Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. (990 Views)

Why Do Most Breadwinner Wives Deprive Their Husbands Intimacy In Marriage? / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by YINKS89(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
I was having a discussion with my friend when he said his father in law hates him, so I asked why? His reply was my wife took a loan from her place of work to buy a car and she's expected to pay back within a year and am like how does that translate to your father in law hating you? His response shocked me; he said the man thought he is the one instigating his daughter against her whenever he asks for money not knowing that she borrowed money to buy a car and a chunk of the money is been deducted from her salary every month making her to cut her expenses.

So it got me asking is she the one fending for the family and he said yes.

So my question is this? How do female bread winners handle this?

Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
Female breadwinners I’m waiting to read ooo make una kom gist us as e dy be

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by DoctorOlasDesk: 2:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
Interesting
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by YINKS89(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
Iyaebe:
Female breadwinners I’m waiting to read ooo make una kom gist us as e dy be
it's something that has been bothering me coz my girlfriend also happens to be a breadwinner
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2022
YINKS89:
it's something that has been bothering me coz my girlfriend also happens to be a breadwinner
lol can’t you support her?
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
YINKS89:
Is there anything wrong with your finances as a couple? If not then no issues to see here.
There's nothing wrong here, the father in-law is just being manipulative and petty.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
YINKS89:
ISo it got me asking is she the one fending for the family and he said yes.

Well, just as you have male breadwinners, you should also expect to have female breadwinners. I don't understand why this is a topic at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by DoctorOlasDesk: 2:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
YINKS89:

Why importing reality that has not existed in your relationship from one to yours? Be mature and stop looking for what isn't missing. You're a man,act like one

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by YINKS89(m): 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Why importing reality that has not existed in your relationship from one to yours? Be mature and stop looking for what isn't missing. You're a man,act like one
that of my friend is so real I can assure you that and am not importing anything just asking to see how they balance this without having any issue
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Darammliveth(m): 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
My girlfriend is the baby of their house. No pressure at all because all her elder siblings are living comfortably.
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by DoctorOlasDesk: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
YINKS89:
that of my friend is so real I can assure you that and am not importing anything just asking to see how they balance this without having any issue

Your behavior is wrong. I'm busy bro. I hope you figure it out yourself
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by YINKS89(m): 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, just as you have male breadwinners, you should also expect to have female breadwinners. I don't understand why this is a topic at all. undecided
the world we live in sees female just to assist so in a case where she is now carrying that burden which we feel should be carried by men then it calls for debate
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
YINKS89:
the world we live in sees female just to assist so in a case where she is now carrying that burden which we feel should be carried by men then it calls for debate
The world who lives in? Women have carried the same exact burden that man have since the very beginning.. .. that some chose over time to live ignorant of this does not change the truth of what is reality. undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by YINKS89(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2022
Olasyke:

Is there anything wrong with your finances as a couple? If not then no issues to see here.
There's nothing wrong here, the father in-law is just being manipulative and petty.
not me per say but if you read what I just said, I never in anyway said there are having financial problem but the man feels the wife is not doing enough because of the husband and he's not in the position to tell the father in law the wife collected loan
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Maxxim: 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
Men whose wife are bread winners needs to cover their faces in shame, for fvcks sake why should that be.
What happened to their life Purpose?

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
Maxxim:
Men whose wife are bread winners needs to cover their faces in shame, for fvcks sake why should that be.
What happened to their life Purpose?
Why isn't a woman allowed to be a breadwinner if that works best for her marriage and maybe her personality? Why must rules for living be dictated by your traditions when life is instead meant to be lived freely? undecided

I have observed females who are happy and proud to be breadwinners to what is their family. Why should it all be about the man's ego? undecided

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Maxxim: 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why isn't a woman allowed to be a breadwinner if that works best for her marriage and maybe her personality? Why must rules for living be dictated by your traditions when life is instead meant to be lived freely? undecided

I have observed females who are happy and proud to be breadwinners to what is their family. Why should it all be about the man's ego? undecided
Never did I mention about women becoming bread winners, idk who you wrote these epistle to, my post was targeted to men, gtf

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Cutehector(m): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Men should take care of their old age.
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Truvelisback(m): 3:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
YINKS89:
I was having a discussion with my friend when he said his father in law hates him, so I asked why? His reply was my wife took a loan from her place of work to buy a car and she's expected to pay back within a year and am like how does that translate to your father in law hating you? His response shocked me; he said the man thought he is the one instigating his daughter against her whenever he asks for money not knowing that she borrowed money to buy a car and a chunk of the money is been deducted from her salary every month making her to cut her expenses.

So it got me asking is she the one fending for the family and he said yes.

Female Bread winners are few. Infact, very few compared to male.
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by YINKS89(m): 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Truvelisback:
Female Bread winners are few. Infact, very few compared to male.
the fact that they don't come out doesn't mean they are few, it might be their husband is the one taking up the responsibility
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by olabrinks(f): 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
it doesn't work in the long run especially for african men and women. There will be problems in the house.
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by Ekwutox: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
A woman should NOT be the sole provider in an African household. Trust me, there is no benefit to it at all for her.
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by YINKS89(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
olabrinks:
it doesn't work in the long run especially for african men and women. There will be problems in the house.
exactly my point
Re: When Your Wife Is The Breadwinner Of Her Family. by YINKS89(m): 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ekwutox:
A woman should NOT be the sole provider in an African household. Trust me, there is no benefit to it at all for her.
is it about the benefit or doing it for your family

(1) (Reply)

Revelation-my Wife Cannot Bear Children For Me Unless / GIVEAWAY PRICE!!! 110k!!! Lenovo V14 14inch 1TB Laptop For Sale (SOLD) / I Pity Any Woman That Will Marry All This So Called Alpha Male Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.