Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated (39558 Views)

Burna Boy And Tems Nominated For BET Awards / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema Full 2023 NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show / Jay-z To Release 'The Ascension' Album Featuring Olamide, Femi Kuti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Livelystone01: 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
Sheggy13:

He lost already. No Nigerian nominated won. They all lost. Best Global music album went to Angelique Kidjo for Mother Nature while Best Global music performance went to Arooj Aftab for the song Mohabbat.
Lol, immediately I saw Kidjo on the list I made a statement like, "Kidjo again, big problem for the Nigerians listed".

The woman is something else in the international scene and when she's nominated alongside you in the grammy, just know that your chance of winning has reduced by half.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by DroppingLiquid: 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
Why won't this people nominate Davido? This is not fair.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by blazingblender(m): 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
I see Angelique winning this award
So have I seen
If my prophecy come to pass that means Peter Obi will be the next president

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by blazingblender(m): 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
DroppingLiquid:
make davido first sing better song
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ikillbrokehoes:
The Essence song will win, wizzy will come to Nigeria with a Grammy award.
Bros you say wetin undecided
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by CoronaVirusPro: 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
DroppingLiquid:

Davido is not in the international space

And which song will they nominate him for? That should be the starting point….
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Biafraaa: 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
the grammy before is it not packaging?
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sentiments aside, the songs and artistes that get nominated for the Grammys has made me begin to lose total respect for the grammy awards.

It's more like it's now hype over talent or essence.

Asides Femi Kuti, most of the other nominees of Nigerian descent can not play a single musical instrument, lip sync in most live shows and depend a lot on autotune during studio sessions.

How the hell did the Grammy committee nosedive into an era of promoting mediocrity?
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by CoronaVirusPro: 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2022
Ikillbrokehoes:
The Essence song will win, wizzy will come to Nigeria with a Grammy award.

I am with you on this point. Let’s keep fingers crossed. That track went places…..
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Crixxx: 11:57pm On Apr 03, 2022
Beyonce not around to help wizrat this timemaybe he is not a loyal servant.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Mgada1ne(m): 12:05am On Apr 04, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Asides Femi Kuti, most of the other nominees of Nigerian descent can not play a single musical instrument, lip sync in most live shows and depend a lot on autotune during studio sessions.

How the hell did the Grammy committee nosedive into an era of promoting mediocrity?

So according to you, Grammy should only be for people who can play instruments??
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by topsyboy: 12:33am On Apr 04, 2022
Please help a friend grow her channel subscribe and like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42bPgaXNr7g&t=57s
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by eyinola: 1:39am On Apr 04, 2022
GoshenNLA:
Machala and Kuti never seen anything win sha
Femi kuti sef don turn Jimi Agbaje ..him dey get nomination every year and never won
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by NessFortunate: 3:12am On Apr 04, 2022
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by NessFortunate: 3:15am On Apr 04, 2022
blazingblender:
I see Angelique winning this award
So have I seen
If my prophecy come to pass that means Peter Obi will be the next president
i dey feel you like cold gin. It go make sense if this happen. Peter Obi na correct guy no cap.
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by georgeakins: 5:21am On Apr 04, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sentiments aside, the songs and artistes that get nominated for the Grammys has made me begin to lose total respect for the grammy awards.

No good music again. Everyone is singing rubbish all over the world.
Good music ended with generation of Sunny Okosun and co.

How they make more money than those musicians of yesteryears is what I don't understand. I doubt if they are not into drug business or something else
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by SocialJustice: 5:56am On Apr 04, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
which award?? Abi u still dey sleep?
Grammy nomination be like award too. Go look the selection process, if you think say e no worth anything, sing your song make we see if e go pass Ojuelegba.
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Legend44(m): 6:00am On Apr 04, 2022
grin E shock me i no go lie
Jahwinaboy:
e shock u? Lol

1 Like

Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Benmob: 6:38am On Apr 04, 2022
richie240:
Bad belle ppl with their bitterness and PhD (pull him down) syndrome don show face!
How many instruments Michael Jackson or drake sabi play?
smh!
[s][/s]
The fact say u type ds thrash and u get hundreds of likes confirm say many ppl wey dey ds forum nor well!
cool
grin grin grin take it easy for that person na
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by tradepunter: 6:47am On Apr 04, 2022
mmadu4:
How is this suppose to impact my life? Foolish and useless news

I swear worthless useless dumb idiotic news.... No fking value in all ramifications
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Classickj(m): 7:02am On Apr 04, 2022
abokikhalifa:

Burst your own balls hater. Burna got featured in kidjo Album. So technically, he wins his second Grammy.
burst ur balls he ain't getting shit... Na certificate Grammy go give burna
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by redcliff: 7:04am On Apr 04, 2022
anewchapter:
Useless award. Wetin Angelique kidjo sing wey she take win WizKid album wey no even chart Grammy is overrated and rigged

If its useless and overrated as you described, why u dey vex say ur fave no win am?
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Bobwitwicky(m): 7:08am On Apr 04, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Guy.....I just speak my mind concerning the issue
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by tomzyELNINO: 7:18am On Apr 04, 2022
mmadu4:
How is this suppose to impact my life? Foolish and useless news

Dont be a saddist. If you dont celebrate others, how do you expect anybody to celebrate you?
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by fredoooooo: 7:25am On Apr 04, 2022
seanwilliam:
That Angelina kidjo self. Na she I Dey fear pass for that group o

Music different from noise making , that woman na Baba ... mad respect for her ..
I'm in love with one of her song BATONGA ..
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by ufotunang: 8:02am On Apr 04, 2022
Where is Davido ...why was Davido not nominated
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by ufotunang: 8:03am On Apr 04, 2022
KUNZEH:
Okay, what of David omo Adeleke?
....the Grammy organizers have been cheating davido
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by abokikhalifa: 8:04am On Apr 04, 2022
Classickj:
burst ur balls he ain't getting shit... Na certificate Grammy go give burna

Certificate ain't bad. He is a certified Grammy boy. Highest award any musician can get.
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
richie240:
Bad belle ppl with their bitterness and PhD (pull him down) syndrome don show face!
How many instruments Michael Jackson or drake sabi play?
smh!
I think the post you quoted is right on this one.

By the way, normally Michael and Drake shouldn't be in the same sentence, if not that this generation think wood and gold are the same thing.

MJ might not have played any instrument, what he was and achieved in the industry is far beyond that and he is no where near the wack, untalented clowns who parade themselves as entertainers these days.
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by richie240: 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2022
After all said and done u still arrived at my conclusion: both Michael 'yaksin' and d ''wack and untalented clowns who parade themselves as entertainers we have these days" both have something in common>> den two nor sabi play instruments.
Na d koko of d Mata be dt!
Dassol!
cool

AudioMonkey:

I think the post you quoted is right on this one.

By the way, normally Michael and Drake shouldn't be in the same sentence, if not that this generation think wood and gold are the same thing.

MJ might not have played any instrument, what he was and achieved in the industry is far beyond that and he is no where near the wack, untalented clowns who parade themselves as entertainers these days.
Re: 2022 Grammy Awards: Wizkid, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy, Tems Nominated by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2022
richie240:
After all said and done u still arrived at my conclusion: both Michael 'yaksin' and d ''wack and untalented clowns who parade themselves as entertainers we have these days" both have something in common>> den two nor sabi play instruments.
Na d koko of d Mata be dt!
Dassol!
cool

Yeah true but that doesn't equate Michael to wack, recent generation entertainers.
MJ excelled in other aspects and did many things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” / 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.