Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,052 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 (2483 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2014 Vs Toyota Camry 2012 / Race: Porche Panamera Vs Benz C63s AMG In Abuja, Benz Will Shock You(Pics/Vids) / Help Needed Lexus Es330 Vs Benz E320 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by JoinMarco: 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2022
Good afternoon. I'm having a debate with someone.

Pls between the RX350 2014 and ML350 2014
Which car is better in terms of:
1. Durability
2. Comfort.
3. Drive, handling and balance.
5. Maintenance and repair
6. Technicality
7. Prestige and class.

Which would u go for considering all the afore mentioned.
Thanks.
Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by Gideon457: 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
JoinMarco:
Good afternoon. I'm having a debate with someone.

Pls between the RX350 2014 and ML350 2014
Which car is better in terms of:
1. Durability
2. Comfort.
3. Drive, handling and balance.
5. Maintenance and repair
6. Technicality
7. Prestige and class.

Which would u go for considering all the afore mentioned.
Thanks.
RX350 2014

3 Likes

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by sholatech(m): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
3,6 and 7..ML Benz

Rest- The RX Lexus

2 Likes

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by JoinMarco: 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Gideon457:
RX350 2014
Straight to d point.
Thanks. But can u list where d Lexus tops the Benz in the mentioned categories.
Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by zoedew: 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2022
Gideon457:
RX350 2014
Without any doubt the truth. Rest and peace of mind! You will not be carrying the monstrous load of a car called ML xyzzzzzz. Instead the Lexus will carry you in peace of mind!

1 Like

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by JoinMarco: 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
sholatech:
3,6 and 7..ML Benz

Rest- The RX Lexus
Thanks.

I love handling, drive and balance in a car next is maintenance and repair.

Beauty differs from person to person so thats why I didn't include it. I still give beauty to the Benz.
Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by JoinMarco: 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2022
zoedew:

Without any doubt the truth. Rest and peace of mind! You will not be carrying the monstrous load of a car called ML xyzzzzzz. Instead the Lexus will carry you in peace of mind!

Peace of mind when buying something is important.
Thanks
Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by zoedew: 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
JoinMarco:

Peace of mind when buying something is important.
Thanks
Sure Sir!
Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by RichMelanin: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2022
zoedew:

Sure Sir!

The only thing the ML could have disadvantage on is the maintenance and repair, maintenance for the two products is high but that of Mercedes is higher, incredibly high and even if you can wage repairs they are not enough experience auto technicians and mechanics who can work on the Modern Mercedes from 2010 models, these are electrical vehicles including the Lexus
But in terms of every other thing the Mercedes is far superior
It’s a pure German machine
If you have ever driven a Mercedes you should understand what I mean forget about the hype

4 Likes

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by JoinMarco: 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
RichMelanin:

The only thing the ML could have disadvantage on is the maintenance and repair, maintenance for the two products is high but that of Mercedes is higher, incredibly high and even if you can wage repairs they are not enough experience auto technicians and mechanics who can work on the Modern Mercedes from 2010 models, these are electrical vehicles including the Lexus
If you have ever driven a Mercedes you should understand what I mean forget about the hype

That means one has to be bucked up to purchase the Benz.
Our technicians and mechanics are another wahala. They've refuse to upgrade their knowledge to competently handle the repairs of such cars.

German na German.
Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by Pravedk: 7:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
You see, until 2018 and beyond, the Lexus was a joke compared to German cars.

If your talking of reliability and maintenance costs- the Lexus wins everyday.

But that is not the truth. Our mechanics are lazy ass modaf*ckers who have refuse to unlearn and relearn how to fix cars. Honestly there are VERY FEW good benz and BMW mechanics. So don't think Lexus is more reliable.

But talking of handling, interior and others- go with Benz. But tell yourself the truth, do you have to go the mechanic always? Take Lexus o.

1 Like

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by zoedew: 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2022
RichMelanin:

I have driven a Mercedes before and acknowledge it is in a world of its own but what it takes to keep one in these times when there are better things to do with money is out of this world and ill advised. It is a matter of choice though.

1 Like

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by RichMelanin: 8:45pm On Apr 03, 2022
JoinMarco:

That means one has to be bucked up to purchase the Benz.
Our technicians and mechanics are another wahala. They've refuse to upgrade their knowledge to competently handle the repairs of such cars.

German na German.

