Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. (31908 Views)

Container Falls Off Trailer On Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) / Truck Falls On Man's Car On Ojuelegba Bridge, Comes Out Alive From The Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by naptu2: 3:21am On Apr 03, 2022
LASTMA @followlastma

[8:36PM] #Ojuelegba #AccidentReport

A flat body truck has veered off the bridge onto the service lane at Ojuelegba, trapping a Honda car underneath.
Earnest effort is currently being made towards evacuation.

More updates soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDFJfPzXRWw

https://twitter.com/followlastma/status/1510344077539258378

2 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by NotBeenPaid: 3:28am On Apr 03, 2022

Fortunately, no casualties.

15 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Nobody: 4:04am On Apr 03, 2022
How does a flatbed fall off a bridge?... its a flat bed, its tire height are equivalent to the level of the bridge barricade. The driver should be interrogated aggressively.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by nony43(m): 4:15am On Apr 03, 2022
What is the best approach in solving this menace? It is only in Nigeria that we hear such news. Lagos in particular.

13 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Kingabia1998(m): 4:16am On Apr 03, 2022
naptu2:
LASTMA @followlastma

https://twitter.com/followlastma/status/1510344077539258378
Is this a sign of bad government or what, what is happening to my darling 9ja.

4 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 4:16am On Apr 03, 2022
Thank God no casualties... Nothing in this country is right. Bad news every day

5 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by id4sho(m): 4:17am On Apr 03, 2022
cool
Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Brendaniel: 4:18am On Apr 03, 2022
The government should try put measures in place to avoid such from happening....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by CountVersailles(f): 4:20am On Apr 03, 2022
Another day in zoogeria. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by dele1727: 4:21am On Apr 03, 2022
grin grin grin

Till the day we are ready to take responsibility for our actions....

2 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by EricSmallz(m): 4:22am On Apr 03, 2022
Everyday you wake up as a Nigerian, you are faced with a thousand ways to die. Thanks to the source that create and protects life.

6 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by dedonfranco(m): 4:23am On Apr 03, 2022
Na God get power.

If it's not Otedola bridge...Its Ojuelegba bridge

5 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by linkers: 4:26am On Apr 03, 2022
Buhari! You're a curse to humanity. Slawomir is running away from the Efcc. He can't bomb freely again and no free punna for him. Tuwe

4 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by dynicks(m): 4:26am On Apr 03, 2022
shocked
Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Ajetech(m): 4:28am On Apr 03, 2022
Honestly the driver needs to be interrogated
Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by sammy7410(m): 4:28am On Apr 03, 2022
Buhari

1 Share

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Itzteewhy(m): 4:30am On Apr 03, 2022
Only in Lagos.

If Bridge no fall, petrol tank will explode or make bridge engulf in flame.

I think it's high time the LAgos Government find something to do about all this accident

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Origin(f): 4:31am On Apr 03, 2022
Put a barrier before that bridge. It is a very small bridge with a short distance and even the best should not pass that bridge as there is usually a contest between large vehicles on that bridge every single day.

All the people and cars below the bridge are always in constant risk.

And all the public transport cause delays just below this bridge as they quickly try to get passengers just before getting on that bridge.

Government should just put barrier.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by BigBelleControl(m): 4:32am On Apr 03, 2022
Many disasters are waiting to happen in Nigeria and this ojuelegba bridge is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by naptu2: 4:32am On Apr 03, 2022
Origin:
Put a barrier before that bridge. It is a very small bridge with a short distance and even the best should not pass that bridge as there is usually a contest between large vehicles on that bridge every single day.

All the people and cars below the bridge are always in constant risk.

And all the public transport cause delays just below this bridge as they quickly try to get passengers just before getting on that bridge.

Government should just put barrier.

wonlasewonimi:

Put a height bar to prevent trucks from using the bridge

The government did that in the early 2000s, but people kept removing the barrier. In fact, they put barriers on most of the flyovers in Lagos, but truck drivers used their trucks to destroy the barriers, NURTW officials removed the barriers and scrap metal sellers stole parts of some of the barriers.

naptu2:
This truck accident at Ojuelegba has reminded me of the part of Bola Tinubu's war with the NURTW that I rarely write about. I have often written about the City Bus experiment, the war against agberos, the MOT issue, etc. but I rarely write about this part of the problem.

