Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,436 members, 7,954,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:11 AM

Stories We Read But Did Not See By King Olulu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stories We Read But Did Not See By King Olulu (249 Views)

It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. / The King's Men By Olumide Holloway (king Olulu, Not From Zulu) / This "Prophet" Warned But Did We Listen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stories We Read But Did Not See By King Olulu by olulu(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
She placed his food on the table and sat down at the other side of the long table. It was the farthest point away from him.

She heard him as he hurried out of the bathroom to dress up. A short while later he sat down to eat.

She watched in silence as he ate. She smiled as some of the stew got entangled on his moustache as he swallowed a mouthful.

He looked up suddenly and caught her watching him. She looked away quickly, glancing down at her food, which she had barely touched.

He stared at her, wanting to go to her, lift her up, hug her and ravish her body. It has been long, too long. He tried to smile at her but it came off as a grimace.

He grabbed a jug of water and poured it down his throat. He belched, stood up and left the room.

She watched him go, hoping in her heart he would turn around and come to her. She needed him close to her. She needed his touch, to feel his lips against her forehead and her bosom squashed against his chest.

The door closed. She sighed. She blew out the candle and sat in the darkness of the emerging dawn.

It was her fault that they were as good as being bankrupt. Any more of what they had been doing and they might be homeless, living on the streets and begging for food to survive.

She counted herself lucky that at least he still came back home every night, even if it was separate rooms.

She didn't blame him, 12 years was long enough to lose hope of ever getting a cure for her condition.

Suddenly, there was a growing noise of people shouting as they walked on the street. It was not a usual occurrence. She stood up and moved to the window to see what the commotion was about.

She watched as people thronged a man, everyone trying to get close to him. Suddenly, one of the rulers of the synagogue forced his way through the crowd to the man and fell at his feet. The man stopped to listen to the ruler and moments later, the man started to follow the ruler.

She stood at the window with a puzzled look on her face. "Who is this man that the ruler bowed to?"

Curiosity got the better of her so she quickly exited the apartment. She rushed downstairs and out of the building.

She moved close to a man walking behind the crowd.

"Pray tell, who are they all following?"

"You don't know Jesus?"

"Jesus? Is it the Jesus that people call the great preacher and healer?"

"Yes, he is the one." Then he gave her a sharp look, "you smell like one who is unclean. You should not be here." And he hurried away from beside her.

Her heart began to pound fast as she continued to walk behind the crowd. Perhaps, if I could touch him, maybe, just maybe...she thought to herself.

Adrenaline set in and she moved swiftly to catch up with the crowd. She then crouched down and deftly moved between the crowd till she came up behind Jesus.

As gently as she could managed, she touched the hem of His garment.

Immediately she felt in her body that she was healed. And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, "Who touched my clothes?"

Everybody around Him denied it and those with Him said, "Master, the people throng and press You, and You say, 'Who touched Me?' "

But Jesus said, "Somebody touched Me, for I perceived power going out from Me."

Then the woman came trembling before Him and fell down at His feet.

"I have had an irregular flow of blood for 12 years. I spent my life savings on physicians to be healed. But none could heal me. So I used the small faith I have to see if touching You will give me what I desperately desire."

And Jesus said to her, "Daughter, be of good cheer, your faith has made you well. Go in peace."

Signed
Olumide Holloway (King Olulu)
Inspired by Matthew 5: 22-32 and Luke 8: 40-48

Re: Stories We Read But Did Not See By King Olulu by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
Very good.

And she went home and fell into her husband's arms and the rest is history.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/04/2022 / Mysterious Fire Destroys Prophet TB Joshua’s Tomb, Guts Away Property / Deborah Samuel's Gruesome Murder:what Amazing Revelations.!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.