Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,009 members, 7,863,664 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

Roads In Your Life (LIFE LESSONS) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roads In Your Life (LIFE LESSONS) (239 Views)

How Choosing The Right Associate Can Change Your Life|life Changing|facts|psycho / Cross Roads / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Roads In Your Life (LIFE LESSONS) by adverttrading: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
A long time ago, in what seems like a previous life now, I read an article written by some guy ( I can't remember his name) that changed how I saw the challenges in my life. It has been over a decade now , so while I like to share the seed idea , the way I present it here is all mine. He was taking a ride in a taxi in some big city, let’s call it New York because they say New York always has very bad traffic. Maybe he was visiting for the first time.

So the taxi driver puts on the radio to get the traffic report that would advise him on the best route to take. They heard an announcement about road repairs and that drivers should take alternative routes to avoid the resultant traffic jams if possible.

The thing is, they were going in that particular direction and there was no way to avoid delays.

And the driver had a conversation with him about how in a big city like New York, there are so many roads and there is always some part of the city undergoing renovation everyday. You might be able to avoid it most times but once in a while, it might be your lot to sit through it.

His lesson: At any point in time there will be roads in your life that need fixing no matter how thorough you are.
Fixing your problems is a continuous investment in your future's infrastructure.
That conclusion resonated with me.

Continue reading https://400wordsonly.com/roads-in-your-life/

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Past Mistakes / Over $200 Up For Grabs At African Human Rights Short Story Competition / Call For Submission; In Launching Of Iseyin Book Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.