Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary (31798 Views)

2023: Who Is Buhari's Anointed? - The Cable / Wole Soyinka: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Aso Rock. Gambari An Abacha Man / Oshiomhole Called Omisore A Murderer On Saturday, Now Offered Him N450m — FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by ganisucks(f): 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has attacked President Muhammadu Buhari for anointing Iyiola Omisore who is the prime suspect in the murder of late Attorney General, Bola Ige, as National Secretary of the APC.

Omisore was last Saturday elected National Secretary of the ruling APC during its National Convention held at the Eagles Square, Abuja, Nigeria.

Soyinka’s reaction was contained in a statement issued on Saturday, titled: “Perhaps closed files should remain just that-Closed?”

He said barely three months had passed since the 20th anniversary of the murder of the late Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Bola Ige, an occasion that he utilized to remind Buhari, of a subsisting election pledge.

‘That pledge was to re-open the files on the spate of unsolved political assassinations that had plagued the nation in recent decades. Prominent among those cases was that of the Minister of Justice, murdered on his way to take up a prestigious position with the United Nations.

“Presidential response was swift. Buhari ordered the Inspector-General of Police to re-open those files and resume investigations.

The nation has patiently awaited even a hint of Work in Progress. Most, I am certain, expect no less than a revaluation of prior investigative efforts. None, to my knowledge, has attempted to rush the Chief of Police and his team into judgment. We all take solace in the knowledge that the wheels of justice grind slowly, but they arrive. Eventually,” he said.

Soyinka said an unusual turn of events has raised questions, as the ruling party, headed by the same President, had just elected as its National Secretary one of the prime suspects of this most notorious of the nation’s unsolved murders.

“Not for a moment does one suggest that mere accusation, even trial, presumes Guilt. More than mere verdict is involved in any trial however. The process of arriving at that ultimate destination – justice – is integral to the very concept of democracy and equality under the law. That process is one of the structures of civic education.

“Unresolved till today were quite a number of untidy, even suspect aspects of investigation, prosecution and trials, aspects which revealed improper cell co-habitation by suspects under custody. That this led necessarily to recantations of earlier depositions is not thereby proven, but the fact remains that such U-turns did take place.

“One was so brazen that it induced a heart attack that proved fatal to the victim’s wife, another Justice – Mrs. Atinuke Ige.

That the prime suspect was privileged in a number of improper ways went beyond mere allegation. Political interventions, including pressure on the judiciary during bail hearings, cannot be denied. A judge under such pressure kept a diary with accusations, pages of which he consigned to friends for safekeeping,” he added.

Soyinka asked: “With the emergence of the said prime suspect as National Secretary of the Ruling Party, is the Inspector-General of Police equipped to confront political obstacles in a resumption of investigation? Is there any guarantee that the result will see the light of day? How suspect, ab initio, will be the conclusions, given the present political ordering?

“I repeat: we are speaking of blatant, undeniable exercise of political interventions during investigations and the arraignment of suspects. Prior incumbency of the position of National Secretary of a ruling party has demonstrated the potent interventionist clout that can be wielded from that office.

“The president has personally received, and thus anointed the new incumbent. Since he remains central to any re-investigation – whatever form or direction it takes – just what value of objective assessment can be placed on the presidential pledge?”

With this scenario, the Nobel Laureate said that investigative revisit was already hamstrung and disrobed of credibility.

“I think the nation should simply relieve President Buhari of his pledge. I am certain the Inspector-General of Police will be equally relieved and can now turn his mind and energy to the national accustomed posture – Business as Usual ,” he stated.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/04/02/bola-ige-soyinka-bombs-buhari-for-anointing-omisore-as-apc-national-secretary/

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by ganisucks(f): 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2022
You supported Buhari in 2015 and 2019. You should support him now as well. You can't win all the time. Like Wike said, if you don't get your way, you should still stand with the party. I pity those who are claiming that Omisore was Tinubu's pick. When he will Start doing his masters bidding, you will start complaining

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Laggafin: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hmm dis table shaking is loud oo grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by iCauseTrouble: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
He is no longer a murderer since he joined APC

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by naijaguy123456(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
Although Omisore was never convicted by a court but he seems to have a finger in Bola Ige‘s death. This is APC‘s way of saying thank you for letting us win Osun state the last time.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by UsmanLa: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
Do you have evidence

We rent nice cars for birthday, weddings, occasions, just any event.

