Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Sorrow In Nigeria Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorrow In Nigeria Police (376 Views)

Owo Church Attack: Eternal Sorrow Awaits Perpetrators - Buhari / A Wealth Of Sorrow: Why Nigeria’s Abundant Oil Reserves Are Really A Curse / The Nigeria Police: 1947 Vs 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorrow In Nigeria Police by nellaz(m): 6:07am On Apr 02, 2022
Today I tender My Resignation From The Nigeria Police

My name is pc Ukwu Chiemezie. I was enlisted into the Nigeria Police on the 1/2/2018, prior to joining the Nigeria Police I was working at a warehouse in Lagos earning at least N5000 a day but for the sake of my future I decided to apply to be recruited into the Nigeria Police Force.
After all the screening exercises I was enlisted and to move to training college within a week. We had 6 months training after that we pass out and I was posted to Anambra State. I started working in Anambra without accomodation. I had to took a N60,000 loan from my brother to rent a one room apartment.
I worked for 4 months before we were paid together with the areas.
Federal Government paid me N45,000 monthly so I was paid N180,000 for the four months.Out of this I paid my brother the loan of N50,000 I got from him. I used the rest to purchase furniture for the room.
Do you believe that since that first payment I have not been able to buy anything again?
Monthly salary of N45,000 is equal to a daily salary of N1500
Out of the N1500 since l am at work most of the time, I worked 12hours everyday. There are some officers that work for 24hours. So because of this I eat outside most of the time.
A plate of food is N400 times 3 square meals is N1200 and the remaining N300 is what I used for transportation.
That's how I spent the daily N1500 Federal Government is paying me. Nothing remain to buy drink like other Nigerians, nothing to buy uniform as we are not being given. Nothing to save. Or even for hospital if I am sick, not to talk of assisting my family and friends.
I was doing better when I was working in a warehouse earning N5000 daily or more occasionally.

Nigerian Police is the worst paid security organisation in the whole of Africa with little or no pension.
As I'm writing now I'm owning my landlord 2 years rent. Where will I get the money?
You can only survive in the police force through corruption. If you refused to be corrupt you will pass through financial hell.
The government had left police on the mercy of corruption.
Every police officer in Nigeria is on psychological strike.
There can never be a better security in Nigeria with this treatment mated out to them.

I had three option and I have chosen one

Option 1
To be corrupt so as to be able to meet up my financial obligations

Option 2
To be attached to a politician so as to become his/her house boy in other to get tokens from them

Option 3
To resign from the work.

I have taken option 3 and have said bye bye to a job that I cannot pay my house rent or go to the hospital if I am sick.

1 Like

Re: Sorrow In Nigeria Police by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 02, 2022
nellaz:

My name is pc Ukwu Chiemezie. I was enlisted into the Nigeria Police on the 1/2/2018, prior to joining the Nigeria Police I was working at a warehouse in Lagos earning at least N5000 a day but for the sake of my future I decided to apply to be recruited into the Nigeria Police Force.
After all the screening exercises I was enlisted and to move to training college within a week. We had 6 months training after that we pass out and I was posted to Anambra State. I started working in Anambra without accomodation. I had to took a N60,000 loan from my brother to rent a one room apartment.
Federal Government paid me N45,000 monthly so I was paid N180,000 for the four months.Out of this I paid my brother the loan of N50,000 I got from him. I used the rest to purchase furniture for the room.
Do you believe that since that first payment I have not been able to buy anything again?
Out of the N1500 since l am at work most of the time, I worked 12hours everyday. There are some officers that work for 24hours. So because of this I eat outside most of the time.
A plate of food is N400 times 3 square meals is N1200 and the remaining N300 is what I used for transportation.
That's how I spent the daily N1500 Federal Government is paying me. Nothing remain to buy drink like other Nigerians, nothing to buy uniform as we are not being given. Nothing to save. Or even for hospital if I am sick, not to talk of assisting my family and friends.
I was doing better when I was working in a warehouse earning N5000 daily or more occasionally.

Nigerian Police is the worst paid security organisation in the whole of Africa with little or no pension.
As I'm writing now I'm owning my landlord 2 years rent. Where will I get the money?
You can only survive in the police force through corruption. If you refused to be corrupt you will pass through financial hell.
There can never be a better security in Nigeria with this treatment mated out to them.

Option 1

Option 2
To be attached to a politician so as to become his/her house boy in other to get tokens from them

Option 3
To resign from the work.

I have taken option 3 and have said bye bye to a job that I cannot pay my house rent or go to the hospital if I am sick.

Thank you for your service to the nation.
But i am curious, what will you do now?
Re: Sorrow In Nigeria Police by EzegeNdiigbo: 6:24am On Apr 02, 2022
I'll advise you to resign from the job because ya may decide to be corrupt and it might not end well with you..

What is good for A might not be good for B

Becarefull
Re: Sorrow In Nigeria Police by zuchyblink(m): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2022
Every Junior worker in civil service is currently on financial life support. Evening senior workers are not exempted. If not my side hustle, wahala for dey. I am planning to resign and face my side hustle. Working for the federal government has been my greatest regret. #ReformCivilService

1 Like

Re: Sorrow In Nigeria Police by Yujin(m): 6:41am On Apr 02, 2022
nellaz:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3
To resign from the work.

Good reflection and nice decision brother. Your analytical skills and decision making shows you're a good guy. God will guide you in your next line of action. Don't allow the terrorist government of Nigeria use you as a cannon fodder while they and their families feed fat from ill-gotten wealth.
They deliberately underpay and even delay your payment to turn you against the people you're meant to protect. By so doing, they keep you in a position of being confrontational with the society where you must lose your conscience to survive. It's a perfect recipe for human control. Unfortunately, the common man that the underpaid police decide e o feed on will one day turn against them. This is when they'll realize that their employers never really cared about them. It has begun already. You're smart to move away now. Let them post their own sons to the police stations and treat them the same way the treat the sons of the common man. The masses will waste no time in treating them the way they deserve.
Finally, it's my prayer that you find favour in your next line of action. Since you didn't allow them to manipulate you into turning against those you're meant to protect, you will find favour from them as you depart the useless Nigerian Police force. We all feel the pain of sincere policemen guided by the conscience as they discharge their duties but how can such men be identified and assisted? The system is rigged against them already.
Re: Sorrow In Nigeria Police by BigRocky: 7:06am On Apr 02, 2022
How much are senators and bandit payed again to sit down and talk thrash and to kill and destroy respectively?

Terrorist in the north earn more than the Nigeria police!

Can u imagine
Re: Sorrow In Nigeria Police by nellaz(m): 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
It's very disheartening but I know God will surely take care of everything.
Re: Sorrow In Nigeria Police by nellaz(m): 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
Chichigi1990:

Thank you for your service to the nation.
But i am curious, what will you do now?
God will take care of everything

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am Running For President, By Osinbajo / Amaechi In A Meeting With Emir Of Kano Last Night: Video / Timi Frank Condemns Detention Of Hon Farah Dagogo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.