Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

2009 Lexus ES 350 Alarm Goes Off, Key Becomes Ineffective And Engine Won't Off - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2009 Lexus ES 350 Alarm Goes Off, Key Becomes Ineffective And Engine Won't Off (449 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / 2005 Corolla Engine Won't Start After 'ringing' / Security Alarm Goes Off On Its Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2009 Lexus ES 350 Alarm Goes Off, Key Becomes Ineffective And Engine Won't Off by igwedaboss(m): 9:20am On Apr 03, 2022
Good day, everyone,

Please I need some expert opinion from pros and those with similar experience.

About a month ago, my 2009 Lexus ES 350 alarm goes off unprovoked. The key becomes ineffective and the alarm shuts off on its own after about 1-2minutes. I can only have access to the car manually because the key won't work at this time. When I turn on the car, it starts but here is the problem, when I switch it off, the fan goes off but the engine remains on with the dashboard lights staying on as well. To switch it off completely, I will have to disconnect the battery. When I reconnect the battery back, it remains the same, the car starts but won't switch off completely. By now, the key starts working.

I called my rewire who came a day later to take the car for about 2 days. Mind you, when the rewire came, the car had returned to normal. When he returned the car, everything was fine until two nights ago when rain fell. The alarm goes off and the same thing happened.

On doing some research, I was only able to get information from a mechanic site that said such issues are caused by the 'body computer' technically referred to as the Body Control Module. That when the car is been washed or when rain falls, water may get into the body computer and it begins to display all the above-mentioned issues.

If you have had the issue before, how did you resolve it and for the pros, how can I resolve it? Thank you for your responses.

(1) (Reply)

How To Scrap A Premium Car Service For Beginners / Glk350 registered glk350 7.7m.. 2013 / I Need A Car For Uber Business In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.