Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. (56273 Views)

You Can Still Meet The Love Of Your Life Before The End Of The Year - DJ Cuppy / Princess Shyngle Divorces Her Husband, Gibril Bala Gaye (Photos) / Marvin Gaye – 35 Years Gone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by illicit(m): 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
Candidlady:

Are you sure you read the whole article?

Imitialy he told his dad to back which he did... Only for the dad to start ranting again .. Marvin still told to dad to quit barking ... But the old man wouldnt listen he was bout to go meet Gaye's mum in the mum.

That was what promoted the beating! He Gaye prolly needed some quiet and peace! And his stewpid dad wasn't helping matters

As a junkie iknow what unpleasant noise does to my brain

He didn't have to beat his dad

If he needs his peace why stay in the man's house.... it's America, why not call the cops

From what u wrote, he is the only loon in that house that doesn't need to be there

There were others in the house

The dad didn't beat or kill d mum did he?

The mum didn't even take sides with the dead him

It's unpleasant chemicals that messes with the brain not family brawl

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Memphis357(m): 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
Buddha3:

Na your papa get poor education!
Nope..... It's YOU that had an extremely poor education. Not my dad nor yours.

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Eastlink(m): 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
illicit:

If he needs his peace why stay in the man's house.... it's America, why not call the cops

From what u wrote, he is the only loon in that house that doesn't need to be there

Exactly, the Dad didn't beat the mom. He never did but tend to raise his voice when speaking to his wife. Marvins life need to be in Netflix so that some hidden truths can be revealed. But I doubt the Mavin estate will allow that.

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by derecho(m): 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
Felt like crying.
I can relate to that emptiness after backsliding. Nothing, not even fame or wealth can fill the gap.
His Revd father too obviously had lost it hence the character at home..His father's lifestyle ahome must have driven him out of wanting anything to do with Church.

He was far from good friends who could point him back to Jesus.

His father allowed the devil to fulfill what he(Gay Sr.) had been saying for years. "I will kill any of my children who dares hit me".

The devil helped the guy get fame and money.
The only thing he could buy for his father who he never got along with was a gun.
Marriage messed up twice. Went to where he didn't feel loved....Hearing his father's voice alone in his depression, would trigger more hate.......

The devil must have been smiling when on his dying bed he said "I couldn't do it myself.. I had him do it.."

So sad

You may look up Sam Cooke too. These guys were just wasted

3 Likes

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by lizlazy(f): 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
Freeman50:
May his soul rest in peace.

Can get over this music of his.

Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On Lyrics
“Let’s Get It On”

I’ve been really tryin’, baby
Tryin’ to hold back this feeling for so long
And if you feel, like I feel baby
Then come on, oh come on, ooh

Let’s get it on, oh baby
Let’s get it on, let’s love baby
Let’s get it on, sugar
Let’s get it on, whoa

We’re all sensitive people
With so much to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be here
Let’s live, I love you

There’s nothin’ wrong with me
Lovin’ you, baby love, love
And givin’ yourself to me can never be wrong
If the love is true, oh baby

(Let me love you)
Don’t you know how sweet and wonderful life can be? Oh, oh
(Let me love you)
I’m askin’ you baby to get it on with me, oh oh
(Let me love you)
(Let me love you)
I ain’t gonna worry, I ain’t gonna push
(Let me love you)
I won’t push you baby
(Let me love you)
So come on, come on, come on, come on baby
Stop beatin’ ’round the bush, hey

