Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,908 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky (1170 Views)

There Is No Victory For The Poor Ukrainians - Hungary PM, Orban / Viktor Bout: Russian "Merchant Of Death’ Swapped For Brittney Griner / David Andahl Who Died Of COVID-19 Wins Election In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Betscoreodds: 7:39am On Apr 04, 2022
Hungary election: PM Viktor Orban criticises Ukraine's Zelensky as he wins vote
Published2 hours ago
Related Topics
Russia-Ukraine war

IMAGE SOURCE, REUTERS
Image caption,
Viktor Orban (centre) said his party had won a "huge" victory
Hungary's nationalist Prime Minister Viktor Orban has won a fourth term by a landslide in the country's general elections, near-complete results show.
His right-wing Fidesz party had 53.1% of votes with 98% of the count complete, preliminary results show.
The opposition alliance led by Peter Marki-Zay was far behind with 35%.
In his victory speech, Mr Orban criticised Brussels bureaucrats and Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky, calling them "opponents".
"This was a huge victory," Mr Orban told jubilant supporters in the capital Budapest, late on Sunday.
ADVERTISEMENT

"They can see it from the Moon, but certainly from Brussels as well."

Hungary shares a border with Ukraine and has taken in more than half a million refugees so far. Mr Orban insists that by helping the people, but refusing to supply weapons to Ukraine, he is keeping Hungary out of the war.
Mr Zelensky has repeatedly criticised Mr Orban's policies.
When officially confirmed by Hungary's electoral commission, the victory will be Fidesz's fourth successive win since 2010.
The National Election Office said Fidesz would have 135 seats, a two-thirds majority, and the opposition alliance would have 56 seats - again, based on preliminary results.
Mr Orban, 58, has had a fraught relationship with the EU, which considers that Fidesz has undermined Hungary's democratic institutions.
Victory for Hungary's Orban means a headache for the EU
The man who thinks Europe has been invaded
In his 12 years in power, Mr Orban has rewritten the constitution, filled the top courts with his appointees, and changed the electoral system to his advantage.
During campaigning, the opposition's catch-phrase was "Orban or Europe".
Their candidate Peter Marki-Zay argued that Hungary should join Poland, the UK and others in supplying arms to Ukraine. And if called upon, and only within a Nato framework, should even consider sending troops.
The opposition complained that Fidesz had isolated Hungary from the European mainstream, and from consensual democracy, fairness and decency.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60977917

Unpredictable thorn in EU and Nato's side

You could almost hear the collective thud of EU hearts sinking last night.
A self-styled illiberal democrat, Hungary's leader has repeatedly clashed with Brussels over rule of law issues such press freedom and migration.
They've fallen out over Moscow too. Mr Orban is famed for his warm relations with Vladimir Putin. He signed up to Western sanctions - but refuses to supply Ukraine with weapons. He's the only EU leader to openly criticise President Zelensky.
Hungary is becoming increasingly isolated in the EU and Nato - but Mr Orban knows neither institution is keen to ostracise him. They want a show of Western unity to display to Russia.
His new term in office means he'll remain an unpredictable thorn in their side.

More than 200 international observers monitored the election in Hungary, along with thousands of volunteers from across the political spectrum.
Turnout hit 68.69%, almost matching the record number of voters in the last national elections in 2018.
Mr Marki-Zay, the conservative opposition leader, conceded defeat late on Sunday evening.
"I will not hide my sadness and my disappointment," he told supporters, accusing Fidesz of running a campaign of "hate and lies".
He claimed the opposition had done "everything humanly possible" but that the campaign had been "an unequal fight" as anti-Fidesz politicians got so little showing in state media.

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Betscoreodds: 7:41am On Apr 04, 2022
A self-styled illiberal democrat, Hungary's leader has repeatedly clashed with European policy's...

This are men who can take on the evil globalization cult.

God bless putin...

God bless mother Russia.

9 Likes

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Padipadi(m): 7:45am On Apr 04, 2022
Evil ll never triumph. Both Orban abi na Urban & Regional Planning and Putin ll be shamed!
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by izenco2005(m): 7:45am On Apr 04, 2022
Betscoreodds:
A self-styled illiberal democrat, Hungary's leader has repeatedly clashed with European policy's...

God bless putin... Everything mother of Russia na only English u sabi

God bless mother Russia.