Off course one truly has to be bucked up to own one cause they don’t come cheap and maintenance doesn’t come cheap as well

Getting the required equipment to fix these cars are also expensive but it’s worth the money cause a lot of people are looking for satisfied services
These cars are built up with a lot of sensors and with wrong handling can lead to a huge error and damage

3 Likes

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by JoinMarco: 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
Pravedk:
You see, until 2018 and beyond, the Lexus was a joke compared to German cars.

If your talking of reliability and maintenance costs- the Lexus wins everyday.

But that is not the truth. Our mechanics are lazy ass modaf*ckers who have refuse to unlearn and relearn how to fix cars. Honestly there are VERY FEW good benz and BMW mechanics. So don't think Lexus is more reliable.

But talking of handling, interior and others- go with Benz. But tell yourself the truth, do you have to go the mechanic always? Take Lexus o.

So it comes down to pocket and knowledge of our mechanics
Thanks.
Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by Pravedk: 1:36am On Apr 04, 2022
JoinMarco:

So it comes down to pocket and knowledge of our mechanics
Thanks.

I will say yes
If you intend buying a car to use in Nigeria these issues should come to consideration.

Benz are unnecessarily expensive and have a very complex electronics system. It seems everything have sensors. Generally ALL German cars have complex electronics. One small mess up by an electrician and you are in trouble.

Our mechanics unfortunately are bunch of mediocres. Forget all these ones carrying scanning tools up and down. Most of them don't really dedicate their time to learn how the German cars are wired. I have used a German car and japanese so trust me on this

There are very few good mechanics that are good with German cars.

So in terms of value proposition, I will take Lexus over Benz or beemers. It's like a HP Spectre and MacBook. One has prestige, the other delivers excellent performance at half the cost.

And then almost all Lexus models are reliable. That is because Lexus have a funny way of using the same engines in a lot of their models and it's a good thing. So most mechanics find any model similar hence easy to fix. That is not the same with Benz.

The 2014 ML and RX are good cars. But the RX will give you peace of mind over ML. But you will look better in an ML than the RX.

Personally I will be tempted to take the ML over the RX, buts it's my Village people telling me to do that so they can finish me using mechanic. Lol

Walahi the 2014 ML is a bit reliable because it shares similar things with the Eclass 2012-2014. Those models are a bit reliable.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by JoinMarco: 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
Pravedk:

I will say yes
If you intend buying a car to use in Nigeria these issues should come to consideration.

Benz are unnecessarily expensive and have a very complex electronics system. It seems everything have sensors. Generally ALL German cars have complex electronics. One small mess up by an electrician and you are in trouble.

Our mechanics unfortunately are bunch of mediocres. Forget all these ones carrying scanning tools up and down. Most of them don't really dedicate their time to learn how the German cars are wired. I have used a German car and japanese so trust me on this

There are very few good mechanics that are good with German cars.

So in terms of value proposition, I will take Lexus over Benz or beemers. It's like a HP Spectre and MacBook. One has prestige, the other delivers excellent performance at half the cost.

And then almost all Lexus models are reliable. That is because Lexus have a funny way of using the same engines in a lot of their models and it's a good thing. So most mechanics find any model similar hence easy to fix. That is not the same with Benz.

The 2014 ML and RX are good cars. But the RX will give you peace of mind over ML. But you will look better in an ML than the RX.

Personally I will be tempted to take the ML over the RX, buts it's my Village people telling me to do that so they can finish me using mechanic. Lol

Walahi the 2014 ML is a bit reliable because it shares similar things with the Eclass 2012-2014. Those models are a bit reliable.

Thanks for d insight
I laughed at last part.
Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by Rescuemania(m): 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
Based on my experience, I will suggest you go for Lexus Rx350 I terms of second hand used and maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by selfmadeOLX(m): 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
The RX is an everyday drive vehicle

The ML is a weekend only vehicle

If you don’t gerrit, forgetabourrit grin

2 Likes

Re: Between Lexus RX350 2014 Vs Benz ML350 2014 by JoinMarco: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2022
selfmadeOLX:
The RX is an everyday drive vehicle

The ML is a weekend only vehicle

If you don’t gerrit, forgetabourrit grin

I gerrit!

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Want To Improve My Driving Skills / Cheap Brand New Car / Nissan Xtrail 2.5 XL Does Not Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.