Let’s get it on, let’s get it on
You know what I’m talkin’ ’bout
Come on baby, hey, hey
Let your love come out
If you believe in love
Let’s get it on, ooh, let’s get it on baby
This minute, oh yeah let’s get it on
Please, let’s get it on
I know you know what I been dreamin’ of, don’t you baby?
(My body wants some)
My whole body makes that feelin’ of love, I’m happy
(My body wants some)
I ain’t gonna worry, no I ain’t gonna push
I won’t push you baby, woo
Come on, come on, come on, come on darling
Stop beatin’ ’round the bush
Oh, gonna get it on, threatenin’ you, baby
I wanna get it on
You don’t have to worry that it’s wrong
If the spirit moves you
Let me groove you good
Let your love come down
Oh, get it on, come on baby
Do you know the meaning?
I’ve been sanctified, hey hey
Girl, you give me good feeling
So good somethin’ like sanctified
Oh do right baby
Nothing wrong with love
If you want to love me just let yourself go
Oh baby, let’s get it on

Hmm!!! "Let's Get it on" my favourite

2 Likes

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by DaveHarry(m): 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
"maybe there'll come a time when I won't be sad 'n' lonely..."
Gaye too get lyrics

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
Memphis357:

Nope..... It's YOU that had an extremely poor education. Not my dad nor yours.

Just for the records, whatever education you believe you've had panes to utter insignificance where mine makes a bold statement. So petter down on the audacious chest beating simply because I opted to have fun.

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Candidlady: 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
illicit:

Yeah iknow !!! But how come his dad brought a gun to a knife fight?.. Bloody coward if you ask me! And iam sure his dad too was on substance

Very good question illicit.. Now you know ican afford to get my own place rather than stay with my parents? Damn icould even decide to go stay with friends that iwont pay a dime to feed and get stoned as much as iwant.. But here iam in my parents place

You wanna ask why ba?

Because iwas told ineeded my family around to help me transit into this sober quest that iam on now.

°°°°iam talking too much°°°

No matter what his mum will always scold him cuz he was actually punching his dad.. Iunderstand your point here but ibet his dad must have been on some kinda stuffs to shoot his own kid twice.

Shot him first ... Then again to confirm his kill! Dude reason an abeg...

His dad is mentally unstable..

°°°damn imiss getting stoned°°° cry

3 Likes

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by illicit(m): 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
Candidlady:

Yeah iknow !!! But how come his dad brought a gun to a knife fight?.. Bloody coward if you ask me! And iam sure his dad too was on substance

Very good question illicit.. Now you know ican afford to get my own place rather than stay with my parents? Damn icould even decide to go stay with friends that iwont pay a dime to feed and get stoned as much as iwant.. But here iam in my parents place

You wanna ask why ba?

Because iwas told ineeded my family around to help me transit into this sober quest that iam on now.

°°°°iam talking too much°°°

No matter what his mum will always scold him cuz he was actually punching his dad.. Iunderstand your point here but ibet his dad must have been on some kinda stuffs to shoot his own kid twice.

Shot him first ... Then again to confirm his kill! Dude reason an abeg...

His dad is mentally unstable..

°°°damn imiss getting stoned°°° cry

Well his dad's doesn't use substance tho from all reports, maybe got yelling problem tho

He was provoked, angry and humiliated, why he shot him twice

He has always warn them of such repercussion, Gaye intentionally provoked him as he self confessed while dying

Don't compare urself to Gaye tho, he was richer and older and depressed

I like it when u are stoned wink

The best bj I ever got was from a junkie, almost ate my banana and nuts cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Candidlady: 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
illicit:

1. Well his dad's doesn't use substance tho from all reports, maybe got yelling problem tho

2. He was provoked, angry and humiliated, why he shot him twice

3. He has always warn them of such repercussion, Gaye intentionally provoked him as he self confessed while dying

4. Don't compare urself to Gaye tho, he was richer and older and depressed

5. I like it when u are stoned wink

6. The best bj I ever got was from a junkie, almost ate my banana and nuts cheesy

1. Yelling problem? Sweetie his dad got anger management issues.. What is yelling problem?

2. You castigate a druggie for beating up his father yet failed to address a person with anger issues that shot someone twice! It is better Iam a druggie that suffer from anger management. You should be scared of a temperamental person! They are deadly