2 Likes

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Eriokanmi: 7:52am On Apr 04, 2022
How relevant is Hungary to the EU? They contribute almost nothing as an Eastern Europe country. I've been there myself, poor people. Their leaders would always support putin cos sanctions are taking its toll on them economically. Should EU drop them today, they wouldn't feel it cos they're a liability to the EU already. His complaints should also have been on the massive refugees from Ukraine in Hungary, which is like a burden to them economically. Meanwhile, he doesn't seem to know what would become of them tomorrow as a country. This criticism of zelensky won't go down well with the EU. I'm awaiting their reactions on this. Hungary begged for EU membership like their whole life depended on it at a time. This is so disappointing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Elvictor: 7:54am On Apr 04, 2022
Padipadi:
Evil ll never triumph. Both Orban abi na Urban & Regional Planning and Putin ll be shamed!

grin grin

Em don win na
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Parachoko: 8:03am On Apr 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:
How relevant is Hungary to the EU? They contribute almost nothing as an Eastern Europe country. I've been there myself, poor people. Their leaders would always support putin cos sanctions is taking its toll on them.economically. Should EU drop them today, they wouldn't feel it cos they're a liability to the EU. His complaints should aldo have been on the massive refugees from Ukraine which is like a burden to them economically. Meanwhile, he doesn't seem to know what would become of them tomorrow as a country. This criticism of selensky won't go down well with the EU. I'm awaiting their reactions on this. Hungary begged for EU membership like their whole life depended on it. This is so disappointing.
Not every Europeans want to partake in this war between Russia and Ukraine.

During world war 2, Spain was neutral.

Hungary have choosen in a free and fair election, they do not want anything to do with the war.

They partake in sanctioning Russia, but they are not ready to send weapons to Ukraine. You are just been emotional about this.

The Hungarians have done nothing wrong. Hungary can't be expelled from the EU or Suspended from the EU because they refuse to supply weapons to the Ukrainians. Nothing the EU can do about it.

12 Likes

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Betscoreodds: 8:06am On Apr 04, 2022
Padipadi:

Not yet time to cry wait until Germany start to riot.

1 Like

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Padipadi(m): 8:25am On Apr 04, 2022
Betscoreodds:

Not yet time to cry wait until Germany start to riot.
I won't cry. But you should start crying. I v placed a bucket & another big can under your eyes. Start crying. You ll be paid for being sad! Don't worry!
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Eriokanmi: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2022
Parachoko:
Not every Europeans want to partake in this war between Russia and Ukraine.

During world war 2, Spain was neutral.

Hungary have choosen in a free and fair election, they do not want anything to do with the war.

They partake in sanctioning Russia, but they are not ready to send war to Ukraine. You are just been emotional about this.

The Hungarians have done nothing wrong. Hungary can't be expelled from the EU or Suspended from the EU because they refuse to supply weapons to the Ukrainians. Nothing the EU can do about it.
His comment wasn't about the case of weapons donations to Ukraine per se. Far from it. Did Poland not say they'd not send jets to Ukraine? Did they receive any sanctions to that effect? Didn't US Secretary of State still visit them? Didn't Biden also visit? But Poland still criticised putin for invading Ukraine and condemned the attack

The issue is majorly on the refugees fleeing to Hungary for protection. Due to their poor state, they don't want that, even though the EU had pledged to support them. Did you know that this country was reported to have held back black students refugees and detained some of them? Hungary is like that. Wven my visa interview in abuja was a though one, befire it was finally approved. They are not a refugee friendly nation,judging from the past, including when same russua first hit Ukraine in their military neutralisation campaign. I'm not surprised at their leaders comment on the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Their antecedents have also shown that they're just not being considerate. During the world war 2, they also were neutral and that's why you still see those 300 years old buildings still standing in Budapest, which are quite rare in some major parts of Europe. Their neutrality was taken for cowardice hence, their poor state as seen today. I wish them good luck in coming days in the hands of the EU
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Parachoko: 8:59am On Apr 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Did Poland not say they'd not send jets to Ukraine?
After reading this, I had a big doubt you had an idea what you are talking about grin

Like I said before you had no idea of what you're talking about
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Eriokanmi: 9:01am On Apr 04, 2022
Parachoko:
After reading this, I had a big doubt you had an idea what you are talking about grin
So you meant Poland didn't refuse to send a jet? shocked
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Parachoko: 9:03am On Apr 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I meant to state that...did Poland not say they'd not send....it was a typo and I've corrected it
Like I said before, you do not have an idea what you are talking about

Is this also a typo

Eriokanmi:

Their antecedents have also shown that they're just not being considerate. During the world war 2, they also were neutral and that's why you still see those 300 years old buildings still standing in Budapest, which are quite rare in some major parts of Europe. Their neutrality was taken for cowardice hence, their poor state as seen today. I wish them good luck in coming days in the hands of the EU
You have no idea of what you are talking about
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Truvelisback(m): 9:08am On Apr 04, 2022
Betscoreodds:

God bless putin...

God bless mother Russia.
Hungary president is a selfless leader unlike our leaders. He is more concerned abt his people's well being, lives and properties. No wonder they still voted him in even after 12years of being their President.

