Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi (80895 Views)

Tochukwu Obi, Younger Brother Of Mikel Obi Joins Croatian League / Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd / OFFICIAL: Chelsea Unveils Matteo Kovacic, New Signing From Real Madrid (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by justli: 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2022
posty56:
nice one, Even though Mikel did not contribute anything to Chelsea, just warmed bench and collect allawee

wgen did you start watching footbal and how old are you?
go back and watch chelsea bayern ucl final

4 Likes

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
robosky02:
Still the best defensive midfielder Nigeria has produced

Imaging Mikel in the Ghana game....

Thomas partey dey learn
What will Mikel obi do.
I remember he was nicknamed slowobi sad
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by Mandela887(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2022
posty56:
nice one, Even though Mikel did not contribute anything to Chelsea, just warmed bench and collect allawee
sometimes some useless people who have not achieved anything in their family will b insulting someone who is globally recognized... To put ur name in a stand in a premiership club is no mean fit...do u know how many players have played in Chelsea?, how many were their names unveiled like that?... Even Almighty Essien,Makelele etc have not seen their banner... U are trolling someone who has won African nations cup,Champions league,Europa league, EPL trophies, FA cups...please what have u achieved in ur family?

6 Likes

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2022
The player Nigerians argue and try to prove that he is better than Messi back then. grin
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by thedio(m): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2022
robosky02:

Thomas partey dey learn
Let me helpnu complete that statement
AT CLUB LEVEL. I bet u did not watch oliseh paying in that role besides Mikel did not play defensive midfield for Nigeria.
Mikel is a very talented player,one of the best talent to come from Africa but he failed to fulfil his potential.

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by uniquetechng: 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2022
robosky02:

Thomas partey dey learn
Maybe Sunday Oliseh played for Benin Republic
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by oluwaseyi0: 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
nice one from Stanford bridge
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by uniquetechng: 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
thedio:
Let me helpnu complete that statement
AT CLUB LEVEL. I bet u did not watch oliseh paying in that role besides Mikel did not play defensive midfield for Nigeria.
Mikel is a very talented player,one of the best talent to come from Africa but he failed to fulfil his potential.
He is an Indomie generation kid, he certainly did not watch Oliseh played.

1 Like

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by generalwo(m): 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
Bmaster:
Lol.

Igbo Amaka!!!

Igbos to the world!
...don't forget to Amaka igbo for the guy who was arrested for drug trafficking or is he not igbo too? I forgot about Evans... Goan igbo Amaka him too

1 Like

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by Chartey(m): 5:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Same thing Jorginho, Busquets, Rabiot, Kessie, etc does.... Everyone in a football pitch have a specific role (save for some utility players).

You can't expect a point guard to start "slam dunking"
Kessie? When did he become a DM? Or you just mentioned him because he's black?
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by bolabadmus38: 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
For me,he would have done better or made More name if he played his normal scheming midfield role as he did in the junior word come then against Argentina and other countries then. Anyway, congratulations to him.

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by nairaman66(m): 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

Mikel disappointingly never rose to his full potentials after rubbing shoulders with Messi at the 2005 u20 World Cup.

Mikel Obi is one of Nigerian’s most decorated midfielder and arguably the best player in the Nigeria team. He won many laurels with Chelsea, as at today, which Nigerian player would you compare with MO in terms of personal awards and trophy ? I stand to be corrected!

4 Likes

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by mattfeuter(m): 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
Revolution2022:
He scored only 2 goals in his 8years career in Chelsea.He likes passing the ball back to his defender to avoid being taken back by the opponent.

Still made a lot of bread. . .

Man was truly blessed!!

1 Like

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by BlaqFaze: 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Chartey:

Kessie? When did he become a DM? Or you just mentioned him because he's black?
Franck Kessie, the Ivorian who recently signed for Barca is a DM

1 Like

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by solsticey2k3(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
Greatness
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by drmuchin: 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2022
chelsea loss today pain me die
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by stanisbaratheon: 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2022
robosky02:

Thomas partey dey learn

But he plays central midfield for Nigeria
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by ifud(m): 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2022
I think he lacked sound counsel. He was young and his counselor(s) I believed focused more on money than his career.
WibusJaga:

Mikel disappointingly never rose to his full potentials after rubbing shoulders with Messi at the 2005 u20 World Cup.

1 Like

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by Padipadi(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
Well deserved
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by beejay85: 6:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
Omicron007:

One of the best defensive midfielders Mourinho has produced.

Nigeria's Mikel was not a DM until he went to Chelsea
True,coaches came ,coaches left....Mikel remains..
He survived more than 10 Chelsea coaches in d Abrahamovic era till Conte came...and he played for all
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by Munzy14(m): 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
Revolution2022:
He scored only 2 goals in his 8years career in Chelsea.He likes passing the ball back to his defender to avoid being taken back by the opponent.
That is the work of defensive midfielder.

1 Like

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by pikechukwu6(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
Finally they collected 4 goals grin grin grin
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by Famundpropertie: 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
In my opinion Mikel was overburdened with defensive duties which stifled his creative flair. Mikel is more in the mould of a player like Toni Kroos- a deep-lying orchestrator. Nevertheless, the young man was a diamond. Respect.

1 Like

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by CoronaVirusPro: 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

We all can’t rise to the same feet. He tried in his very own way.

1 Like

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by CoronaVirusPro: 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
Munzy14:

That is the work of defensive midfielder.

Thanks for educating him
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by rickleye: 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
Revolution2022:

I thought i was the only one who saw that too. I love his personality but I always had my heart in my mouth when he played .
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by jayjaycee0: 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2022
robosky02:

Thomas partey dey learn

Una don dey misyarn again
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by rotile247(m): 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2022
beejay85:

True,coaches came ,coaches left....Mikel remains..
He survived more than 10 Chelsea coaches in d Abrahamovic era till Conte came...and he played for all

You're very correct even Conte needed him but was warned not to play for Nigeria at the Olympics or won't be featured by Conte.
Mikel chose to represent Nigeria hence Conte refused to play him.

2 Likes

Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by Chartey(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Franck Kessie, the Ivorian who recently signed for Barca is a DM

Lol, you don't know Kessie or haven't watched him enough.
Earlier in his career, he was a pure attacking midfielder and Milan signed as that. He even played just behind the striker then. He eventually moved a bit deeper to become a CAM and it's only recently he started playing CM. He has never even been a DM neither at his club nor country.
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by blowjohn(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
The lesson here is:
A foreign country celebrated one of our own.
I mean, let that sink in ur heads for a minute.

Back here we remember nobody.
Re: EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi by samsongbemisola(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
He won all those trophies playing or warming up or sitting in the bench grin
yet he started both the 2012 FACup n Champions League Final playing 90 n 120 minutes respectively.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Driver Waits 7 Hours At Petrol Station To Fill Up His New Bentley / World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out / Facts About Nigeria's Goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho With Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.