing as naija no wan geh head)...but I have a lot of fears and doubts which I want the house to help me address......

1::: it is a sure path to take in the industry knowing that I didn't study petroleum engineering as my first degree...
2:::what other path can I take to achieve the dream...
3::::what drilling courses can I take to get me on track....
4::: any advice is needed

This house has helped a whole lot of people with a plethora of problems and I know the house will help me with mine.....God bless
Re: Please Help Me Choose A Right Career Path..... by rickpat(m): 10:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
you can go for drilling courses...but M.eng in petroleum engineering?..I don't think it's possible cus you didn't do a a related engineering course in your first degree....even civil engineering can't do m.eng in petroleum engineering or any engineering outside the civil engineering scope...civil engineering can only do masters in transport and highway engineering, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering,water resources engineering....that's how it works

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Choose A Right Career Path..... by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
Oga go learn work

Being a boss of your own pays
Re: Please Help Me Choose A Right Career Path..... by BirtherOfKings(f): 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
Go become a pastor in Winners
The benefits are heavenly
U even get to make an impact kiss kiss kiss kiss
Congratulations as u tink abt it
Re: Please Help Me Choose A Right Career Path..... by lorenzoinsi: 3:24am On Apr 01, 2022
rickpat:
you can go for drilling courses...but M.eng in petroleum engineering?..I don't think it's possible cus you didn't do a a related engineering course in your first degree....even civil engineering can't do m.eng in petroleum engineering or any engineering outside the civil engineering scope...civil engineering can only do masters in transport and highway engineering, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering,water resources engineering....that's how it works

Thanks a lot....that was really helpful
Re: Please Help Me Choose A Right Career Path..... by 50d33q: 7:30am On Apr 04, 2022
lorenzoinsi:
Hi guys ...please I need career direction from the house..its a lengthy read but please helpful advice is needed and it will be appreciated....

I'm a graduate of industrial chemistry class of '18/19 and I'm done with service. The lack of a substantive job or prospective source of income has had me on my toes.( The normal design of flyers and co has not been paying as it used to). I'm currently running a program on UI/UX design as a way to acquire a skill and make income...I like to design flyers and stuffs.. i want the IT skill to be a side gig that funds the career path......but I really like my course and it's my passion to pursue it...my dream career is working on an oil rig and I know and believe nothing can come between me and it.....
But the career path is what confuses me and I'm a bit confused on the right one to take.....
I'm planning on taking an M.eng program next year in petroleum engineering (drilling)...and while taking the course I will also run drilling programs from oil technical institute...and hopefully by the end of the M.eng program I will start applying for jobs outside the country (seeing as naija no wan geh head)...but I have a lot of fears and doubts which I want the house to help me address......

1::: it is a sure path to take in the industry knowing that I didn't study petroleum engineering as my first degree...
2:::what other path can I take to achieve the dream...
3::::what drilling courses can I take to get me on track....
4::: any advice is needed

This house has helped a whole lot of people with a plethora of problems and I know the house will help me with mine.....God bless

Please where did you learn the UI/UX I am interested
Re: Please Help Me Choose A Right Career Path..... by lorenzoinsi: 11:31am On Apr 06, 2022
50d33q:

Please where did you learn the UI/UX I am interested

Mostly YouTube and Udemy

(1) (Reply)

Latest Update On ASUU And What You Should Do As A Student / Hire A Maths & Physics Tutor For Your Ward(s) Today. / ASUU NEC Extends Rollover Strike By 12 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.