1 Like

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Truvelisback(m): 9:13am On Apr 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:
How relevant is Hungary to the EU? They contribute almost nothing as an Eastern Europe country. I've been there myself, poor people. Their leaders would always support putin cos sanctions are taking its toll on them economically. Should EU drop them today, they wouldn't feel it cos they're a liability to the EU already. His complaints should also have been on the massive refugees from Ukraine in Hungary, which is like a burden to them economically. Meanwhile, he doesn't seem to know what would become of them tomorrow as a country. This criticism of zelensky won't go down well with the EU. I'm awaiting their reactions on this. Hungary begged for EU membership like their whole life depended on it at a time. This is so disappointing.
Oga, stop calling them names. He doesn't want war. He is only trying to prevent war and more concern abt his people's well being, lives and properties. He doesn't want his people to suffer hunger, inflation and sarcity of gas, oil and fuel.

6 Likes

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Parachoko: 9:16am On Apr 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:
So you meant Poland didn't refuse to send a jet? shocked
Poland was ready to send jets through the USA

The USA rejected the proposal

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/3/9/us-rejects-poland-offer-to-send-mig-29-fighter-jets-to-ukraine

https://amp.dw.com/en/scholz-sending-polish-jets-to-ukraine-via-us-base-in-germany-certainly-not-an-option/a-61060929

I've showed you evidence Poland was ready to send jets(MIG 29) through the USA, but, the proposal was rejected by the USA.

Now is your time to show me evidence Poland never showed interest in sending Fighter jets.

3 Likes

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Parachoko: 9:18am On Apr 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:

Have you heard of the Austria-Hungary Empire? Hungary partake in World war 1

And in World War 2, they also partake in the war on the side of "The Axis".

Like I said earlier, you do not have an idea about all what you are talking about.
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by seunny4lif(m): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2022
Hungary don't want to be part of Ukraine war as Hungary have seen 2 wars in their home soil.
WW1 and WW2.

1 Like

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Appleyard(m): 10:34am On Apr 04, 2022
I didn't expect less from the people for a leader who decide to stand for the interest of his people first as against selling their long term security and economic interest to massive the oversize ego of the US led EU zombie Bloc. I duff my hat for this courageous leader, a Christian to the core, a realist who never betrayed his people, unlike the Ukrainian comedian who is painstakingly doing everything possible to destroy Ukraine while his western puppet masters and their Lamestream media covens hails him as a hero.

Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Appleyard(m): 10:41am On Apr 04, 2022
Padipadi:

The fact that Orban stood against using his country as a weapon shipment to the war in Ukraine yet his people still gave him a resounding victory, just shows that the Hungarian society sees beyond the facade of so-called western liberal DeMoncrazy.

If putting your country's economic and security interest first is what makes a leader evil, the Hungarian people just told you they love this kind of evil. cool So stop swallowing Panadol for another man's headache.

7 Likes

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by baralatie(m): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Right now!
Hungary is a big lifeline for the EU to survive

1 Like

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by baralatie(m): 10:47am On Apr 04, 2022
Truvelisback:
Oga, stop calling them names. He doesn't want war. He is only trying to prevent war and more concern abt his people's well being, lives and properties. He doesn't want his people to suffer hunger, inflation and sarcity of gas, oil and fuel.
And the EU need him now like crazy

1 Like

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 04, 2022
Nice one, as a leader your countries interest should come first before any other thing, not every leader would be like zelensky....pushed by the USA, and western nations to want to join NATO, unfortunately today this decision has resulted to war, many innocent Ukrainians have lost their lives because of this leader Decision. What nobody would tell you is that Ukraine is not the only country sharing boundary with Russia, finland also share boundaries with Russia and the two countries are living in peace ( finaland is not even part of NATO), I think other world leaders are learning from zelensky miscalculation as a leader, ukraine is a shadow of its past today, no country including the US and NATO want to be physically involve to help Ukraine in the war, this is a lesson to all other countries to pursue the part of peace and diplomacy before things would go out of hand, because at the end not even the big boys( super powers) would want to help you.

1 Like

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Truvelisback(m): 11:50am On Apr 04, 2022
baralatie:

And the EU need him now like crazy
And they are acting like they don't need Putin. grin
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Padipadi(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2022
Appleyard:

The fact that Orban stood against using his country as a weapon shipment to the war in Ukraine yet his people still gave him a resounding victory, just shows that the Hungarian society sees beyond the facade of so-called western liberal DeMoncrazy.

