Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ (28074 Views)

Egypt Warned Israel Days Before Hamas Attacked – US Lawmaker, Michael Mccaul / OPEC Bars Bloomberg, Reuters, WSJ Reporters From Vienna Conference / Muslim World Protests, Condemns Macron's Support For Offensive Cartoons (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by buJu234: 11:39am On Apr 04, 2022
although i don't support this Putin war & hardly believe Western & Russian media propagandas.

but if this is true, the Ukraine president messed up!

can u see the number of innocent souls butched in BUCHA northern Kyiv by the demonic Russian soldiers?

its only God that will know how many innocent souls that will die in Mykolaiv, Kherson, Mariupol etc;

all these would have been avoided if this new information is true.

today the Ukraine president is now wanting to follow the same advice, that would have led to avoiding this war

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by Masterito(m): 11:42am On Apr 04, 2022
No country will accept giving up its territory without a fight.
Mooh247:
cool

Don't Join NATO for regional peace sake

Recognise Donbass region and all southeastern Ukraine with majority Russian ethnicity as an autonomous region

Or

Face Russia's demilitralisation exercise in Ukraine where all military installations and hardwares would be blown to pieces till every Minsk agreement is Honoured word for word

Zelensky made his choice and EU and US would let him face the consequences alone except for giving him few arms and loans

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by advanceDNA: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2022
emysmile:

Reasoning is gift and a right.
You should learn to accept others format.

....Everyone is entitled to his opinion about this issue..Putin supporters are the ones that don’t accept people’s opinion as they are fond of saying CNN is the reason why we feel Ukraine should not be attacked

Why should anyone invalidate my opinion just becos I’m not in support of Putin and u are here telling to accept his format..is like u don't have sense....

3 Likes

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by mfm04622: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2022
nnatobryno:
The guy is a real comedian. put the lives of millions of Ukrainian at risk because you want to prove what? I see it as a proxy war in Ukraine between the West and Russia but who is suffering it the most, innocent civilians.

One thing pro Russian people have not commented on is the fact that Ukrainians have not said they didn't support their government choosing to fight Russia.
Ukrainians know the scores. They know what to expect from Russia if they don't fight. They chose to fight and die than just die. As all die na die, they chose to die fighting.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by ayindejimmy(m): 11:44am On Apr 04, 2022
nnatobryno:
The guy is a real comedian. put the lives of millions of Ukrainian at risk because you want to prove what? I see it as a proxy war in Ukraine between the West and Russia but who is suffering it the most, innocent civilians.

What were his options, trust Putin?

Putin that said he wasn't invading Ukraine, that it was just a military drill.
Trust Putin at your peril.

Moreover, Putin Soldiers claimed any news from CNN is propaganda, should we trust Russian Times

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by edmaraja: 11:45am On Apr 04, 2022
ivolt:
These were Putin's "peaceful" demands for Ukraine or he invades.

1. Ukrainian armed forces must be disbanded.
2. All government officials should resign and handover to pro-Russia group because
they are all "Nazis".
3. Make Russian language the sole official language.
4. Cede the entire eastern Ukraine to Russia.

If Zelensky was wise, he would have accepted all the demands without complaining
and thank Putin for his generous "peace" offers. After all, slavery is better than war!
Your numbers 2,3 and 4 are blatant lies.
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by mfm04622: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2022
buJu234:
although i don't support this Putin war & hardly believe Western & Russian media propagandas.

can u see the number of innocent souls butched in BUCHA northern Kyiv by the demonic Russian soldiers?

its only God that will know how many innocent souls that will die in Mykolaiv, Kherson, Mariupol etc;

today the Ukraine president is now wanting to follow the same advice, that would have led to avoiding this war

Have you EVER seen a situation where a country voluntarily give up part of her country? That is what this "Peace offer" is. The important part of the peace offer is to let the Dombass region go. Which country will accept that?

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by slimghost(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2022
Difrent:

How?
Russian Objective in Ukraine has been 80% sucessful and its only a matter of time that the remaining 20% which is taking kiev is achieved. In case you missed it....Russian reason for the invasion are 1 to demilitarize ukraine and denazify Ukraine. Zelensky admits almost all of Ukraines millitary equipments have been destroyed. So while the west keep beaming photos of bombed cities and humanitarian crisis to appeal to sentiments.....Russia is busy destroying military bases.... airports.....arms depots...and almost all of Ukrines military equipments.

