Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes (13550 Views)

CBN Imposes Limit On Banks’ Foreign Currency Exposure / Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists / CBN Asks Banks To Return All Mutilated Notes Between June 3 & September 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by sotall(m): 8:32am On Apr 04, 2022
Very unfortunate that most people here didnt read and understand the content of this news.

Very unfortunate...

Torn notes are mutilated notes

Composed notes are mutilated notes.

The emphasis was on composed notes.
You can't join 200 and 500 naira together and say CBN should change it to 500 naira for you.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by ikorodureporta: 8:34am On Apr 04, 2022
wolesmile:
Sometimes, we need to read and understand what is being said properly before we comment. Almost all the comments I read here are off point.

justli:
This is referring to composed bank notes and not just mutilated notes. The writer of this report is obviously clickbaiting readers with the title and people are too lazy to read a whole report. It's ok

It's the same torn notes that become 'patched notes" if you don't handle it v.carefully....th4, nobody wl b willing to accept it
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by CharlotteFlair: 8:41am On Apr 04, 2022
Sergio101:

Come to my side dear.
Come and check.
At least after 1hr of nonstop tatatatata..........na you go run commot.

Imagine calling Sergio a female grin
tatata unto popcorn or gun wey you be? grin
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by CharlotteFlair: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2022
criuze:
CBN dey reject damaged money

Who wan collect wam
Go and read the topic and edit your comment
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by justli: 8:54am On Apr 04, 2022
ikorodureporta:

It's the same torn notes that become 'patched notes" if you don't handle it v.carefully....th4, nobody wl b willing to accept it

Point is, don't patch a bank note with a different note. Return it with some part turn or missing, no problem.
It's the banks' job tocollectt turn and wornout notes from the public and return same to the apex bank.
The CBN can never refuse to collect wornout notes from the public, doing so will breach the trust on the naira as a legal tender
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by HernanCortes: 8:55am On Apr 04, 2022
Emefiele is a useless man
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by ArewaTech1(m): 8:55am On Apr 04, 2022
tbh of all the countries I traveled to, Nigerian money are the lowest in quality. made of low quality material I think.

Even common India, you hardly see a torn/mutilated notes.

Nigeria has fundamental problems.

Let's just break this nation... I don tire seff

1 Like

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by bigtt76(f): 9:04am On Apr 04, 2022
Exactly cheesy

sotall:
Very unfortunate that most people here didnt read and understand the content of this news.

Very unfortunate...

You can't join 200 and 500 naira together and say CBN should change it to 500 naira for you.

1 Like

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by 2rez: 9:09am On Apr 04, 2022
Who go con impose ban on CBN Very anyhow useless & unscrupulous institution.

Meanwhile,
If u got US bank account(s) with transaction histories. Capital one, Chase, BOA... If u got, check my sig & chat me up asap. Good morning.

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by SEGLIZ: 9:12am On Apr 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Pussy ass cbn

Everybody just dey run away from their responsibility for this Nation

Na cbn work be this na

Damnnn niggarrrr, slawormiir where just dey all this time? you just evaporate like that from your nairaland family like now. welcome back bro, how the hustle for your end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by jamesbridget13(f): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2022
If bank don't accept it where do they expect us to take torn notes to? Last month my hubby changed about 30k accumulated torn notes via zenith. Now we have some torn notes from d money we got from d bank. If bank won't receive it from us, who will?
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Sergio101(m): 9:32am On Apr 04, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
tatata unto popcorn or gun wey you be? grin

Nope dearie.
The other tatata cheesy

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by CharlotteFlair: 9:51am On Apr 04, 2022
Sergio101:

Nope dearie.
The other tatata cheesy
In the land of the dead shocked
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Yankee101: 10:11am On Apr 04, 2022
Misleading headlines
Composed banknotes
Not mutilated ones

Putting together different pieces from different serial numbers to forn one note is actually fraudulent
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Sergio101(m): 10:21am On Apr 04, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
In the land of the dead shocked

In this earth sweetie kiss.

When are you coming wink
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by U1(m): 10:30am On Apr 04, 2022
Ololanla:
Good one. Maybe market women and bus conductors would start handling money the right way.

I hear. If those people give you bad notes, no collect.

This country just doesn't cease to amaze me (in a bad way). Who now pays for these mutilated notes? I sure don't mutilate notes but I get offered the same every now and then.
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Oshodipikin: 10:37am On Apr 04, 2022
Emefiole don start again.

1 Like

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by U1(m): 10:44am On Apr 04, 2022
sotall:

Very unfortunate...

Thanks for pointing this out.

But it may not always be easy for an average person to detect this.
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by CharlotteFlair: 11:09am On Apr 04, 2022
Sergio101:

In this earth sweetie kiss.

When are you coming wink
Ok start doing press up. I'll tell you when to stop.
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Sergio101(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
Ok start doing press up. I'll tell you when to stop.

Omo ×100 shocked.

My thing don rise.
Oya nah.....am doing press up already kiss
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Uziyl(m): 11:44am On Apr 04, 2022
sotall:

Very unfortunate...

Very very unfortunate. A lot of people don't read. Seeing some comments here is just so embarrassing. Like is this how ppl write exams without reading instructions.
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by philipobiz: 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2022
Composed mutilated note means parts from another to complete a torn one. That's the note CBN is talking about. But trust banks. They will try to reject complete one. Make them try me. Na there we go dig am.

1 Like

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by CharlotteFlair: 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
Sergio101:

Omo ×100 shocked.

My thing don rise.
Oya nah.....am doing press up already kiss
Kontinu! Lazy arse.
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Sergio104(m): 1:58pm On Apr 04, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
Kontinu! Lazy arse.

Not like that nii cry.
Na you wan confirm.

It's like you like insulting someone

Outta here!!!
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by chicent2k3(m): 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2022
Brother, i can also show you a 100 dirham note printed in 2015 and is in a good condition. Alot of Nigerians have poor maintenance culture.
DaInferno:
for this naija, somethings sound so dumb. So in other words, they want the money to be as intact as it came out?, as if it's our fault. I just saw 200 naira note of 2015 (6yrs) still in circulation so how e no go tear?
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by CharlotteFlair: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
Sergio104:

Not like that nii cry.
Na you wan confirm.

It's like you like insulting someone

Outta here!!!
Common press up you can't do, yet you are looking to climb Kilimanjaro. Abeg go siddon.
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Sergio104(m): 4:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
Common press up you can't do, yet you are looking to climb Kilimanjaro. Abeg go siddon.

Lol grin..... Kilimanjaro? grin.

So ya hot cake cheesy

How's your day going??
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by DaInferno(m): 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
chicent2k3:
Brother, i can also show you a 100 dirham note printed in 2015 and is in a good condition. Alot of Nigerians have poor maintenance culture.
true, but Dirhams are used on more refined grounds compared to nja.
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by CharlotteFlair: 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2022
Sergio104:

Lol grin..... Kilimanjaro? grin.

So ya hot cake cheesy

How's your day going??
My day's hectic Baba but it's all good.
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Sergio104(m): 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
My day's hectic Baba but it's all good.

Alright dear.
Good fate for us all.
cool cool....... ya cherished

1 Like

Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by jrobbins: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2022
Forget the heading. Read the news...

The policy is on composed bank notes and not mutilated notes. Lalasticlala / seun please correct the heading.
Re: CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes by Anndrew(m): 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2022
ayindejimmy:

They put it in Atm. Let's see how someone will reject it then
lolz..take it from ATM to the bank to change it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets / How Are You Cutting Cost This Period? / Bet9ja Site Is Down, What Is Wrong???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.