Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,898 members, 7,956,391 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Scam In Nigerian Custom Service Replacement/recruitment. Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam In Nigerian Custom Service Replacement/recruitment. Photo (428 Views)

Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US / Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam In Nigerian Custom Service Replacement/recruitment. Photo by Albara(m): 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2022
I got a call from my sister today about a man who introduced himself as Ibrahim from Nigerian Custom Service insinuating that he knew her way back and there's an opening for replacement in NCS. She lamented that she can't remember where she knew him from and he laughed it off and insisted he just want to help because he was given two slots in NCS and he doesn't really have anyone to give it out to. Fast forward, my sister forwarded his number to me and my brother in-law and also forwarded our phone numbers to him and further asked us to call the man. Although my sis was skeptical about the whole issue, she just said it won't kill to try it out. So, I called the man and we spoke, he enquired if I have ever applied for NCS, if I have criminal record with any of the Nigerian security apparatus and if I'm a drug addict of which I affirmed to him that I don't have such background records. Then he warned that it's about trust issues and I shouldn't go about telling people about the opportunity he's giving me. He explained that the NCS is replacing the dismissed personnels and recruits that applied with forged results and those that were not physically fit for enrollment and now he's got two slots and he's giving me one. He sent me a text about the details I need to send to him at the moment and call him back when I'm done. I forwarded him the details and called him back like he instructed, then he told me to go back and check my mail, I'll receive a mail from NCS confirming my shortlisting and service number. I checked and voila, it read I'm shortlisted in to NCS and also got my service number. Then I called him back again, and told him I got the message, he congratulated me. Then came the part where I had to send money for regularization and documentation to his boss, all of which is 25k. I got curious about the whole thing. To me, this is too fast, too good to be true. I decided to check the mail address of the supposed NCS email address I got the shortlisting message from. The mail address read ncs.gov.info.ng@gmail.com. The address looked suspecious to me because most government parastatals and agencies always use dormain that ends with .gov.ng, but his domain ended with @gmail.com. I got more curious and googled NCS official website and email and it wasn't the same, I called a friend who is currently in training camp of the NCS at Kano and explained the whole thing, he said it's a scam and they had such cases in camp where people were scammed only to report to camp and realize they've been scammed. He lamented how a guy was scammed to 3 million only to come to training camp and realize he was scammed. He was even given appointment letter and service number. I called another friend in NCS who serves in Port Harcourt and he confirmed it's a scam. The worrying part is that, the said Ibrahim has good knowledge about the recruitment process, spoke fluent Hausa and English. The whole thing was well planned and if you're not careful enough, you'll end up being scammed. God knows how many people fell victims today. I'm sharing this here so that no one falls a victim here. I attached the photos mail I got and his phone number.

Re: Scam In Nigerian Custom Service Replacement/recruitment. Photo by Albara(m): 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2022
Life is hard for most Nigerians and scammers are taking advantage of the desperation of Nigerians. They use job offers to scam people. Everything just dey as e dey for this country sef, pesin no dey know which is legit info and illegitimate info. All man wan make money on the fast lane. Our orientation as a nation no just pure. cry cry SMH!
Re: Scam In Nigerian Custom Service Replacement/recruitment. Photo by AlomoReloaded: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2022
Better jakpaa.... Na scammer be that o
Re: Scam In Nigerian Custom Service Replacement/recruitment. Photo by illicit(m): 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2022
When u saw state of "Orijin"

U shd know that he wants to use ur money drink Orijin bitters ni wink

1 Like

Re: Scam In Nigerian Custom Service Replacement/recruitment. Photo by Fahdiga(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
We know the people behind this type of scam. They are mostly cone headed structures
Re: Scam In Nigerian Custom Service Replacement/recruitment. Photo by Xhuntra: 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
illicit:
When u saw state of "Orijin"

U shd know that he wants to use ur money drink Orijin bitters ni wink

grin grin
State of orijin and local govt of orijin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scam In Nigerian Custom Service Replacement/recruitment. Photo by OGwales(m): 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
You need to sacrifice a chicken for this... You for no fit drink water drop cup.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Five Killed, Property Destroyed As Yoruba, Native Residents Clash In Akwa Ibom / Man Turn To Goat For Sleeping With Another Man's Wife / Unfolding: Many Feared Dead As Explosion Rocks Sabon Gari In Kano (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.