Its the US and EU that has been demystified. When Putin invaded Georgia....he was testing the water....then realising that US AND EUreally cant do anything he moved to crimea and realising that the west wont do anything made the ukraine move. EU dont want to anger Russia because they depend on it for gas.....while US is too busy making sure China doesnt overtake it as world biggest economy.....Ukraine is on his own, that comedian just got to know the real difference between comedy and reality

I got tired explaining this to zombified people who get their updates from MSM when the realities on ground are different.

5 Likes

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by Feggie3: 11:47am On Apr 04, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Recognise Donbass region and all southeastern Ukraine with majority Russian ethnicity as an autonomous region

Or

Face Russia's demilitralisation exercise in Ukraine where all military installations and hardwares would be blown to pieces till every Minsk agreement is Honoured word for word

Zelensky made his choice and EU and US would let him face the consequences alone except for giving him few arms and loans

For God's fuckn''' Christ sake, why should he recognise Donbass? Are you alright in the head?
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 04, 2022
Thank God they're starting to talk. Because they've been trying to make Russia appear as the aggressor while Zelensky actually is. Why is Zelensky trying to join a military association founded with the sole intention of destroying your neighbor, the same one you share historical and family ties with?

5 Likes

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by Ournolly: 11:50am On Apr 04, 2022
ivolt:

2. All government officials should resign and handover to pro-Russia group because
they are all "Nazis".

If Zelensky was wise, he would have accepted all the demands without complaining
and thank Putin for his generous "peace" offers. After all, slavery is better than war!
GOTV war analyst spotted!

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by na2016: 11:50am On Apr 04, 2022
foryourmindlol:
It s better they fought it and found the head. No lasting peace without war.
Putin and Russia have been dymystified

In as much as I am neutral in this, this war was uncalled for. The Ukrainian president should have handled it better.
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by Feggie3: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2022
buJu234:

Why should Russia take part of another country? Why? Tell me why? Olga why? How do you people reason? Are you a thief?
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by IgOga(m): 11:52am On Apr 04, 2022
foryourmindlol:

grin grin grin How? You must be drunk on MSM propaganda.

If Russia wants to take over the whole Ukraine they will do that in 1 week. The goal was to destroy Ukraine military and Recognize the two eastern regions.

If Russia is as weak as the West are brainwashing you, Russia would have been invaded. See how fast the whitehouse and European leaders were shouting ontop of their voice that Regime change is not their strategy..i.. Biden was on his own when he suggested that in a rage. Even Biden has said he didn't say that. That shows you whether Russia is weak or strong.

Meanwhile Poland and other EU nations are saying the sanctions are not working Ruble is back to preinvasion levels. Putin's approval ratings in Russia has shot up to 84 %. German food manufacturers are saying prepare for 20-50% inflation. Sr Lanka is already collapsing due to inflation. Western countries that imposed sanctions have now seen unprecedented inflation......And by May when EU will need to pay for their next Russian gas...all hell may break loose. German CEOs are sounding the alarm...companies will go burst.....You need to educate yourself....and the so call pro-Putin Politicians in Hungary and Serbia somehow win in landslide yesterday even when opposition parties band together as one party.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by John360comng: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2022
cule7:
German Chancellor had reportedly attempted to convince the Ukrainian leader to drop NATO membership plan

https://www.rt.com/news/553213-zelensky-scholz-ukraine-peace/

My question is since most Ukrainians want to join NATO.

Why can't they join NATO since the war is already on now?

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by Pontaboki: 11:56am On Apr 04, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Or
Aturu,whose tanks are being blown out now

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by maasoap(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Yeah, lol. Except that Ukraine is now in ruins and Zelensky is now hiding in a bunker.
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by wink2015(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2022
Zelensky rock the boat.

He is not a good politicians.

Good politicians believes in give and take.

If you do not win today does not mean you can not win tomorrow.

Zelensky botched a peaceful opportunity.

