Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

No Fear At All - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / No Fear At All (384 Views)

Which Wild Animal Do You Fear Most? / My Fear Of Dogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Fear At All by Reggaemich(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
Why are mangoose not afraid of snakes,

Is it their will power or what

Any idea

Re: No Fear At All by RYEOFARMS(m): 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2022
They have a very long hair coat that the fangs of the cobra can’t easily penetrate and even when it does the mongoose is capable of resisting the venom to some extent. And they’re equally matched in terms of speedy reflexes

1 Like

Re: No Fear At All by Reggaemich(m): 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
RYEOFARMS:
They have a very long hair coat that the fangs of the cobra can’t easily penetrate and even when it does the mongoose is capable of resisting the venom to some extent. And they’re equally matched in terms of speedy reflexes
thanks

I think the mangoose usually strike or

Go for the skull of the snake during a fight

1 Like

Re: No Fear At All by Voldoz: 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2022
Reggaemich:
Why are mangoose not afraid of snakes,

Is it their will power or what

Any idea

Mongoose sees snakes as cheap meals, mongoose are not immune to snake venom but rather their body does not react with the Neuro toxins in the venom, as stated above their reflexes are on another level if you ask me mongoose was created to shred snakes
Re: No Fear At All by SHINJA: 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
Another bad ass

(1) (Reply)

12 Months Old GSD For Sale / Puppy For Sale / AVANTIS Puppy Dry Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.