Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... (1338 Views)

El-Rufai: Boko Haram, Bandits Are Different From IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu / Shehu Sani Asks Nigerians To 'vote For God' After Buhari's Comment On Border... / Al-Jazeera’s Mehdi Hasan Asks The Questions Nigerian Journalists Fail To Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by MadamVanessa(f): 8:31am On Apr 01, 2022
Shehu Sani has asked what the point is in asking citizens to link their SIM to their National Identification Number (NIN) since it hasn't reduced criminal activities in any way.

The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, said last year that linking SIM cards to NIN will enhance security as it would help security operatives to go after kidnappers and other criminals.

He said, "Some of the security institutions, based on the cybercrime law, are allowed to gain access to the database without coming to us because the database allows for lawful intercept. That lawful intercept was allowed in order to support our security agencies."

President Muhammadu Buhari also called on Nigerians to participate in the synchronization of National Identification Number (NIN) with SIM cards across the country, as it will provide a digital framework for improving security and strengthening the economy.

However, after bandits attacked a train along the Abuja-Kaduna track and kidnapped some passengers, Senator Shehu Sani is now asking why Nigerians were asked to link their SIM to their NIN in the first place since the bandits have been making calls to the families of their victims and no one has been arrested.

He tweeted: "The Train Kidnappers are freely making calls to the families of their hostages;What happened to the SIM card registration and the NIN hoopla?"
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/4/shehu-sani-asks-the-essence-of-linking-sim-to-nin-since-bandits-are-calling-family-of-victims-without-being-identified.html

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by MadamVanessa(f): 8:34am On Apr 01, 2022
shocked

The essence of Muhammadu Buhari government is to stress the hell out of Nigerians.

16 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by SadiqBabaSani: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2022
Buhari came but to steal Kill and destroy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Pdalds: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2022
Its a pity
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Maxymilliano(m): 8:43am On Apr 01, 2022
cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Shalommy(f): 8:44am On Apr 01, 2022
Aboki are fools.. Anything from aboki is trash.. I didn't and will not link my sim to nin or whatever. Chaii

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by tutudesz: 8:44am On Apr 01, 2022
Seriously what is the need of BVN and NIN undecided
Government said BVN will reduce Corruption and guess what, Corruption is very high undecided
NIN will improve security and it will be easy to track Criminals, we never hear any news of criminals arrested with the help of NIN undecided
Now 5G will improve security grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Dankovich1: 8:46am On Apr 01, 2022
Q
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Flamees(m): 8:47am On Apr 01, 2022
I just dey wonder how Apc go take do campaign
Wetin dem go tell the masses these time around?
That Tinubu will crush bandit? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Sergio101(m): 8:48am On Apr 01, 2022
And this particular thing caused a pure increase in sim cards prize we normally get for free previously cry

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Sergio101(m): 8:50am On Apr 01, 2022
Shalommy:
Aboki are fools.. Anything from aboki is trash.. I didn't and will not link my sim to nin or whatever. Chaii

Exactly!!

More reason this nation needs to be divided.

I mean we ain't compatible at all

5 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Dankovich1: 8:51am On Apr 01, 2022
A very reasonable question from Mr Sani...

As for Me, Myself and I, the very day I'll link my NIN to my SIMs is the very day a general roll call will be made and I find out that I'm the only person left to do the God forsaken registration.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Sergio101(m): 8:53am On Apr 01, 2022
tutudesz:
Seriously what is the need of BVN and NIN undecided
Government said BVN will reduce Corruption and guess what, Corruption is very high undecided
NIN will improve security and it will be easy to track Criminals, we never hear any news of criminals arrested with the help of NIN undecided
Now 5G will improve security grin

You were supporting this darling daddy government before cheesy
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by greatiyk4u(m): 8:59am On Apr 01, 2022
ILLOGICAL QUESTION I MUST SAY.

Many have not linked their sim to NIN yet their numbers haven't been blocked, why don't you think the phone numbers used by bandits aren't linked yet?

Until it is made mandatory we can't start to conclusively blame NIN linking inefficiency.

Until you force Nigerians they won't voluntarily link their NIN.
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by tutudesz: 8:59am On Apr 01, 2022
Sergio101:

You were supporting this darling daddy government before cheesy
Supporting who undecided abeg bring any of my comment were I was supporting Buhari or APC undecided
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Druggey(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2022
Shalommy:
u sounded just like ur father. A bigger fool cool

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Illuminatiship(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Buhari came but to steal Kill and destroy
and your tinubu can't give you good food and life abundantly..
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Alexpre11: 9:28am On Apr 01, 2022
Still don't know
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:59am On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:

ILLOGICAL QUESTION I MUST SAY.