If Germany a key NATO member country can come out to negotiate a peace pact on behalf of Ukraine they Ukraine should have embrace it.

WHAT IS EVEN THE GAIN OF JOINING NATO?

WAS Russia fight Ukraine before now?

The answer is No.

UKRAINE AND ITS POLITICAL LEADERSHIP SHOT THEMSELVES ON THEIR FEET

5 Likes

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 04, 2022
To round it up, I see a more prolonged war caused by Russia's aggression on Ukraine which will further hurt the world's economy and even irritating NATO allies even more to the extent that most EU countries will start spending more of Military strength and at the end, Russia the major loser because they angered a quiet ecosystem because of their insecurity. (1 angry lion Vs 20 hyenas) I think Russia took the bait.
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by hayzed19(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2022
That's what happens when a clown is elected. Before the invasion, you are urged to give up your NATO ambitions and proclaim neutrality as part of a larger European security agreement between the West and Russia, which will be signed by Biden and Putin, who will jointly guarantee your country's protection which you rejected.
But now you're being ordered to recognize the Donbass republics of Donetsk and Lugansk, as well as to relinquish Crimea and declare yourself a neutral country that would never join the US-led NATO military alliance, which you previously rejected.
So, who won in the end?

4 Likes

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by toxtimmy: 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2022
You people and your video games... Reality is different... Ukraine does not exist any more with thousands of their men and people dead... Till today Russia has not destroyed a NEPA facility, Water facility, Hospitals, food industries or any manufacturing infrastructure that's needed by the people of former Ukraine to survive... Question is, is it because the precision Russian bombs are allergic to these facilities i mentioned or is it because they don't want to destroy the people of former Ukraine?

You think Russia cannot do what ISIS or Boko Haram is doing in Nigeria multiply by 10000?... The funny thing is people like you dey fear Boko Haram and even if I pay you a million dollars to go Borno state where this just happened you no go gree go but you dey here dey type your emotional feelings instead of reality.

https://southfront.org/isis-releases-photos-of-two-recent-attacks-by-its-cells-in-nigerias-borno/

foryourmindlol:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by maasoap(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
sapientia:

It's same people that support Buhari

They are moved only by their hate for USA

Thats all

Lol. Everything is about USA just like everything is about igbos in Nigeria. Must we support racists?
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by francisisking: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
Faiththatworks:
I'm starting to get really irritated by the Russian terrorists on Nairaland,these Russian terrorists need psychological evaluation.
Putin is a mad man,very delusional and a crazy despot that needs to visit a psychiatrist as early as tomorrow morning.
I have tried to balance my information on this mad war Russia started in Ukraine,but the more I try to be rational,the more I see why Putin is nothing but a mad man.
I don't understand why mad man Putin will not allow Ukrainians determine their own destiny,why should Russia,another foreign country believe it has the power to determine the political direction of another sovereign country.
Why not allow hold a referendum in Ukraine,that will be conducted by a neutral body like the United Nations to known if the citizens of Ukraine want to join NATO or the European Union.
That was the most sensical thing to do before Mad Man Putin rolled in the tanks.
I'm very happy the whole world has finally demystified Mad Man Putin,he's nothing but a delusional,mad,crazy,psyocotic kleptomaniac that will be killed in Russia by his own generals.
And for his mad cretins on Nairaland,the Almighty God will allow you experience what the citizens of Ukraine are suffering in the hands of the Russia.
The pain and the agony of the Ukrainians will be your portion for all these crazy propaganda you push out every day.
you are yet to cry a river... Until then ukraine must be rid of nazis..