3. Lies lies.. Where you read am.. He saw it coming.. Gaye was suicidal... Even had a close encounter with a suicidal/depressed person? They tend to say things that only make to them

4. Depression is no respecter of age or wealth.. If you like own the whole world and be wise as king Solomon na rehab you go land put.. If rehab no fit solve your problem you go home and they start giving you intensive care! With all your wealth your shrink will be the one to dictate what's best for you! All junkies suffer from depression don't be deceived!! I get depressed too

5. Yeah ilove me when iam stoned but ijust have to find other source of joy outside the heaven dust

6. Ican imagine lol

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by scobaba: 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
What happened to his father after the incidence. Did he face the law?

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by LINTUNE(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
Op God bless u for this piece..quite educative and interesting.

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by illicit(m): 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
Candidlady:

1. Yelling problem? Sweetie his dad got anger management issues.. What is yelling problem?

2. You castigate a druggie for beating up his father yet failed to address a person with anger issues that shot someone twice! It is better Iam a druggie that suffer from anger management. You should be scared of a temperamental person! They are deadly

3. Lies lies.. Where you read am.. He saw it coming.. Gaye was suicidal... Even had a close encounter with a suicidal/depressed person? They tend to say things that only make to them

4. Depression is no respecter of age or wealth.. If you like own the whole world and be wise as king Solomon na rehab you go land put.. If rehab no fit solve your problem you go home and they start giving you intensive care! With all your wealth your shrink will be the one to dictate what's best for you! All junkies suffer from depression don't be deceived!! I get depressed too

5. Yeah ilove me when iam stoned but ijust have to find other source of joy outside the heaven dust

6. Ican imagine lol

Yeah yeah yeah

Sha don't beat ur pops one day o
Lol

I will like to see u stoned tho wink

Maybe I can get lucky again tongue

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by sisisioge: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
Wow! Thank you for bringing this year....I love this guy like air! He was simply the best! May God continue to rest him well fa....I honestly dont understand depression or how someone would kill another human being. His son fa shocked
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Vinceobrian(m): 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
Was patiently reading to see where it was said "his father gunned him down for singing sexual healing ".
Still painful though

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Candidlady: 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
illicit:

Yeah yeah yeah

Sha don't beat ur pops one day o
Lol

I will like to see u stoned tho wink

Maybe I can get lucky again tongue

He misbehaves or try to lay a finger on my mum... He'd dance to the drums of soldier boys cheesy

Iknow he won't/can't sha!

Iam a changed being

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Belleful: 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
Family affair. Pikin buy gun for papa to take kill am. No b juju be that?
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by EgusiShankly: 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
Czario:
It's risky for an over 35 yr old to remain in the family house.
He bought the house himself
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Czario: 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
EgusiShankly:

He bought the house himself

It's a shame...could have still vacated the place for them and accommodate himself, he could afford it.
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by harmargedon: 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2022
Higgies:
He's not known.
You had to introduce him that much yet he doesn't ring bell.

RIP to him though.
that's because you don't listen to music
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by EvangelistChuks(m): 7:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
You hit your father; depravity.
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by ScamDemicEra: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
His most important work in my opinion is the 1981 album "In Our Lifetime ?"
and his most important song is "Life Is For Learning" from that album.
The Song is a DISCLOSURE Song artists and listeners should pay attention to.
The artist does pay the price -his own life is a stark example.

The artist pays the price
So you won't have to pay
If only we would listen
To what they have to say

There are songs from wisdom
There are songs from satan
There are songs from lovin'
And there are songs from hatin'

There are songs from lust
And there are songs from pain
Some songs were done by chosen men
Some from men, insane

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Bbbw: 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
Oh
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by spiceadole: 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
I wasn't up to 10 years old in the 90s .. when I started hearing about Marvin Gaye.. as my terrorist father couldn't stop bragging and threatening me and my siblings..

"Marvin Gaye was killed by his father.. I will Kill you and nobody will ask me".

