Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,087 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Browsing The Net With Dongle - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Browsing The Net With Dongle (4309 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / For Dongle Users / All Dongle Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Browsing The Net With Dongle by privaze: 11:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
Get a 2rsr cable and connect male n female then straight to ur laptop. Pls i won't entertain questns from those dat normally insult pple but 4 those honest ones u can send in questns, I know u all
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by ultrasat(m): 3:57am On Jul 05, 2011
Where can i get the cable, 2. Is it going to be connected in the R232 port of the dongle or at the back of the receiver? Is the dongle going to be feed with the eutelsat W3? Kindly upload the picture pls! Thanks!
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by privaze: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2011
Decoder is not needed here. Just check ur pc you'll see de 2rsr port then u connect it there via the dongle cable but the head must be change to fit in.
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by JOEWAYNE(m): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2011
The rs32 cable cannot fit into pc's wan port.hw do we do it?
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by spaceman(m): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2011
@all,
We have a serious problem across all these threads we keep creating for our personal issues.
The problem is all about taking time to write clearly what ever we have in mind. Mr Privaze wrote 2rsr cable, a respondent wrote rs32. I know of RS232 cable. Too much of abbreviation or impatience making post.
Even if I know you are talking of rs232, I still need to understand your expression at first reading, not cracking my head and mind for the implied meaning.
Or I think you should post a picture of this 2rsr port for clarity please Mr Privaze.
Thank you
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by JOEWAYNE(m): 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
Privaze clear ur self,
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by gadotor(m): 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2011
contact me mr privare thru 00233203558708 email-gadotor@gmail.com
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by ultrasat(m): 12:27am On Jul 07, 2011
Thanks Privaze , you see what this forum is all about is for enlighting and friendship. Whenever anybody have anything which will be of benefit should try as much as possible to explain with words and picture uploading. The dongle cable you are talking about , since it cannot enter that of laptop, how are we going to change that mouth, what about the connection of the cable inside? If you know truely you want to share this new discovery with us, why not upload the picture connection, the cable connection and the position of the dish to feed it! All the same, i still give you thumb-up
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by Lunsat(m): 7:41am On Jul 07, 2011
Privaze should be a joker, for the simple reason that a dongle is designed for a different purpose i.e to view channels using keys "card shared" via satellite sort of. This is a one way listening system. The internet is a password enabled two way dialogue system. You need a domain, username and password that are registered by the service provider. Those are the "keys" that allow you to make data requests and have those requests answered in real time. How will the dongle generate those and have them registered with the internet service provider?
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by Lov4sat(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2011
You guys have done real justice to Mr Privaze's case. I think this guy in question has a way of drawing attention to himself and if you asked him to explain his discovery the next thing would be that you have insulted his person yet he keeps coming in hot unfinished stories of discovery.

The gurus here take their time to make us the freshers understand things no matter the question we ask or how we ask them they just give it to us in a simple English without holding anything back that is what made them who they are.
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by petoldman: 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2011
This is none sense don't be lied to.For you to brows you need an up-link and a down link.If anything your dish can just be a downlink.This can never work tongue undecided cry
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by Kungu(m): 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2011
petoldman:

This is none sense don't be lied to.For you to brows you need an up-link and a down link.If anything your dish can just be a downlink.This can never work tongue undecided cry

Good afternoon Petoldman,

It can work if you use a usb Modem where the usb modem is used for uplink while the dongle is used for down link
This has been the case when using Skystar2 pci card. This technology is know as One way Satellite Internet.

One way Satellite Internet. The Hardware part using SkyStar2 PCI.

[img]http://www.lamit.ro/images/skystar_pci.jpg[/img]

Unidirectional system for internet access through satellite, which requires hardware components (Skystar2 PCI card or USB device, satellite antenna, Dongles etc.) and software components. The hardware part is :

- A computer, preferably with a minimum configuration of : 500-700 Mhz processor, 8MB video card, 128 MB of RAM. Any configuration that's more powerful than the previously mentioned, greatly increases the quality of the entire system.
- The DVB SkyStar 2 PCI card (or SkyStar 2 USB), being a TV-tuner with an internet accelerator included, permits, together with the purchase and installation of a satellite antenna, the viewing off all free-to-air radio stations and TV stations from all the available satellites, without no extra monthly subscription.
- There is also the possibility to connect several computers to the same satellite antenna, which is installed custom, depending on each consumer needs: fixed, mobile, different dimensions etc.