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by adm212144: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
JosephXavier:
The worst thing any country is to do is to believe that the West wants the best for you

They always have a motive and a selfish interest in everything they do

They came to Africa preaching the Bible while kidnapping slaves and killing those against their mission

And those people that are Bible and religious experts are still the ones who engage in racism but still preach love

Everything is all about what they achieve and gain for themselves

I wish Africa can be as smart as China and look inward

There is nothing good that will ever come from the West except they are gaining for themselves and protecting their dominance
Leave western world and adopt the life of eastern world .you are not logical in your reAson .It’s only the west that you have freedom to do anything but you people like the life of zombie ,oppression etc .If I asked you to relocate to Russia now ,you will cast a spell but if I hand you a US or Canada visa .you will grab it like monkey to banana .instead of you to support west .you still want west to fall .God will give you leader like Putin and let’s see how you guys will survive .useless people
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by richeeyo(m): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Wise man

No lasting peace without war
Sad but true
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by Invitationn: 12:11pm On Apr 04, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Or

That's exactly what the WSJ article is pointing at.
"Ukraine made her choice to fight a war that shouldn't have happened".
The tone and the blame game will increasingly be against the Ukrainians as time goes.
The West won't admit they failed the Ukrainians.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by greggng: 12:11pm On Apr 04, 2022
ivolt:

they are all "Nazis".

You believe this unrealist demand should be honoured ? Only someone determined to be a slave will honour such . Thank God Russia has a long way to go in Ukraine.. more sorrow for the wicked

2 Likes

Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by tenpipsperday: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
Born2Breed:

It's changes nothing. US was dymystified in Vetnam and Somalia but they are still one of the super powers.

The war was avoidable though.

US dymistified in somalia? Did they to fight or help but the Islamic fools shot down their plane and made mockery of the pilot and they pulled out?

Today what is left of Somalia?
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by shomutuski(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
nnatobryno:

Honestly mans a clout fuckin chaser I tell you, He is currently in poland hiding like a fckin wussy he is. He is fanning flames of war so he can profit from all the whole chaos, like all the capitalist leaders of the world are all cashing out from the whole debacle.

If you mention me to comment shit make sure you are not in nigeria first of.

You don’t have an opinion if you’re still in that hell hole
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by afroxyz: 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Which head dem don find?
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by TruthUntold: 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
Faiththatworks:
I'm starting to get really irritated by the Russian terrorists on Nairaland,these Russian terrorists need psychological evaluation.
Putin is a mad man,very delusional and a crazy despot that needs to visit a psychiatrist as early as tomorrow morning.
I have tried to balance my information on this mad war Russia started in Ukraine,but the more I try to be rational,the more I see why Putin is nothing but a mad man.
I don't understand why mad man Putin will not allow Ukrainians determine their own destiny,why should Russia,another foreign country believe it has the power to determine the political direction of another sovereign country.
Why not allow hold a referendum in Ukraine,that will be conducted by a neutral body like the United Nations to known if the citizens of Ukraine want to join NATO or the European Union.
That was the most sensical thing to do before Mad Man Putin rolled in the tanks.
I'm very happy the whole world has finally demystified Mad Man Putin,he's nothing but a delusional,mad,crazy,psyocotic kleptomaniac that will be killed in Russia by his own generals.
And for his mad cretins on Nairaland,the Almighty God will allow you experience what the citizens of Ukraine are suffering in the hands of the Russia.
The pain and the agony of the Ukrainians will be your portion for all these crazy propaganda you push out every day.
mind your business (i.e Nigeria) and get out of the mind games of the West and their manipulations that only befit them, ah? Why you dey vex ontop someone's problem like this na? Na human rights activist you be? What's your vexing going to change? Live free bro, no one knows you're doing this here.
Re: Zelensky Rejected Peace Offer Days Before Russian Offensive – WSJ by JosephXavier: 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
adm212144:
Leave western world and adopt the life of eastern world .you are not logical in your reAson .It’s only the west that you have freedom to do anything but you people like the life of zombie ,oppression etc .If I asked you to relocate to Russia now ,you will cast a spell but if I hand you a US or Canada visa .you will grab it like monkey to banana .instead of you to support west .you still want west to fall .God will give you leader like Putin and let’s see how you guys will survive .useless people

You probably reason like most Nigerians; zombies

Why can't Nigeria be at the heights of China when we have all the potentials we need bad even more

Now China is far stringer than most Western countries all thanks to their ingeniousness and now, the only thing US see in their dream is how to reduce the influence of China on modern world influence bad power, yet they still fail at that

Nigeria has all potentials to be a world power

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russia Becomes World's Most Sanctioned Country With 14,000 Sanctions (Photos) / Biden Signs Order Banning Supply Of Dollar Bills To Russia / Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.