Are you visiting Nigeria and require to be picked up at the airport in a luxury vehicle?

Feel like a King or Queen at an affordable rate.
Attend meetings like a big boy/girl

Fuel and driver provided

Daily, weekly and monthly options available.

Click on my profile link to contact details https://www.nairaland.com/usmanla

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by emmykk(m): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
He is forgiven

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by IamNat: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
Was Omisore convicted?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by posty56: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
hi b
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Mumusaphire: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
That's how we saw it ooooooo, oga prof, that's the monster u and ur goose gave us as president. Now, come out and protest as u did during last regime.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by datola: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
Na so we see am o Prof!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by christm386: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
We know real Yoruba’s and what they stand for, we know Nairaland Yoruba’s and what they stand for, and I choose what their highest class say!, some bitter Yoruba’s who comment here are Okada riders, snake eaters, people who doesn’t matter, i prefer entertaining the ideas and perspective of people like fayose, obasanjo, wole Soyinka and people of that class, Nairaland Yoruba’s are just broke people living under brown roof, trying to be relevant cause in real life, they are not relevant, and u know people like that are always full of hate, cause u are what u think others, I mean u can’t be comfortable with ur life and still be that bitter, just say u wan do small give away them don full for ur mention�! Nairaland Yoruba’s are like the China version of real well doing Yoruba’s ��, Wole Soyinka even know he supported evil, which is understandable cause insecurity was gulping Nigeria @ that moment, and that being our first experience, it made people question the integrity of the Government! Pointing out this fact and calling the government out means he still stands for truth and justice, not justifying his wrong action!!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Sultty(m): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
this old man should shut up jare sad always raising dusts

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by crossfm: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hehehe.

Shots fired, I repeat shots fired,over.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Oysters(m): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
really wish I had something to say in relation to the topic. But since I don't let me go ahead and say this then; BUHARI IS UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY USELESS

peace ...

13 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by UselessBuharist: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
Is Buhari not a serial murderer ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Think9ja(m): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
kiss
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Strongbest(m): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
E don happen
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Strongbest(m): 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
Sultty:
this old man should shut up jare sad always raising dusts

Do you also tell your dad to shut up at home?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by obembet(f): 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
ganisucks:
You supported Buhari in 2015 and 2019. You should support him now as well. You can't win all the time. Like Wike said, if you don't get your way, you should still stand with the party. I pity those who are claiming that Omisore was Tinubu's pick. When he will Start doing his masters bidding, you will start complaining

Some people are just born stupid.

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Zico5(m): 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
You may be right but remember u are one of the people that anointed this Buhari by staging a protest that oust GEJ out of office. You have not said anything about the maladministration of this Ur goon since. You are such a hypocrite.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by robinso01(m): 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
If there's evidence to prove omisore knows about bola ige death, then tender it prof,if not keep silent. Anybody can be accused of any offenses, but without evidence and witness, no one is guilty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by GODPUNISHALABI: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
This old man should shut his stupid mouth up....he has no right to talk,he should go and reflect on his past stupidity ,blowing useless grammar

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
Prof. Woke soyinka with all due respect sir can you kindly rest for all this unnecessary statements without base and proofs...cos I wonder when you become a politician

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Mikelarteta(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
I can bet my balls sone people told him to do that cos Buhari may not even know who the hell Omisore is.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by Enemyofpeace: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
IamNat:
Was Omisore convicted?
eleribu spotted?

7 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by GooodHardDick: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
Wole Soyinka should shut the f*ck up! angry

The werey was among the idiots that brought the lifeless one to power today.

7 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by SarkinYarki: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
Who is not a murderer in AOC

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary by hisexcellency34: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
What is Buhari himself?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets Former President Obasanjo / Bamise Ayanwole: Soldiers, Police Take Over Ojota Park Over Planned Protest / Pictures From PDP, Atiku Rally In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.