Many have not linked their sim to NIN yet their numbers haven't been blocked, why don't you think the phone numbers used by bandits aren't linked yet?

Until it is made mandatory we can't start to conclusively blame NIN linking inefficiency.

Until you force Nigerians they won't voluntarily link their NIN.
You expect bandits to do NIN-SIM linkage?
Who is this guy
Do you realise bandits actually call their victim's family with the victim's phones?
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Perfectbeing(m): 10:12am On Apr 01, 2022
The NIN sim linkage is not directly to end insecurity but to put as many Nigerians as possible in a National database..

And why are we expecting to see improvement in the security when the FG haven't blocked unlinked sims. Some people still haven't linked their sim cards. So till then what Sani is saying is trash..

The government should give a deadline and implement blockage of unlinked sims after the deadline. Maybe they should unblock it again after a week to give those people with strong head a final chance to link their sims.

Note: NIN would not stop criminals from using stolen sims to perpetuate their crimes.
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by greatiyk4u(m): 10:24am On Apr 01, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Who is this guy
Do you realise bandits actually call their victim's family with the victim's phones?

Your question should be directed to Sani as it only validated my assertion
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:05am On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:

Your question should be directed to Sani as it only validated my assertion
It does not. Your assertion is that if everyone does the linkage, then the bandits' lines will be blocked. I'm then informing you that they don't even have their own personal lines. Besides, El-Rufai said they can listen to the bandit's calls and know where they are through the calls. This is all without the linkage.
So explain the usefulness of the linkage again
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by greatiyk4u(m): 11:16am On Apr 01, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It does not. Your assertion is that if everyone does the linkage, then the bandits' lines will be blocked. I'm then informing you that they don't even have their own personal lines. Besides, El-Rufai said they can listen to the bandit's calls and know where they are through the calls. This is all without the linkage.
So explain the usefulness of the linkage again

When linked, not just the identities of the caller but also the location will be determined...........

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:29am On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:

When linked, not just the identities of the caller but also the location will be determined...........
Stop saying what you don't know. Nin_sim linkage will not show you the caller's location. Caller location is obtained through GPS and geolocation tech. Nin_sim linkage is actually useless when you consider that people do sim reg before they can use their lines
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by greatiyk4u(m): 11:36am On Apr 01, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Stop saying what you don't know. Nin_sim linkage will not show you the caller's location. Caller location is obtained through GPS and geolocation tech. Nin_sim linkage is actually useless when you consider that people do sim reg before they can use their lines

Continue your pride in ignorance, since you ain't paying me I owe you no obligation to teach and enlighten you,.......remain with your little knowledge of sim-NIN linkage purposes and be happy

Have a nice day.
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Tetrahedron: 11:38am On Apr 01, 2022
To gather information about where to inform the bandits to attack next!
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Tetrahedron: 11:39am On Apr 01, 2022
Flamees:
I just dey wonder how Apc go take do campaign
Wetin dem go tell the masses these time around?
That Tinubu will crush bandit? grin

Really it be interesting to hear Tinubu’s campaign lies.
Will he throw buhari under the bus?
Will he blame PDP govt?
Will he blame Fashola for poor performance?
Will he blame yahoo-boys for Nigerian economy or russian war?

If you vote APC then your generation deserves eternal suffering

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:41am On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:

Continue your pride in ignorance, since you ain't paying me I owe you no obligation to teach and enlighten you,.......remain with your little knowledge of sim-NIN linkage purposes and be happy

Have a nice day.
You're the ignorant one. To have even claimed that Nin_Sim linkage is useful for detecting position of a caller shows how clueless you are about the subject. You just want to defend for the sake of a loaf of bread.
Begone. You do not impress me with your incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Cashio(m): 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:

Have a nice day.
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by Cashio(m): 12:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:

Have a nice day.
shut up, you have nothing useful to say. See him bragging to teach rubbish.
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by emmy512: 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Who is this guy
triangulation gives location of any caller. You dont need only id
Re: Shehu Sani Asks The Essence Of Linking SIM To NIN Since Bandits Are .......... by emmy512: 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2022
greatiyk4u:

Have a nice day.
he is right NIN and sim link only identifies . Nothing else

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje & Bode George Warning Tinubu Will Replicate State Capture Federally / The British Accepts OBI Presidency / Unravelling The Real Identity Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.