One way Satellite Internet. The Software part.

[img]http://www.lamit.ro/images/soft.jpg[/img]

The software part is represented by a collection of latest generation software, which offers the following services :

- Ultra-fast Internet. 500 MB of FAST SURF at speeds of over 512 Kbps, each month.
- 1 GB of monthly internet downloads from any other websites, or unlimited from agreed websites.
- 1000 updated software packages, MP3. video clips and games, at 2 Mbps guaranteed speed, offered free through the virtual software library.
- 1000 TV stations and radio stations (with mobile antenna)
- Music, sports and movies TV channels, including coded channels at 1 Mbps, with unlimited traffic.
- Unlimited access to the interactive online library, offered through the satellite, containing : music, movies, pay-per-view channels, games, software, adult channels, online betting etc.
- Permanent e-mail service, with an e-mail client and an e-mail account
- A free new movie, each week.
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by cosobi(m): 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2011
check the bilble
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by lovala(m): 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2011
By the way, where is Privaze? He is not responding to posts to clarify issues. Tchwwwwwwww!!!
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by JOEWAYNE(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2011
pls let allow privaze to land.i think he is correct cos i have the manual.
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by spaceman(m): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2011
How long would it take him to land, still flying on the wings of his discovery?
Ok you have the manual, can you help land him?
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by Lunsat(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2011
It can work if you use a usb Modem where the usb modem is used for uplink while the dongle is used for down link
This has been the case when using Skystar2 pci card. This technology is know as One way Satellite Internet.

I have been to other forums where this was a hot topic. All discussions usually end inconclusively. Two scenarios are postulated":

1. Your decoder "harvests" internet data which others are downloading and passes it on to your computer. This is not surfing because you can't request what you want from the internet.

2. You subscribe to a genuine internet service provider through dial-up or broad band and make data requests the normal way but then your data gets send to the satellite to be boadcast to the entire footprint and you collect your data via your decoder to your computer. This way they say you get unlimited download volume because you supposedly by pass the internet service provider who would otherwise bill you for the data. How the server gets told to send data to the satellite IP address rather than to the requesting dial-up IP address is not explained.

3. Now we have Privaze's version which says you dont even need the decoder.
Decoder is not needed here. Just check your pc you'll see de 2rsr port then u connect it there via the dongle cable but the head must be change to fit in.
presumably you connect the D**le directly to the PC to access internet by unknown means. This is what stumps me.
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by freshp(m): 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
@privaze
you started a thing of beauty . . .but then it seems that you've chickened out. . .

@joewayne
with your manual i think the sky would be the limit. . .please pray share. .

@ All its obvious that somehow someway we are getting there. . .more research please grin grin grin
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by ugotuf(m): 10:07am On Jul 08, 2011
hi all ,i believe that privaze is going to surprise us all with his next reply.quote me!!
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by freshp(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
ugotuf:

hi all ,i believe that privaze is going to surprise us all with his next reply.quote me!!

100% true grin grin grin
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by lovala(m): 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2011
@All:
Same ol' story o! wait and see!
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by agyengo(m): 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2011
mr. Privaze, enlighten us with wat u've got. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by privaze: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2011
The problem we have here in naija is IMPATIENCE! I dont knw who deletd all d insult ppl threw at me wen i creatd dis thread newly sayin im a fool n all sort of names. I was away 4 onli one day onli 2 cum back see pple callin me fake so no problem. Admin pks delet dis thread 2 mak ur pple happy
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by Lov4sat(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2011
It is of no use giving up now if I were you I will just Prove those people wrong by dropping the koko here for every body to go and test it by themselves and report what their findings are to the forum.
grin
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by freshp(m): 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2011
Lov4sat:

It is of no use giving up now if I were you I will just Prove those people wrong by dropping the koko here for every body to go and test it by themselves and report what their findings are to the forum.
grin
they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating. . .so privaze abeg drop the stuff.
@lov4sat
GBAM!
Re: Browsing The Net With Dongle by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
mr thread owner no post anything again jare, person neva land una don bury am, if you need to browse just get dreambox that is what i know.

(1) (Reply)

Ait, Nta,channel,stv And Mitv All Gone On Dstv / DSTV WIN BACK EPL RIGHT............... / STRONG SRT 4330

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.