Governor Bola Tinubu decided that Danfos were one of the major causes of traffic jams on Lagos roads and that it was very dangerous for heavy duty vehicles to ply the many flyovers in the city, so he erected overhead bars at the entrances to most of the flyovers in Lagos.

You see, danfo buses usually convert the entrances to these flyovers into bus stops, which cause traffic jams and delay other road users, while heavy duty vehicles cause a huge strain on the flyovers and quite often fall off the bridges. Private vehicles, which are shorter than the buses and trucks, would be able to freely use the flyovers, while the buses and trucks would use the road below.

However, NURTW agberos, bus and truck drivers did not like this idea. Quite often drivers of heavy duty vehicles used their vehicles to destroy the overhead bars, while agberos and other thugs cut the bars in the middle of the night. The government often spent a lot of money replacing these bars until one day it finally gave up and stopped replacing them.

We are experiencing a similar problem in Lekki Phase 1. LCC built a pedestrian bridge to enable people cross the expressway. They also erected a metal fence in the median of the expressway to stop people running across and endangering their lives. You will not believe the number of times that people have destroyed that fence. LCC also stationed Man O War officials to arrest people that are jaywalking (or jayrunning), but this has not stopped the problem. People still destroyed the fence in the middle of the night. Now it seems like LCC have given up. They haven't replaced the fence in quite a while.

naptu2:
Aha! This is what I was referring to. Luckily I've gotten a picture of it from Google maps.

The Bola Tinubu Administration put up these barriers to stop trucks and buses from using the flyover. It was not the first administration to do so. I know that a previous administration put up much larger and stronger barriers in the 1970s, but I can't remember who was governor at the time.

This particular barrier is at the flyover at Jibowu and it was put up by the Tinubu Administration, but see what is left of it. I remember clearly that this barrier was replaced several times when Tinubu was governor, but people kept removing it. All that is left is the posts. Every single time that it was replaced, people kept cutting off the barrier and leaving those two posts. They kept doing it until it got to a point that the government got fed up and left it like that.

You can see the yellow and black posts on either side of the road just before the bridge.

See picture 1 below.

naptu2:
This is the Ojuelegba Flyover. The same flyover from which the truck fell. You can see the yellow posts on the left and right (just above the minibus), but the barrier has been cut and removed.

See pictures 2 and 3 below.

6 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Henrinos: 4:33am On Apr 03, 2022
May God protect us!
Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by CoronaVirusPro: 4:35am On Apr 03, 2022
More to come….

You can be doing same thing and expect different results

If the government has failed to learn from accidents, then reoccurrence is a constant.
Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by ecomalchemist(m): 4:35am On Apr 03, 2022
I live in a mega city, I live in a mega city.

Na the result be this...

This won't be the first, second or third. I remember one that happened years back that crushed all occupants of the vehicle to death.

If the government cannot curtail the excesses of these truck drivers , we are in trouble.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by yuzjet(m): 4:37am On Apr 03, 2022
Government suppose to have done something about this bridge.

Oh! I've forgotten human lives aren't that important again to this government.
Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by money121(m): 4:37am On Apr 03, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Houseofglam7(f): 4:43am On Apr 03, 2022
For once it’s not
Phewwww

2 Likes

Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by DavidEsq(m): 4:44am On Apr 03, 2022
linkers:
Buhari! You're a curse to humanity. Slawomir is running away from the Efcc. He can't bomb freely again and no free punna for him. Tuwe
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:46am On Apr 03, 2022
Thank God no life was lost.
Re: Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. by kolnel: 4:52am On Apr 03, 2022
That's the irony of Nigeria.
The truck represents the politician, while the honda represents the masses.
The truck is subduing the masses, just like the politicians subdue the masses.

The haggard-looking truck looks like Tinubu, albeit without the pampers.
I don't think any sane human being would like to board that truck from Lagos to Kaduna.
That truck should just remain in Lagos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? / NCAA Extends Ban On International Flights Till October / Application For Canadian Permanent Residency From Nigeria Explained.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.