If putting your country's economic and security interest first is what makes a leader evil, the Hungarian people just told you they love this kind of evil. cool So stop swallowing Panadol for another man's headache.
ok I won't swallow panadol ontop Hungary matter. But I m ready to drink agbo ontop Putin matter. Putin must stop this bloodshed in Ukraine, wake all the dead people, pay for damages & all the things destroyed must be recovered within one month or else!
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by sanpipita(m): 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
Johnnycastro18:
Nice one, as a leader your countries interest should come first before any other thing, not every leader would be like zelensky....pushed by the USA, and western nations to want to join NATO, unfortunately today this decision has resulted to war, many innocent Ukrainians have lost their lives because of this leader Decision. What nobody would tell you is that Ukraine is not the only country sharing boundary with Russia, finland also share boundaries with Russia and the two countries are living in peace ( finaland is not even part of NATO), I think other world leaders are learning from zelensky miscalculation as a leader, ukraine is a shadow of its past today, no country including the US and NATO want to be physically involve to help Ukraine in the war, this is a lesson to all other countries to pursue the part of peace and diplomacy before things would go out of hand, because at the end not even the big boys( super powers) would want to help you.

Lol but Hungary is a NATO member, and what makes you think Ukrainians don't want NATO, Swedes and Finnish are pushing to join NATO as of today
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by tonididdy(m): 12:47am On Apr 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
... When a child is not protected by his father, he will see his father as a weakling, a coward.
Of what use is an EU membership they "begged" for according to you, if all the membership is about mounting weaponry against an unforseen enemy.
Na Belle wey chop they sing national anthem.
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Betscoreodds: 11:46am On Apr 05, 2022
Padipadi:
I won't cry. But you should start crying. I v placed a bucket & another big can under your eyes. Start crying. You ll be paid for being sad! Don't worry!

Lol am really enjoying the humiliation of the new world order or one world government.. Lol.

Which post will you hold when they start telling you how to live your life.

1 Like

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Betscoreodds: 11:48am On Apr 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
Hungary president is a selfless leader unlike our leaders. He is more concerned abt his people's well being, lives and properties. No wonder they still voted him in even after 12years of being their President.

Exactly

It takes a man to stop kissing the butt of USA.

1 Like

Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Padipadi(m): 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
Betscoreodds:

Lol am really enjoying the humiliation of the new world order or one world government.. Lol.

Which post will you hold when they start telling you how to live your life.
No one is dictating life. I stand against tyranny of Putin.
Re: Hungary PM Viktor Orban Wins Election And Criticises Ukraine's Zelensky by Betscoreodds: 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2022
Padipadi:

No one is dictating life. I stand against tyranny of Putin.

If you suddenly decide to declare Russia an international aggressor, read these facts and figures. Over 3 million people - that's how many foreigners the US military has killed in 60 invasions of sovereign nations under the pretext of bringing "democracy"?
Cuba (1906) - ?
Nicaragua (1912) - ?
Haiti (1915) - ?
Dominican Republic (1916) - ? 29
Russia (1918) - 2,000
Japan (1945)- 246000
Philippines (1948-1953) - 160,000
Puerto Rico (1950) - 29
Korea (1950-1953) - 570
Guatemala (1954) - 100000
Lebanon (1958) - ?
Panama (1958) - 734
Laos (1959) - 3,000
Haiti (1959) - 2204
Ecuador (1960) - ?
Guatemala (1960) - ?
Dominican Republic (1965) - 2500
Vietnam (1964-1975) - ? 850132
Guatemala (1966) - ?
Indonesia (1966) - ?
Philippines (1966) - ?
Cambodia (1967) - ? 300.000
Laos (1971-1973) - ?
Nicaragua (1972) - ?
El Salvador (1977) - ? 75.000
Grenada (1983) - ?
Libya (1986) - ?
Iran (1980) - ?
Lebanon (1982) - ? 144000
Grenada (1983) - 141
Libya (1986) - 45
Honduras (1988) - ?
Iran (1988) - 290
Virgin Islands (1989) - ?
Panama (1989) - ? 734
Iraq (1991) - ?
Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992 - 1995) - ? 98.000
Somalia (1992 -1994) - ? 1,000
Haiti (1994) - ? 200
Sudan (1998) - ?
Yugoslavia (1999) - 5,700
Afghanistan (2001-2021) - 103000
Iraq (2003-2011) - 690000
Iraq (2011-2017) - 170000
Liberia (2003) - 150000
Pakistan (2004) - 108000
Libya (2011) - 40000
Syria (2013) - 2286
Yemen (2015) - 11000
Cameroon (2015) - ?
Libya (2015) - 1,000
And then there were the color revolutions perpetrated (or thwarted) by the US in Georgia (2003), Ukraine (2004, 2014), Kyrgyzstan (2005), Tunisia (2011), Armenia (2008, 2015), Russia (2010, 2013), Belarus (2020), and Kazakhstan (2022).
The sanctions imposed on the US for this age-old international terrorism are 0.
Judge for yourself. No politics, just numbers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wagner Displays Weapons Captured In Soledar. / Operation Libya And The Battle For Oil: Redrawing The Map Of Africa / Breaking News : North Korea Readies Nuclear Weapons Ready For Use.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.