Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Drama As A Nigerian Lawmaker Is Accused Of Coming Naked To National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As A Nigerian Lawmaker Is Accused Of Coming Naked To National Assembly (2595 Views)

Newly Elected Nigerian Lawmaker Refused To Collect Certificate Of Return / Pandora Papers: Inside The Secret Assets Of Nigerian Lawmaker Nicholas Mutu / Abbo Vs Tinubu: Viral Video Of Tinubu Slapping A Lawmaker Is False (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As A Nigerian Lawmaker Is Accused Of Coming Naked To National Assembly by Gentlerespect76: 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2022
**A House of Reps member, Hon. Ifeanyi Chudy Momah (APGA, Anambra), was accused of appearing naked in the chamber on Thursday, March 31.

**According to one of his colleagues, Mohammed Monguno, Momah was not properly dressed and as such, does not deserve a hearing.

**Moreover, after Momah defended himself by disclosing that he has skin rashes, Deputy Speaker Idris Wase advised him to present a medical report stating his condition.

There was drama on Thursday, March 31, at the National Assembly when lawmakers of the House of Representatives had their plenary. The debate was about the dressing of Hon. Ifeanyi Chudy Momah, representing Ihiala Federal Constituency, Anambra, whose outfit was considered unfit for the chamber according to the dress code for lawmakers.

Lawmakers tackled Momah over his dressing How it started
** This issue was brought up by Mohammed Monguno (APC, Borno) who argued that since Momah was indecently dressed, he is naked and, therefore, cannot be heard in the House. His words: "The honorable member, Momoh, is not dressed 'properly' due to our rules. He is 'naked'; as far as our rules are concerned. He can not get heard." Momah's defence Reacting to Monguno's position, the southeast lawmaker pointed out that he has a health issue that causes him skin rashes and near suffocation, both of which will stand as impediments to him in expressing the views of his constituents. He noted: "I have a health condition which causes me to experience extreme rashes and near suffocation. I get suffocated in hot weather if I close my buttons and wear my tie. This development will hinder me from expressing the views of my people." Addressing the issue, the deputy speaker of the House, Hon. Idris Wase, said: "The standing order states that the member has to be properly dressed. I acknowledge that one could become ill in time. "However, you have to present a medical report that will enable you to come to the chambers without dressing 'properly' as codified in our standing order. I will rule you out of order, and I kindly ask you to have your seat." On his part, Ado Doguwa (APC Kano) advised Momoh to verify if his beards are responsible for the rashes he is complaining about.
Re: Drama As A Nigerian Lawmaker Is Accused Of Coming Naked To National Assembly by Buharidgeneral: 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2022
Where is the unclothedness?

1 Like

Re: Drama As A Nigerian Lawmaker Is Accused Of Coming Naked To National Assembly by tillaman(m): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
Pic please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As A Nigerian Lawmaker Is Accused Of Coming Naked To National Assembly by Bobloco: 7:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
And no pictures
Re: Drama As A Nigerian Lawmaker Is Accused Of Coming Naked To National Assembly by Savagr(m): 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
Watched the video on YouTube and I saw no unclothedness
Only absence of tie

1 Like

Re: Drama As A Nigerian Lawmaker Is Accused Of Coming Naked To National Assembly by Kingdemu: 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
"On his part, Ado Doguwa (APC Kano) advised Momoh to verify if his beards are responsible for the rashes he is complaining about". cheesy
Re: Drama As A Nigerian Lawmaker Is Accused Of Coming Naked To National Assembly by Almaigaa: 4:51am On Apr 03, 2022
It's comon in the East. They like unclotheness grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Tonye Princewill For Rivers State Governor / Oil Producing Communities In Bayelsa Stat Want Basopadec. / BOMBSHELL: Over 70% Of Northerners Are Illiterates-atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.