Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State (3595 Views)

1888 Census Of Lagos Colony Showing The Indigenous People Of Lagos / The Indigenous Igbo People Carved Into Kogi State: By Maazi Ogbonnaya Okoro / "The Death Of Cross River State Happened In 2007” – Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by OyiboUgbo04: 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
Isobo is An Igbo community in Cross River State, They are mainly found in Obubra Local Government Area with Three communities, Otaka (Isobo Otaka), BikoBiko (Isobo Biko Biko) and Ezomezo (Isobo Ezomezo).. The Isobo people are predominantly famers, their major farm produce are Rice and Yam. The Isobo people are also found in Yakurr and Abi Local Government in Cross River and Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State..

I visited the community few days back.. You can read about them or watch the short video I made Below.

https://outravelandtour.com/among-isobo-people-the-indigenous-igbo-of-cross-river-state/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WVZ37kXsp4

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Fahdiga(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
Why not IPOB Isobo?

2 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Totilopussylick(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
One Love cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by oilPUSSY(f): 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
It's normal..

Apart from Imo and osun states, all other states in southern Nigeria are multiethnic states..

4 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by BSdetective: 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
Shameless gumbodies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by OyiboUgbo04: 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
Isobo Otaka.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Fahdiga:
Why not IPOB Isobo?
Please don't destroy this beautiful thread .I take God beg you

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by OyiboUgbo04: 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Isobo Community, Obubra Local Government Area, Cross River State.

8 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nice one op, former governor Imoke is also an Igbo from Cross River state ie Abi LGA which is across the river in Afikpo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by OyiboUgbo04: 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Isobo Otaka People.

4 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by OyiboUgbo04: 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
At Isobo BikoBiko community

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by EQUALROGHT: 4:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
This is beautiful visiting these wonderful people. More grease to your elbow

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by gidgiddy: 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
OyiboUgbo04:
Isobo is An Igbo community in Cross River State, They are mainly found in Obubra Local Government Area with Three communities, Otaka (Isobo Otaka), BikoBiko (Isobo Biko Biko) and Ezomezo (Isobo Ezomezo).. The Isobo people are predominantly famers, their major farm produce are Rice and Yam. The Isobo people are also found in Yakurr and Abi Local Government in Cross River and Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State..

I visited the community few days back.. You can read about them or watch the short video I made Below.

https://outravelandtour.com/among-isobo-people-the-indigenous-igbo-of-cross-river-state/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WVZ37kXsp4

Bro thanks for sharing this. I have heard about the Isobo-Igbos of Cross River but this is the first I have seen them being interviewed. I dont know why they were carved into Cross River, they should have been put in Ebonyi State

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by christejames(m): 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
Igbo is ubiquitous, they are everywhere...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by ThinkSmarter: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
That's typical of most border communities.
We also have Cross River people in Igbo land, though they have been assimilated due to intermarriage and acculturation.
Most people in the border share 50:50 DNA with the two border tribes.

6 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by CALEB1590(m): 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
Thank you op for the enlightenment
Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by 9Pluto(m): 4:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
@OyiboUgbo004, let me commend you on this noble effort in going the extramile to educate Nigerians. Hopefully, this will help erase some misconceptions or ignorance about the multiethnic diversity of the SS geopolitical zone.

I read the more detailed account you posted on twitter and I wish you posted such details here to help tame folks that would be coming here to throw vitrol as usual.

Kindly include videos where indigenes are speaking in their native tongue. You could upload like the video of that young man you interviewed and the women who were dancing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Mhykel217(m): 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nice Nice
Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by ResidentSnitch(f): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
BSdetective:
Shameless gumbodies.
Brother, please come back home and take your drugs... You left home since last night and everyone is worried.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by F4ku: 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
BSdetective:
Shameless gumbodies.

Why is facts above paining you?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by BKayy: 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
Datikwerreboi:
I'm Ikwerre and I'm Igbo
Stop this nonsense, e no dey reign again. The era of you lots smearing Igbo name for relevance has passed. You forgot that Nairaland show post history.

We are not recruiting. Learn to respect yourself.

Thank you and God bless. Ikwerrian

12 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
oilPUSSY:
It's normal..

Apart from Imo and osun states, all other states in southern Nigeria are multiethnic states..

Anambra is not a multi ethnic group. The state is inhabited by people of omambala ethnic nationality.
Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by BKayy: 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
Osagyefo98:

Anambra is not a multi ethnic group. The state is inhabited by people of omambala ethnic nationality.
LOL. So this is the end point of the mission impossible you people have been working on for the last few years.

Omambala ethnic nationality? grin

Do we look like Ikwerre people to you zoo men?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
Datikwerreboi:
I'm Ikwerre and I'm Igbo

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 front page

Lolz

You need peace.
Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
BKayy:

LOL. So this is the end point of the mission impossible you people have been working on for the last few years.

Omambala ethnic nationality? grin

Do we look like Ikwerre people to you zoo men?

Who are you please?
Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by BKayy: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
Osagyefo98:

Who are you please?
One of the owners of the barn you are trying in vain to destroy and you?

5 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
Datikwerreboi:
I'm Ikwerre and I'm Igbo

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 front page
ikwerre are not Igbo ,thank you.
please keep to your ikwerre mister.

10 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by BKayy: 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nwanyiogwashi:

ikwerre are not Igbo ,thank you.
please keep to your ikwerre mister.
Welcome back

4 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Yujin(m): 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Thanks op for starting this thread and the video you posted. Special thanks to ou travels and tours for a good quality video. Finally, Ndigbo are beginning to understand what nation building is all about. We must build Igbo nation by reaching out to all our people irrespective of whichever clan they belong. Across 13 states were our people cut into which threatened to frustrate our cohesion but with things like these, we will gather all our people and set sail together. More needs to be done in other states with Igbo subgroups. Gradually, we from the more populous states will extend services and critical infrastructures to support them.
May Chukwu Okike Abiama bless Isobo clan and, Cross River State, Ndigbo and Biafrans in general. Iseee.

14 Likes

Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
BKayy:

One of the owners of the ban you are trying in vain to destroy and you?

Osagyefo98 of omambala ethnic nationality.
Re: Among The Indigenous Igbo People Of Cross River State by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2022
BKayy:

Welcome back

Thank you dear.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Northern Support Group Distribute Branded Obi Mat To Muslims In North / Massive Turnout At Labour Party Meeting In Akure Today (pictures ) / Saidi Balogun Rejects Peter Obi 20 Million Naira For Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.