Grateful we survived childhood.
Grateful for growth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by omoyankee3(m): 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
So sad that one of the greatest love song crooners felt unloved. His songs where the best baby makers.

"She wants some Marvin Gaye, some Luther Vandros, a little Aliyah, would probably set this party on fire"

- Jamie Foxx
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by MusicMod(f): 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
Buddha3:
You need mending!
Everyone is destined to die.
The manner of death is the point.

Buddha3:
OP, shebi you dey ment ni?

Because Marvin Gaye died, you just photocopied his entire wikipedia page here for us to read. Is he the first popular musician to die?
(1) Wikipedia is just one of my sources. Marvin's death and Funeral is an incident before my birth.

(2)He is the first to die by his father's hand on the eve of his 42nd Birthday.(He bought his Father the pistol for self defense)

(3) Another posthumous birthday will be celebrated tomorrow in his remembrance.
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by EgusiShankly: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Czario:

It's a shame...could have still vacated the place for them and accommodate himself, he could afford it.
He came home for his Mom who's recuperating from surgery at the time.
Can't really fault him
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by MartinsD12(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
MusicMod:
Footnotes
Awards And Honors:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum (1987)
Grammy Award (1982)

A year after his death, then-mayor of D.C., Marion Barry declared April 2 as "Marvin Gaye Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund Day" in the city.
In 1990, after years of petitions and letters, Gaye was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, with one of its most prominent letters written by longtime fan Eddie Murphy. Six years later, in 1996, Gaye posthumously received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2006, an old park that Gaye frequented as a teenager, the former Watts Branch Park, was renamed Marvin Gaye Park in his honor.
Three years later, in 2009, the 5200 block of Foote Street NE in Deanwood, Washington, D.C., was renamed Marvin Gaye Way.

On November 20, 2018, the United States Postal Service announced that Marvin Gaye would be featured on a first class postage stamp, as part of the Postal Service's Music Icons series (past honorees include Elvis Presley and John Lennon).
In 2008, Gaye's estate earned $3.5 million (US$4,207,032 in 2020 dollars. As a result, Gaye took 13th place in "Top-Earning Dead Celebrities" in Forbes magazine.

What's Going On (50th Anniversary) has been released on today.
A Birthday Tribute to the Life & Music of Marvin Gaye has also been scheduled to hold on Friday, April 8, 2022, 9:30 PM at
Bunkers Music Bar,
761 N Washington Avenue
Minneaopolis, MN 55401,
United States.
Blessed talented people always have demons tormenting them , he was such a great singer even more talented than Micheal Jackson or maybe in same range his song sexual healing is such a soulful melodious, peaceful love song you ever in this world and to think that such a person who sang such a lovely song had dermons tormenting him is an irony of the song , the father self no try he should have been jailed for murder

1 Like

Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Ishilove: 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2022
Marvin Gaye described his depression during an interview a year before his death. “I was at my lowest ebb. I really didn’t feel like I was loved. Because I didn’t feel loved

The irony. They sing about love yet don't know what it means.

How can you strike your own father? He obviously had a death wish and he got what he had been looking for for years.
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by duchaB(m): 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
Marvin, he was a friend of mine, and he could sing and song....his heart in everyline...
Marvin...sang of the joy and pain..
He opened up our minds and i still can hear him say " Talk to me, so you can see, what going on....say you will sing your song forever more

Just know marvin is doing fine on the Night shift..
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Elidrisy20: 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
I hear say na him papa kill am?
Re: Marvin Gaye: His Life Before His Painful Death. by Dynamite02: 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2022
He's known to a generation...as in world famous.
There's a generation that won't know Michael Jackson, they even exist now .

Higgies:
He's not known.
You had to introduce him that much yet he doesn't ring bell.

RIP to him though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toni Braxton’s Skimpy Dress Comes Off, Exposes Her Behind On Stage / Omotola's Husband Must Hear This (photo) / Empress Njamah Wears Cleavage-Baring Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.